Comprehensive Energy Bill for the 21st Century (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:58:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Comprehensive Energy Bill for the 21st Century (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Comprehensive Energy Bill for the 21st Century  (Read 2993 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 26, 2006, 08:40:26 AM »

I strongly support this legislation, and urge that the Senate pass it.

Before going out and voting, someone should look up the Kennedy Energy plan, which Senator nation introduced.  I wrote it and I remember having provisions similar to what's here.  Everyone want to look that up and make sure that this changes things in the way you want.

One trouble we have as time goes on is that as the status quo here deviates from the status quo irl, it gets harder and harder to conceptualize problems and more and more complicated to solve problems, so everyone be sure to check that old bill out.

Interesting -could you perhaps provide a link to that bill you are referring to? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:08:27 PM »

how much revenue will these tax breaks cost the government every year?
That is why i voted against it.

It would have been nice if you had aired your concerns when the bill was opened for discussion instead of keeping your mouth shut, and then later voting against it.  Being a real-life member of the Green Party, one would have thought you would have been a natural supporter of the bill.   Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 02:28:34 PM »

how much revenue will these tax breaks cost the government every year?
That is why i voted against it.

It would have been nice if you had aired your concerns when the bill was opened for discussion instead of keeping your mouth shut, and then later voting against it.  Being a real-life member of the Green Party, one would have thought you would have been a natural supporter of the bill.   Tongue
Yet another tax break for big bussines disguised as an environmental bill.

You could have proposed an amendment or an alternative bill if you were so unhappy with it. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What is the matter with you?  Nothing is inevitable in politics -this bill barely passed as it is.  The least you could have done, as I have said above, was to propose something to improve the bill, instead of keeping your mouth shut when it was opened for discussion, and then later throwing a tantrum about it after the fact. 

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So why is it that you joined the Green Party if you really don't give a damn about the environment or renewable energy -its namesake?  You're not much of a Green. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »

So why is it that you joined the Green Party if you really don't give a damn about the environment or renewable energy -its namesake?  You're not much of a Green. 

What makes you say that she doesn't care about the environment?

Read her posts, especially the one just above this. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies