Opinion of Jfern?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:37:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Jfern?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Sorry, I had too...
freedom fighter

horrible person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Opinion of Jfern?  (Read 12839 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 04:04:50 PM »

the whole 940-60 thing is just a thing that got out of hand.
I don't even know the whole argument, and I do think you do get a lot of unneeded crap for it, but you did bring it up this time and I think people are sick of hearing it.

The point is that for months many people thought I was wrong when I said that "940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level", which anyone who understands basic statistics would immediately realize is a true statement.

I clearly argued why it was true, but facts don't matter to a lot of people on this forum.

This problem can't be ignored, because a lot of time was spent arguing it. If people were still claiming I was wrong here, they're obviously going to claim I'm wrong everywhere.

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.   

As I said, many people were calling me JFraud, and claiming I was wrong, even though I had proven that I was right. I back up what I say more than most people on here, but this forum doesn't give a sh**t about the facts.  I had proven that my statement was true but people said that J.J. (who argued that it was false) knew more about statistics. That speaks volumes about this forum.

You just said it was statistically significant, not that it was significant when compared to a fair coin.  The first is an empty and meaningless statement, the second is obviously true.  And neither have anything to do with determining if there is a statistically significant relationship between temperatures and CO2 levels, the discussion that started the whole thing over a year ago now.

Can you read? I've said this many times, and long ago.

940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level"

Got any evidence, or are you just mindlessly slandering?

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.

I admitted that those news items were wrong. FoxNews later incorrectly reported that King Fahd was dead. I don't see you bashing FoxNews for that. You know what, lots of people report news that turns out to be incorrect. Yet only I seem to get bashed for it. Why is that? I was merely relaying what I thought was correct news. You on the other hand have slandered me and claimed that I know little of statistics, even though you think that a linear correlation of 94% can never be statistically significant. You are a low life ing hypocrite.

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.

He says Bush stole Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (I might be wrong about Ohio, that could be someone else). There's your lying right there.

Care to explain why the SCOTUS ended the recount? Does the Florida scrub list mean anything to you?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 04:06:13 PM »

Not a very nice person
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.

They are on this forum if you're a liberal who admits he's wrong.

Speak for yourself.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 04:07:34 PM »

the whole 940-60 thing is just a thing that got out of hand.
I don't even know the whole argument, and I do think you do get a lot of unneeded crap for it, but you did bring it up this time and I think people are sick of hearing it.

The point is that for months many people thought I was wrong when I said that "940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level", which anyone who understands basic statistics would immediately realize is a true statement.

I clearly argued why it was true, but facts don't matter to a lot of people on this forum.

This problem can't be ignored, because a lot of time was spent arguing it. If people were still claiming I was wrong here, they're obviously going to claim I'm wrong everywhere.

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.   

As I said, many people were calling me JFraud, and claiming I was wrong, even though I had proven that I was right. I back up what I say more than most people on here, but this forum doesn't give a sh**t about the facts.  I had proven that my statement was true but people said that J.J. (who argued that it was false) knew more about statistics. That speaks volumes about this forum.

You just said it was statistically significant, not that it was significant when compared to a fair coin.  The first is an empty and meaningless statement, the second is obviously true.  And neither have anything to do with determining if there is a statistically significant relationship between temperatures and CO2 levels, the discussion that started the whole thing over a year ago now.

Can you read? I've said this many times, and long ago.

940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level"

I admitted that those news items were wrong. FoxNews later incorrectly reported that King Fahd was dead. I don't see you bashing FoxNews for that. You know what, lots of people report news that turns out to be incorrect. Yet only I seem to get bashed for it. Why is that? I was merely relaying what I thought was correct news. You on the other hand have slandered me and claimed that I know little of statistics, even though you think that a linear correlation of 94% can never be statistically significant. You are a low life ing hypocrite.

He says Bush stole Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (I might be wrong about Ohio, that could be someone else). There's your lying right there.

Care to explain why the SCOTUS ended the recount? Does the Florida scrub list mean anything to you?

Does the truth mean anything to you or do you have to continue to be the hack that you are? No need to answer that because I know the answer.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 04:10:43 PM »

I fully know that, but, in a twist of exquisite irony, he called FOX News liars for passing on the news that Pope JPII was dead when he wa snot quite gone yet.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2006, 04:12:45 PM »

I fully know that, but, in a twist of exquisite irony, he called FOX News liars for passing on the news that Pope JPII was dead when he wa snot quite gone yet.

Fox was wrong twice, and I was wrong only once, and you're still bashing me? You are a worthless scumbag who thinks that a linear correlation of 94% can never be statistically significant. At least I admit when I'm wrong.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »

Wow, this forum hates facts.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2006, 04:22:11 PM »

What on earth is wrong with you? Seriously now; you seem to spend most of your time yelling at people as if they'd shot your dog or something. Why?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2006, 04:23:08 PM »

What on earth is wrong with you? Seriously now; you seem to spend most of your time yelling at people as if they'd shot your dog or something. Why?

Because they don't care about the facts.

Do you still think that I'm a social darwinist because I care about poor people who live in NY?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »

He has his moments of freakatude, but overall hes an OK guy.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »

I never knew that you were a fascist and a Republican apologist, Al.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »

Because they don't care about the facts.

Leaving aside your own record as far as "facts" go, what kind of an excuse is *that* to verbally assault people in the way that you do?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

IIRC I called you that quite a while (months, maybe even a year?) ago due to the fact that you saw nothing wrong with sky-high abortion rates in inner cities.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2006, 04:35:52 PM »

Horrible person.  jfern and MissCatholic are embarrassments to the Democratic Party.  He probably thinks that fellow Bay Area idiot Nancy Pelosi is too conservative.

As somebody pointed out earlier, if the Democratic Party was full of people like him we'd be lucky to break 10% in presidential elections.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »

Horrible person.  jfern and MissCatholic are embarrassments to the Democratic Party.  He probably thinks that fellow Bay Area idiot Nancy Pelosi is too conservative.

As somebody pointed out earlier, if the Democratic Party was full of people like him we'd be lucky to break 10% in presidential elections.

Can you come up with a single real criticism, or do you just not like liberals at all?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »

Actually, he has a valid point.  Whenever a forum Democrat professes to agree with a forum Republican on even one single issue, you call them a DINO.  Whenever a forum Democrat predicts that a Democratic candidate will probably lose an election, you call them a DINO.  For some reason, you've appointed yourself as the person who gets to decide what makes a person a Democrat - and your standards are far too high.  Hence, Virginian87's point that if the Democratic Party was full of people like you, it would be lucky to break 10%.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2006, 04:46:17 PM »

Anyways, polls on this forum are rather useless.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=20985.0

That's 75% who implicitly were disagreeing with the following 2 statements

1. A sample of 940 heads and 60 tails is statistically significantly different (at the 95% confidence level) from that of a fair coin

2. A linear correlation of 94% can be statistically significant (at the 95% confidence level).

This forum is biased against the facts.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

Actually, he has a valid point.  Whenever a forum Democrat professes to agree with a forum Republican on even one single issue, you call them a DINO.
Wrong, there are many forum Democrats that I disagree with on many issues, and I don't call them a DINO. I don't believe I've ever called Ebowed or Flyers a DINO and they disagree with me on many issues.

More BS, I actually thought that Kaine would lose in the Virginia governor race. By your logic, I must have called myself a DINO.

How so? The main issue for me recently has been Alito. If you've been getting your news from the right-wing corporate media perhaps it's understandable that you think that he's mainstream even when Senator Frist said he would be the "worst nightmare" for liberals. The point is that Alito would likely uphold the Bush adminstration's illegal wiretaps that pre-date 9/11, and other serious violations of civil liberties.

Total BS, liberals are more than 10% of the voters.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »

I have a positive opinion of him. He's a great asset to the Republicans.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2006, 05:16:33 PM »

Well, I like jfern.  He can be quite rude at times, and lately his posts have been worse, but you certainly can't deny that he gets picked so much on because he's unpopular and therefore an easy target.  He's also not really partisan, either, unlike he is sometimes accused.  If I had to make two complaints they would be:
1. Uses the "judicial activist" figures from the New York Times too much that purposely make the conservative jurists look like activists;
2. States that the Court consists of 7 Republicans and 2 Democrats, which is totally irrelevant most of the time.

I don't agree with all of his arguments, but I usually give them a fair chance.

So, freedom fighter, if only because I don't think he's a horrible person.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2006, 05:34:14 PM »

He's a bit of a troll but not bad enough to be  a Horrible Person.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2006, 05:39:07 PM »

Although I dont agree with his politics thats not enough to call him a horrible person. 
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

I love it when he's around.  He makes the forum much more entertaining.

That said, neither of the above.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

He simply needs to calm down most of the time.  He has been worse of late, don't know why.  FF/HP is really not applicable in these type of situations.

This thread is pretty funny, though, so maybe I'll rethink whether he needs to calm down. Smiley
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2006, 06:11:55 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2006, 06:13:43 PM by Virginian87 »

Don't you see that the "moderate" Democrats have no spine and don't stand for anything?

Case in point.  Every time I criticize one aspect of the liberal Democratic agenda, I (or any other moderate for that matter) end up with this.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2006, 06:23:05 PM »

Let me say that while I have had a number of disagreements with Jfern, I don't much care for the 'piling on' nature of this thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies