Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:33:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln  (Read 6243 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: January 30, 2006, 07:53:27 AM »

Nobody knows anything about him other than that he is half-black and doesn't rub non-black people the wrong way on a superficial basis the way most other prominent black politicians do.

What, you're blaming black people for white's racism now?

Of course Obama will never be president in the US, nor will any other black person - the US is far too racist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »

'Ready'?  You expect him to become white, given enough time?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 07:26:26 PM »

He isn't going to get any less black no matter how long you wait.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 07:49:39 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2006, 11:54:44 AM by opebo »

Obviously Obama would lose big due to racism, but the interesting thing for me is the increase in the margin of victory for the Republican in the more racist states:
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 05:25:08 PM »

Obviously Obama would lose big due to racism, but the interesting thing for me is the increase in the margin of victory for the Republican in the more racist states:

You forgot to shade Georgia.

I know.. I had some trouble deciding about that one.. but it does have a rather high percentage of blacks.  I actually think both Georgia and Florida could easily go over 60% anti-black.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 06:34:52 PM »

You have to remember that a black on the Republican side could lead to a 3rd party "white" ticket that could take a large share in the South.

Well, it could but they just might tolerate an uncle tom as VP, given that Allen is in very good health.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:40:12 PM »

I would hardly classify Condi Rice as an "Uncle Tom," not even as an "Aunt Thomasina."

Rice is fully qualified and capable of holding high public office, and of doing very well indeed in those offices.

Your statement about an "Uncle Tom" is outmoded, and, in fact, is an insult to intelligent African Americans across the country.  Your statement perpetuates the myth that African Americans resent successful, Republican, African Americans.  The only African Americans who still hold to this "Uncle Tom" theory are ultra liberals who find nothing good about successful non ultra liberal Democrats anyway.   

I doubt that is an accurate protrayal of most blacks, and anyway 'success' is by definition being an uncle tom, given that power lies in the hands of the white master.

But what I was referring to was that the whites would tolerate Rice as a V.P. candidate, because even though they hate a black, and would prefer a white, at least she is a toadying, sycophantic black - the kind they like.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 08:01:10 AM »

I would hardly classify Condi Rice as an "Uncle Tom," not even as an "Aunt Thomasina."

Conversation of 9th graders in my class a month ago:

black girl: George Bush is a racist
white boy: George Bush can't be racist, he hired Condoleeza Rice didn't he?
black girl: Condoleeza Rice is an oreo
white boy: you're an oreo
me: uhm, okay, why don't we move on to vocabulary

there are much better days than this, though

That's hilarious.  Not only was that white boy stupid, he was so stupid he didn't keep his mouth shut about it.  Do they ever break out in racial epithets?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
« Edited: February 02, 2006, 07:18:46 PM by opebo »

Oh yes, very.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

'Success' is a reward provided by those with power to those without for doing something the powerful want.

No, Mr. Belafonte is much closer to reality than you, Winfield.  Of course the 'WHITE MASTER'!  What colour do you think the owners are?

You are underestimating racism, Winthrop, as most Republican apologists are wont to do.  The majority of white americans hate a black, and no doubt many black americans hate a white (though of course they have good reason).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies