Legal challenge to the "boss act" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:07:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legal challenge to the "boss act" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legal challenge to the "boss act"  (Read 6882 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« on: May 18, 2004, 08:58:01 PM »

If the law should pass, Texasgurl will have legal standing to challenge it on the basis that she is a fertile woman, and the law could potentially deprive her of her liberty and be considered damaging.

Not good enough.  Texasgurl needs to prove that some kind of damages have been inflicted on her as the result of this new law.  She won't be able to do it considering the fact that this is a fantasy elections board.  If she tries to do a "legal challenge" to this law, we ought to laugh her off the forum.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 09:04:17 PM »

Maybe it's time for another constitutional amendment to disband the supreme court or at least limit their power.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 09:11:36 PM »

The Supreme Court will hear debates on the issue if said bill is passed by the Senate and signed by the President.

That's why.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2004, 09:20:28 PM »

And this from the person who calls our tax code unconstitutional. Face it, you're no Louis Brandeis.

You're right.  I'm closer to a John Jay.  You, on the other hand, are no Earl Warren!
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2004, 09:32:05 PM »

I'm better looking, but I certainly wouldn't mind having a legal brain of her caliber.

Brain?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies