Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Allen/Rice v Obama/Lincoln  (Read 6252 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: January 29, 2006, 10:19:07 PM »

Republicans nominate George Allen (VA) President/Condi Rice (CA) VP

Democrats nominate Barack Obama (IL) President/Blanch Lincoln (AR) VP

Discussion?
Results?
Maps?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »

I would hardly classify Condi Rice as an "Uncle Tom," not even as an "Aunt Thomasina."

Rice is fully qualified and capable of holding high public office, and of doing very well indeed in those offices.

Your statement about an "Uncle Tom" is outmoded, and, in fact, is an insult to intelligent African Americans across the country.  Your statement perpetuates the myth that African Americans resent successful, Republican, African Americans.  The only African Americans who still hold to this "Uncle Tom" theory are ultra liberals who find nothing good about successful non ultra liberal Democrats anyway.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 10:41:48 AM »

I would hardly classify Condi Rice as an "Uncle Tom," not even as an "Aunt Thomasina."

Rice is fully qualified and capable of holding high public office, and of doing very well indeed in those offices.

Your statement about an "Uncle Tom" is outmoded, and, in fact, is an insult to intelligent African Americans across the country.  Your statement perpetuates the myth that African Americans resent successful, Republican, African Americans.  The only African Americans who still hold to this "Uncle Tom" theory are ultra liberals who find nothing good about successful non ultra liberal Democrats anyway.   

I doubt that is an accurate protrayal of most blacks, and anyway 'success' is by definition being an uncle tom, given that power lies in the hands of the white master.

But what I was referring to was that the whites would tolerate Rice as a V.P. candidate, because even though they hate a black, and would prefer a white, at least she is a toadying, sycophantic black - the kind they like.

Please, you can't be serious.

"Success is by definition being an UNCLE TOM?"
So by your definitioin, every successful black person is an Uncle Tom?
I presume you mean by that that every successful black person who is a Republican is an Uncle Tom. 
Edward Brooke, J C Watts, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Michael Steele, Lynn Swann.  Uncle Toms?  I think not.  These are successful black Republicans who have made a valuable contribution to America and to the world, and will continue to make valuable contributions to society.  Anyone who does not recognize this, or who refuses to recognize this because of some narrow view on race, whether they are black or white, has been missing out on some very real and worthwhile events that have been unfolding around them.     

"Power lies in the hands of the WHITE MASTER?"
"WHITE MASTER?"  Are you kidding me? 
I didn't think anyone used that term anymore, except maybe for Harry Belafonte, who is clearly completely removed from reality.

"Even though they hate a black?"  Come on now.
Reasonable white people do not hate blacks.
Reasonable black people do not hate whites.
Most Republicans are reasonable people.
Most Democrats are reasonable people.
Any thinking person can recognize worthwhile qualities in an individual, whether black or white, whether Republican or Democrat.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 06:25:46 PM »

Thank you opebo, you made my day.

I was practically rolling over with laughter reading your latest comments.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies