Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:02:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC!  (Read 12253 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: May 19, 2004, 07:40:23 AM »

Kerry trials Bush by seven points with Nader garnering 3% and 8% remaining undecided but with Edwards added as Kerry’s VP the Democratic ticket comes into a statistical dead heat with Bush/Cheney at 46% and Kerry/Edwards at 45%.

http://www.wral.com/news/3319278/detail.html

Another interesting point, the Kerry Campaign has apparently been investigating ad buying in NC.  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 08:15:42 AM »

Mason-Dixon is a quality firm an' all...
Reason no #48512 to pick Edwards...

Ditto... I when i saw the "NC POLL" thread originally... i though it'll be some crappy firm but when i saw it was MD.... YEEESSS!

He's really the only choice!.. and compensates so much for Kerry Wink  
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 12:19:26 PM »

1976? Thought so.
He has no chance!
It'd be landslide territory before NC falls.

Nearly stayed Dem in 1980, nearly went Dem in 1992 and 1996.

Agreed... Mason-Dixon as I think I said are a good firm... this is good news in the end I really don't know who it would go to, but I think that Bush would pull through by a point or two, but it really depends.    

North Carolina is not Alabama then again nor is it a traditional swing state like… say, Ohio. But that said with Edwards on the ticket and with polls in the state showing Edwards (thanks to the media’s love affair with the guy… its great!:D ) he is the most popular Democrat in the State. I think that thanks largely to that and high unemployment in NC in Textiles etc… the state could be close but only with Edwards on the ticket. But it is in the Midwest, the “Steel States” and with moderates and independents across the country that Edwards real potential as a running mate lies .          
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 12:27:22 PM »

Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller

?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 03:50:11 AM »

Miller is a moderate? He's so far right wing and it's not even funny. Besides we'll cancel out Miller with another popular southern Dem geezer, Jimmy Carter.

Oh yeah, Miller is such a radical.  That's why the ACU only gave him a 47 rating in 2002.

In 2003 it was 75.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 05:54:14 PM »

Much Like “Red” I must ak the question who the hell outside of Georgia save Political junkies and enraged democrats knows who Zell is?

He may well “barnstorm the south” but he’s hardly electrifying to listen to and what will be the good of his little trip if no one knows who he is? I would seem to me that he will have a negligible effect on the eventual result, if Bush wins NC (and he should do even if he loses) then Bush will be the one who won it not a Georgian Democrat who few have heard of outside of GA, conversely at the same time if the Democrats win NC it will be largely down to Edwards and unemployment.    
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies