Legal challenge to the "boss act" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:45:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legal challenge to the "boss act" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legal challenge to the "boss act"  (Read 6885 times)
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« on: May 20, 2004, 05:09:53 PM »

Here is what I proposed as a new amendment:

"No legal abortions shall be permitted after the first trimester of a womans' pregnancy, unless the woman was a victim of rape, or a medical doctor confirms that the mothers' health would be in serious danger if the pregnancy was to continue, and she was forced to bear a child."

Here is what I would like if I could have my way:

"No legal abortions shall be permitted after the first timester of a womans' pregnancy, unless the woman was a victim of rape, or a medical doctor confirms that the mothers' or fetus' health would be severly impaired or in morbid danger if the pregnancy was to continue, and the mother was forced to bear a child."

Basically, I would like to have another exception for severe complications of the baby. Some tests to determine the health or otherwise of fetuses canot be performed until the 16th week, in the second trimester.

I would like to include that, but it isn't practical.

Is it not better to at least allow some form of abortion, txg, then leaving the situation in a state of limbo? At least this way we will have a law that wll allow for extreme cases to abort their pregnancy for the whole term.

Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 02:22:51 AM »

my amendment llows for second and hird trimester abortions due to rape and mothers' health, and hilst i would like second trimester abortion to be allowable for childs' health, it won't pass.

1st Trimester: Completely legal
2nd Trimester: Legal in cases of rape and health
3rd trimester: ditto

I think that is a reasonable comprimise, and at least it exists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies