Opinion of Jfern?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:57:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Jfern?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: Sorry, I had too...
freedom fighter

horrible person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: Opinion of Jfern?  (Read 12848 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2006, 02:24:35 PM »

When I met him five years ago, he was very nice, courteous, and cooperative. Unlike Rick Santorum, George W. Bush, or Dick Cheney, who all refused to see us (It was our history class asking for an interview for the school paper, and all of those whom we interviewed including Joe Lieberman, and Arlen Specter). Gore took the time to see the five of us, and I couldn't have asked for more from him, unlike Bush or Santorum, etc. who outright refused to see us.

Well, Senator Specter was very kind, and I left with a positive opinion of him. He answered our questions, and was very kind over lunch. Same with Gore and Lieberman (Lieberman has an odd sense of humor btw).

I also have a very positive opinion of Arlen Specter, who was also very gracious with us.

I'm surprised about Specter.  He has quite a reputation for being an asshole.

Specter's only an asshole to Republicans.  He's nice to democrats.

Sort of like jfern?

No, ferny's mean to just about everybody.

He's a total prick, but he doesn't attack those few who agree with him.  He attacks all Republicans, and any Democrat who isn't as extreme as he is.  Under his definition of "Democrat," the party would receive about 10% of the vote.  It's scary that people like him comprise even that big a share of the population.

I wonder if he has many friends.  I find it hard to believe that he could, even in Berzerkeley.

This opportunity was just too good.  I agree with dazzleman's statement-although I wouldn't say horrible person.  Just an very angry, illogical Democrat.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »

yes, I realize I've just opened up the floodgates for "opinion, of (insert forum member here", so be it.  Tongue
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »

Wow, more mindless bashing of me for being a liberal.  This forum hates liberals.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2021, 12:34:18 AM by I SAY FURNACE, YOU SAY FEST »

Without a doubt, a true freedom fighter TRULY Horrible Person, absolute bottom of the barrel.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »

Wow, more mindless bashing of me for being a liberal.  This forum hates liberals.

I did it as a joke dude.  I don't care what your beliefs are, provided you have a way of backing yourself up-not just the Republicans are stealing Rolexes.

Once again, the opportunity was there, so it was a joke
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 02:42:06 PM »

I did it as a joke dude.  I don't care what your beliefs are, provided you have a way of backing yourself up-not just the Republicans are stealing Rolexes.

Once again, the opportunity was there, so it was a joke

I do back myself up. The fact is that this forum has plenty of people who will argue a completely wrong argument against me and never give up, despite the overwhelming evidence that I'm right and they're wrong. Example: The 940 heads and 60 tails question.

I present more facts and back myself up more than almost anyone on this forum. Yet the majority of the forum decided I was wrong on statistics. This forum needs to get smarter.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 02:45:26 PM »

Responding to people's posts with such gems as, "liar", "DINO", "Republican apoligist [sic]", "bullsh**t", etc. is hardly what I'd call backing yourself up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »

Responding to people's posts with such gems as, "liar", "DINO", "Republican apoligist [sic]", "bullsh**t", etc. is hardly what I'd call backing yourself up.

Whatever, I present more facts than most people on here, and plenty of people have called me JFraud for arguing things that are clearly correct.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 02:46:50 PM »

the whole 940-60 thing is just a thing that got out of hand.
I don't even know the whole argument, and I do think you do get a lot of unneeded crap for it, but you did bring it up this time and I think people are sick of hearing it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »
« Edited: January 22, 2006, 02:49:51 PM by jfern »

I don't even know the whole argument, and I do think you do get a lot of unneeded crap for it, but you did bring it up this time and I think people are sick of hearing it.

The point is that for months many people thought I was wrong when I said that "940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level", which anyone who understands basic statistics would immediately realize is a true statement.

I clearly argued why it was true, but facts don't matter to a lot of people on this forum.

This problem can't be ignored, because a lot of time was spent arguing it. If people were still claiming I was wrong here, they're obviously going to claim I'm wrong everywhere.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »

You forgot:

"Your Mom is unconstitutional"
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »

Don't forget the now-infamous "your mom."

EDIT: LOL - Jake remembers Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

You forgot:

"Your Mom is unconstitutional"

Yawn, I was pointing out that A18 thinks that everything is unconstitional.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

Anyways, my point rests. Facts don't matter to many people on this forum, and they'll think that I'm wrong even when I've clearly proven that I'm right.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 02:54:09 PM »

The point is that for months many people thought I was wrong when I said that "940 heads and 60 tails is statistically different from that of a fair coin at the 95% confidence level", which anyone who understands basic statistics would immediately realize is a true statement.

I clearly argued why it was true, but facts don't matter to a lot of people on this forum.

This problem can't be ignored, because a lot of time was spent arguing it. If people were still claiming I was wrong here, they're obviously going to claim I'm wrong everywhere.

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.  
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 02:54:51 PM »

Yawn, I was pointing out that A18 thinks that everything is unconstitional.

Like a five year old.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.   

As I said, many people were calling me JFraud, and claiming I was wrong, even though I had proven that I was right. I back up what I say more than most people on here, but this forum doesn't give a sh**t about the facts.  I had proven that my statement was true but people said that J.J. (who argued that it was false) knew more about statistics. That speaks volumes about this forum.
Tory

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

Negative, but he isn't a troll or anything
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »

JFraud is a horrible person.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 03:45:09 PM »

He's a liar.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 03:52:25 PM »

Got any evidence, or are you just mindlessly slandering?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »

okay, with a 95% CI, yeah, that's true.  But that's a lot to get upset over when someone doesn't understand that.   

As I said, many people were calling me JFraud, and claiming I was wrong, even though I had proven that I was right. I back up what I say more than most people on here, but this forum doesn't give a sh**t about the facts.  I had proven that my statement was true but people said that J.J. (who argued that it was false) knew more about statistics. That speaks volumes about this forum.

You just said it was statistically significant, not that it was significant when compared to a fair coin.  The first is an empty and meaningless statement, the second is obviously true.  And neither have anything to do with determining if there is a statistically significant relationship between temperatures and CO2 levels, the discussion that started the whole thing over a year ago now.

Hate to keep it going, just want to make sure the whole story is out there.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 03:54:55 PM »

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »

You did say Republicans were stealing watches and that King Fahd was dead long before he really was.

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 04:04:01 PM »

Be fair to jfern.  He was just passing on/misinterpreting information.  Being wrong and lying are not the same thing.

He says Bush stole Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 (I might be wrong about Ohio, that could be someone else). There's your lying right there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies