Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 09:18:25 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Most underrated Senator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Most underrated Senator  (Read 1821 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:16 pm »
Ignore

Byron Dorgan is one of the best.

E: -3.25
S: -2.72

On the GOP side, for 2016, look out for Gov. Phill Kline (KS), Gov. Ralph Reed (GA), Gov. JD Hayworth (AZ), Sen. David Vitter (LA), among others.
sethm0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 10:47:34 pm »
Ignore

Another vote for Jack Reed. Humble, hard working, and by far the most credible voice among congressional Democratc on on national security.

socaldem
skolodji
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 04:01:18 am »
Ignore

I have to agree about the wonderful, wonderful North Dakota delegation. 

I think Colorado's junior senator Ken Salazar is great, though he's not necessary underrated except when compared to fellow freshman Obama.

I'm going to go out on a crazy limb here, though, and suggest that crazy right-wingers Sam Brownback and Tom Coburn are underrated by the left.

Why?  Yes, they're wingnuts, but each stands up for his principles in contrast to the general corporate whoredom of the unthinking Bush-supporting Zombies that populate the more conservative ranks of GOPers...

Brownback, imho, deserves kudos for his willingness to stand up for humanitarianism, particularly as it applies to helping developing countries, as shown by his leadership on the Darfur issue.  I think he also tends to definitely shy away from the veiled racism that is popular in some gop circles and appreciate his stance in support of immigrant rights... I think his stance on social issues is impractical to say the least...

Coburn, meanwhile, deserves credit for being a pain in the rump of the GOP majority and of Ted Stevens in particular.  I disagree with him on his opposition to big government when the largesse is used to help the less fortunate, but when the GOP is in charge, the largesse goes to malevolent interests and his attacks on their governance, thus, makes him a sometimes ally of the good guys... (kinda like Ron Paul)

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.79
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 08:01:11 am »
Ignore

Coburn, Kyl, or Sessions.

“We can never be too tardy to begin the work of blood.”
“But it is a bad mode of settling disputes to make soldiers your ambassadors, and to point to the halter and the gallows as your ultimatum.”
-John Tyler, 10th President of the United States
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout