Lack of Trade Unions in the USA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Lack of Trade Unions in the USA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lack of Trade Unions in the USA  (Read 7098 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: May 19, 2004, 02:40:20 AM »

Indeed.

Labor unions are necessary...provided they aren't corrupt.

Wow moose, you're batting 1.000 with me on posts I agree with!  Not too often I see that out of Republicans here.  I agree that the Philly ones are definitely corrupt, but they also get a lot of undue negative press.  It's funny, I'm from Northeast Philly with an almost even mix of Dems and Repubs.  Most of us have a favorable opinion of unions, most of us are for fair trade, a good number oppose the invasion of Iraq, we basically all DESPISE Mayor John Street! (Yes, I am a Katz Democrat... shh).  The main dividing issue here is abortion.  Those that care less are Dems and those that go to Mass and subscribe to the Catholic Standard and Times are Republican.  I also notice a lot of Philly cops are Repubs as well.  Where in PA?      
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 06:02:10 PM »

Indeed.

Labor unions are necessary...provided they aren't corrupt.

Wow moose, you're batting 1.000 with me on posts I agree with!  Not too often I see that out of Republicans here.  I agree that the Philly ones are definitely corrupt, but they also get a lot of undue negative press.  It's funny, I'm from Northeast Philly with an almost even mix of Dems and Repubs.  Most of us have a favorable opinion of unions, most of us are for fair trade, a good number oppose the invasion of Iraq, we basically all DESPISE Mayor John Street! (Yes, I am a Katz Democrat... shh).  The main dividing issue here is abortion.  Those that care less are Dems and those that go to Mass and subscribe to the Catholic Standard and Times are Republican.  I also notice a lot of Philly cops are Repubs as well.  Where in PA?      

Lets just say I live very close to the turnpike and I-95.

Think we're gonna win the next 2 against tampa?

Flyers will win the next two.  Thye have more depserate veterans.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 05:37:40 AM »

Labor unions actually don't do any good for their members - any monopolistic attempt to artificially raise prices for a commodity such as labor will only cause the buyer (employers and ultimately consumers) to look for alternatives - such as overseas, automation, etc.  It automatically leads to unemployment.  I think the only way labor unions can artificially inflate the price of labor is with government force - for example protectionism - violating the rights of buyers.

That's BS.  Though in some cases, unions do in fact protect lazy and/or incompetent people they shouldn't be.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies