How do we handle the General Election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  How do we handle the General Election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do we handle the General Election?  (Read 15163 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: January 09, 2004, 11:10:44 PM »

I would say have a regular simulated EC, the results of which would match those of the popular vote, but try to do our best guess to determine who should win each state after the results are in.

Well, I can already determine that the Republicans will win every state in the south, and the Democrats will win all the New England states. That's kinda unfair to both parties.

Not necessarily. Isn't Harry from MS, or am I mistaken? And NHpolitico is from NH, he is the only guy from that state I've seen. A've also seen a Connecticut Rep , and no Dem from that state.

Yes I am from Mississippi
Realistically a Democrat would have a very tough time winning Mississippi, even if the presidential nominee was from here.
However, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Tennessee are all states in the South that a Southern Democrat could put into play.  So if we do an electoral college by state, I would put AR, LA, and TN as big tossups and and MS as a tossup, but GOP-leaning.
Kentucky, Georgia, and Florida are also states that a Southerner could carry, but with a lesser chance of success.  Remember, though, Clinton carried all 3 of these.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 12:26:56 PM »

We could do the way I proposed in another post.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies