Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 03:52:57 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  ILP Convention
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: ILP Convention  (Read 2576 times)
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 02:54:34 am »
Ignore

How amusing.

First of all, free trade is the only plank outside of the Foreign Policy section that says anything about internationalism at all. In other words, three planks total relating to internationalism. So, was the party founded on internationalism at all? One would think it would have, you know, a strong presence in the platform if this were the case. Hell, there's almost as much about criminal sentencing in the platform as there is about internationalism, but you're not claiming that the party was founded with a major concern for criminal rights, are you?

Your running mate was a co-founder of the party, yes, and promptly left it for the CUP after using his membership as a reason to PM liberal residents of the Pacific to get them to vote for him for Senate. That sort of thing isn't really looked upon highly around these parts. He only rejoined the party after he became involved in your Presidential campaign. I wasn't really planning on bringing this up, but pretending that he is somehow extremely in tune with the party because he co-founded it nearly a year ago (when his ideology was very different, I should add - you are aware that he ran for Vice President on a ticket with Lewis Trondheim, yes?) is laughable.

And yes, you did say that the party was founded on internationalism, when you stated "these were the principles they founded the party on: Internationalism and pragmatism." I'm not pretending you didn't say the party was founded on anything else, so don't claim that I did.

Now, I have to say that I find it remarkable that this has turned into a lengthy argument about essentially nothing simply because you disagreed with what was one of, if not the, shortest paragraphs in my convention speech.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 02:58:18 am by Porce »Logged

A tidal wave of healthcare has swept across coal country. 
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 03:05:06 am »
Ignore

True Democrat was looking for a new Party because the PCP, the party he had been in, was not going anywhere.  The ILP was the closest to his ideology.  But more important than that, if you're going to sign the Clean Campaign Pledge, don't go and attack my Vice Presidential candidate the very next night.  If you don't want to do a Clean Campaign, don't sign the pledge in the first place.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 03:12:11 am »
Ignore

How is that attacking? None of what I stated is untrue, nor was it personal, only based on events that have happened before everyone's eyes. You and I both know that, because when True Democrat ran for Senate in June as an Independent Liberal, the incident I was referring to, you voted for his opponent, FuturePrez. So, yes, he did co-found the ILP, but he also had a different ideology when he did it; enough of a different ideology for you to vote against him. We know the ideology change occurred after he lost, because he switched to the CUP and you then appointed him when FuturePrez was expelled. Has he changed his ideology back to the old now that he's a member of the ILP again? Obviously not, as he's running on a ticket with you. I don't really mind why or when True Democrat rejoined the party, but your implication that he has some special status as co-founder of the party is just silly.

I don't really see what's wrong with the PCP, either, but that's another matter.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:30:52 am by Porce »Logged

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 08:53:07 am »
Ignore

Allow me to address your convention:

Hawks Address to the Independent Liberal Party Convention

It is, indeed, both and honour and a privilege to address your convention. First of all, may I take this opportunity to thank the Independent Liberal Party for endorsing my candidacy in the District 4 Senate election of December last year. As you will be aware, Im not as yet serving in the Senate since Demi-Senator Bono and I agreed that he would serve in the Eleventh Senate, while I would serve in the Twelfth Senate. In my campaign, I stressed that I would work with all Senators, irrespective of party affiliation and ideological inclination in areas of common interest, which is why I wish to address you

It is come to my attention, as someone who is, essentially, economically left-of-center that my own views, and those of the Christian Democratic Party, have much in common with your party. Therefore, I hope to work with any Independent Liberal Senators to pursue such common interests; however, it is on social issues that I suspect that I have rather less in common with you. No one could ever describe me as being a fully-fledged social liberal. On some issues, like the death penalty, I lean left; while on others, like abortion, I lean to the right. That said, Im of the conviction that social or so-called hot-button issues are matters that should be primary determined at the regional (or state) level rather than in the Senate. I do want to address you concerning defense and foreign policy, however

Given some of your liberal or non-interventionist sentiments on foreign policy, I would like to address this. Liberalism is every bit as compatible as realism or neo-conservatism in taking a robust and interventionist approach in our international relations. Liberalism is by definition an emancipatory and empowering ideology; thus, liberals ought to embrace spreading the democracy and the freedom, we often take for granted, to oppressed peoples throughout the world. Dont ever lose sight of the role such great presidents as Frankin Delano Roosevelt and Harry S Truman both liberals played in the defeat of fascism and Nazism but there remains, to this day, still so much to be done.

More recently, in the 1990s, our armed forces have been deployed to positive effect in places, like Bosnia and Rwanda, averting further atrocities and help stabilising regions where ethnic tensions had imploded. As recently, as July 2004, when John Ford was Secretary of State for Defense, he deployed a large military force in the Darfur region of Sudan, which compelled the Sudanese government to accept an African Union peacekeeping force. It was an action, on the part of Atlasia, that averted further genocide

Although communism has by-and-large collapsed, the free world faces another global threat, that of Islamic terrorists, who will stop at nothing to undermine the Western values of liberal democracy and civil society that we have come to cherish. We suffered on 9/11 and its a suffering we must never endure again on our own soil. The values al-Qaeda despise and that we cherish must be defended at home and abroad

Atlasians, whatever their ideological persuasions, must unite in the face of the most heinous of enemies. The ideals of liberal democracy, freedom and human rights must be rigorously pursued the world over through diplomacy, economic sanctions and aid; and, where necessary, military action with Atlasia, and her allies, at the helm. The United Nations must be encouraged to become the great international body that it was intended to be. Global threats require global solutions and we must lead the way

Once again I thank you, for youre past support and, for allowing me to address your convention

Dave 'Hawk'

Moderate Liberal Populist Smiley [Personal 45%/Economic 42%] / Defense 'Hawk'

Registered in Georgia for Fantasy Politics
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2006, 09:46:36 am »
Ignore

Endorsement Vote Results
(Note: Despite the withdrawal of certain candidates, votes were counted as presented and no amendment was made to the results to reflect these withdrawals.)

Senate
Mideast: Emsworth
Midwest: Yates
Northeast: No endorsement
Pacific: Jesus
Southeast: Brandon H

Southeast Regionals
Governor: Cosmo Kramer
Lt. Governor: Brandon W

On behalf of myself and the ILP, I wish all the endorsed candidates the best of luck in their upcoming elections.

The full detailed count in each race may be viewed here.

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2006, 09:52:33 am »
Ignore

Presidential Endorsement Vote

Voting is now open. The candidate list, as taken form the SoFA's office is as follows:
ilikeverin/PBrunsel
John Ford/True Democrat
Ebowed/Q

As normal, candidates should feel free to address the convention. Delegates are encouraged to express their opinions also. Voting shall end in 72 hours time.

The voting booth can be accessed from here.

Funny 'cause it's true:

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 12:34:57 pm »
Ignore

I thank the ILP for their endorsement.

A Republican - at least for a little while
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2006, 12:41:35 pm »
Ignore

How is that attacking? None of what I stated is untrue, nor was it personal, only based on events that have happened before everyone's eyes. You and I both know that, because when True Democrat ran for Senate in June as an Independent Liberal, the incident I was referring to, you voted for his opponent, FuturePrez. So, yes, he did co-found the ILP, but he also had a different ideology when he did it; enough of a different ideology for you to vote against him. We know the ideology change occurred after he lost, because he switched to the CUP and you then appointed him when FuturePrez was expelled. Has he changed his ideology back to the old now that he's a member of the ILP again? Obviously not, as he's running on a ticket with you. I don't really mind why or when True Democrat rejoined the party, but your implication that he has some special status as co-founder of the party is just silly.

I don't really see what's wrong with the PCP, either, but that's another matter.

The issue with the PCP had to do with the fact that it has only two members.

I voted for FuturePrez because I felt he was closer to my ideology.

I picked TrueDem as Lt. Governor running mate precisely because he was not my ideology, it was an issue of doing outreach to voters who were different from me.

The unfair attack part is when you implicated that he'd joined the party for political gain in the campaign. You have no evidence of that, so don't go around trying to put the idea in people's heads.

Shut you hole... Conservatism is dead. I hope I get to see your head paraded on a pike with it.
Yates
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2006, 04:02:19 pm »
Ignore

I am honored to have received the endorsement of the Independent Liberal Party.

Former Vice President of Atlasia
Author, America: 2000-2016 http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=50575.360
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2006, 05:02:44 pm »
Ignore

I thank the ILP for it's gracious endorsement of my candidacy.
True Democrat
true democrat
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2006, 07:28:28 pm »
Ignore

I'm really sorry, but I can't give a convention speech.  With missing school Friday and today because of the storm, I really need to catch up on my work.  If I get time during the week, I'll try to give a speech, but honestly, school work comes first.  Once again, I am sorry to the ILP.

Michael Bloomberg for President.

Lol Winfield.  This quote is from a thread entitled "what do the following proceed to do if they are not nominated?"
Romney - President of Harvard
Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2006, 09:41:03 am »
Ignore

Presidential Endorsement Vote
Members are reminded that voting is ongoing and that almost 48 hours remain.

Any Other Business
Party members should feel free to raise any other business which they feel ought to be discussed before convention closes. Delegates should do so either by posting the issues they would like discussed here by this time Thursday. If no other business is raised, the convention shall close on announcement of our presidential endorsement.

Funny 'cause it's true:

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2006, 09:57:24 am »
Ignore

Presidential Endorsement Vote Result
I hereby announce that the Ebowed/Q ticket is officially endorsed by the ILP. On behalf of myself and the party, I wish Ebowed and Q the best of luck this weekend.

Funny 'cause it's true:

Ebowed
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2006, 03:19:00 pm »
Ignore

On behalf of Q and myself, I thank the ILP for its endorsement.

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2006, 09:07:02 am »
Ignore

In the absence of any other business, I declare this ILP convention closed.
*bangs gavel*

Funny 'cause it's true:

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout