Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:04:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Polls
  Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mason-Dixon: Kerry/Edwards could win NC!  (Read 12266 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: May 19, 2004, 12:24:27 PM »

Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:27:52 PM »

Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller, Zell Miller

Zell Miller and nearly 150 other Southern Democrats have already signed on pledging that they will campaign for Bush.  Miller said that he is going to barn storm all accross the south for Bush.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 07:37:24 PM »

The only people who like him are Republicans and other "Democrats" who are just registered Democrats but really Republicans and probably would vote for Bush anyway.

And the south is full of, what?  Miller is a moderate.  He'll campaign for Bush down there to get the base fired up and win over some other moderates.  Miller is VERY, VERY popular down there.  If Miller goes around in North Carolina, Northern Florida, Luisiana, Georgia, Virginia, Tennessee and West Virgina, then Bush won't have to spend much time at all, if any in those states.  That's time and effort (and money) that Bush can spend in other states.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 10:54:54 PM »

Miller is a moderate? He's so far right wing and it's not even funny. Besides we'll cancel out Miller with another popular southern Dem geezer, Jimmy Carter.

Oh yeah, Miller is such a radical.  That's why the ACU only gave him a 47 rating in 2002.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 01:35:57 PM »

If this polls is accurate, and I'm not saying it is, then it could be possible that the hard times for textile mills may be having an effect in North Carolina.  I personaly don't believe that this will hold:

1) I give Edwards only a 20% chance of getting the nod.

2) Bush will fight his ass off to win here if he has to.  Zell Miller will plant himself here and barn storm from town to town for Bush if Bush looks weak here, but solid in the rest of the south.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 06:00:03 PM »

Much Like “Red” I must ak the question who the hell outside of Georgia save Political junkies and enraged democrats knows who Zell is?

Miller has been on a lot of national TV shows since he wrote his book.  I think that you underestimate his popularity and name recongination.

Also, he has a lot of southern charisma.  He can connect well with the average southern voter and he is generally well liked in the African American community.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies