Blagojevich leads Topinka by 8% in new Research 2000 Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Blagojevich leads Topinka by 8% in new Research 2000 Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blagojevich leads Topinka by 8% in new Research 2000 Poll  (Read 3331 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2006, 09:00:51 PM »

He leads by 8%, but is still only polling at 45%:

Blagojevich    45%
Topinka          37%

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/50992C2C93DF4927862570FD00239808?OpenDocument

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisstatenews/story/78F35C916FEA0506862570FD000A6663?OpenDocument
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 09:04:47 PM »

Blagojevich would've been vulnerable if the Illinois GOP wasn't such a joke. But they are, so he'll cruise to reelection.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 09:06:31 PM »

Blagojevich would've been vulnerable if the Illinois GOP wasn't such a joke. But they are, so he'll cruise to reelection.

KEYES WILL DESTROY HIM
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 09:09:07 PM »

The head-to-head match ups aren't going to be that meaningful until after the primary. With a four way race for the GOP and a challenger on the Dem side the public perception of the candidates is going to evolve over the next two months.

It's also interesting that they only polled against one GOP candidate. Other polls have typically done multiple match up polls.
BobOMac2k2

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 02:59:36 PM »

That's my boy.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »

The head-to-head match ups aren't going to be that meaningful until after the primary. With a four way race for the GOP and a challenger on the Dem side the public perception of the candidates is going to evolve over the next two months.

It's also interesting that they only polled against one GOP candidate. Other polls have typically done multiple match up polls.
Maybe it was paid for by Topinka?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 02:36:21 AM »

None of the six candidates is running a credible campaign at this time.
ill ind

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 10:49:06 AM »

A big shocker of a poll recently released of Cook County Dems shows Blago leading Eisendrath 53% to 13%.  The suprise comes in the anemic number posted by Blago.  Here you have an incumbent Democratic governor in arguably the most reliably Democratic county of the state.  He has the full support of the party apparatus and the pledged support of its leaders, and he can only muster 53% of the vote.  If I was Blago's campaign manager, I'd have to have my underwear changed after seeing numbers like that.
  Not good for the incumbent governor.
  As far as the campaigns are concerned, I agree with Muon2, that nobody has really broken out yet.  All have run pretty laxidaisical ho-hum campaigns to date.

Ill Ind
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »

A big shocker of a poll recently released of Cook County Dems shows Blago leading Eisendrath 53% to 13%.  The suprise comes in the anemic number posted by Blago.  Here you have an incumbent Democratic governor in arguably the most reliably Democratic county of the state.  He has the full support of the party apparatus and the pledged support of its leaders, and he can only muster 53% of the vote.  If I was Blago's campaign manager, I'd have to have my underwear changed after seeing numbers like that.
  Not good for the incumbent governor.
  As far as the campaigns are concerned, I agree with Muon2, that nobody has really broken out yet.  All have run pretty laxidaisical ho-hum campaigns to date.

Ill Ind

Interesting and all, but the key words here are "Cook County Dems."  The West Virginia GOP had a poll showing nearly Byrd losing a while back.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies