Troubling Images from the UK.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Troubling Images from the UK.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Troubling Images from the UK.  (Read 2038 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 04, 2006, 07:01:41 AM »

Just to show how wonderfully moderate and integrated the Muslim communities of Great Britain are…

…I’m sorry but does anyone else see this as simply unacceptable in any tolerant. liberal (with a small “l”) Democracy?

Boris Johnson a conservative MP came up with a fair appraisal…

“If you are a Muslim and your faith is strong and you believe in God and in your prophet then I don't think you should be remotely frightened of what some ludicrous infidel says or does about your religion or any depiction he produces.

I think we've got to move away from this hysterical and rather patronising idea that we have got to treat the Muslim religion with kid gloves and not subject it to all the same rough and tumble that we subject other faiths to.”

…there are plenty of law abiding Muslims in Britain and much of Europe, but this would seem to suggest that there is a significant section of the Muslim community that display not simply a mild distaste for western culture and values but an active hatred and desire to alter it… and I’m sorry but that simply can not be acceptable!   
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:12:38 AM »

Just the usual MAB lunatics, that's all. There were only about 50 or so people at that demonstration.
No more reflective of most Muslims than a group of BNP or SWP supporters would be of whites.

There were a lot more Muslims watching the Bradford Bulls crush some Aussie side in the Rugby League game the other day, than there were at this silly demonstration.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 08:31:52 AM »

Nope, I was wrong. The demonstrations were organised by Hizb-ut-Tahrir... a group of whackos way, way, way out on the lunatic fringe and who are about to get banned over here (they're already a banned organisation in a lot of other European countries).
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 10:12:31 AM »
« Edited: February 04, 2006, 10:18:29 AM by Governor Afleitch »

I was being asked by a friend in London if and where to join a counter demonstration. He's got a Danish flag and he's ready to wave it Smiley (rather than burn it and desecrate a Christian symbol but thats another matter overlooked by the Muslim Rent-A-Mob from HBT)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 02:46:45 PM »

Why is this suprising coming from the religion of "peace"? I'll buy a Koran and use it as toilet tissue to show my respect for Islam.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 03:36:07 PM »

bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 03:55:21 PM »

Why are all the posters in the same hand-writing? Who is making them all?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2006, 05:38:45 PM »

I'll buy a Koran and use it as toilet tissue to show my respect for Islam.

What will that achieve, exactly?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2006, 05:40:18 PM »

It will show all of those Muslims that America means business, which will make them respect and love America as they should.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »

I don't know but it sure would be hilarious.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2006, 05:48:01 PM »

We and organisations that represent our national interest need to stop treating Muslims with kid gloves. We need to stand firm and fair and say that we are not going to take this 'hissy fit' anymore.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »

About the same as if someone bought a bible and used it for toilet paper.  Lots and lots of paper cuts in a sensitive area.   Oh, and outrage from the religiously sensitive, and eye-rolling from the rest of us as to how bad a few lunatic losers can make the rest of us look.

We don't go around asking Christian communities to condemn the people who murder gays, and we tollerate preachers of hate like fred phelps, pat robertson, and randell terry.   Same difference really - the nutcases tend to get all the press, and the sensible get all but ignored.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 08:57:32 PM »

the nutcases tend to get all the press, and the sensible get all but ignored.

I'll second that.

I mean look at the attention Opebo gets on here Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 09:24:11 PM »

We and organisations that represent our national interest need to stop treating Muslims with kid gloves. We need to stand firm and fair and say that we are not going to take this 'hissy fit' anymore.

All the Muslims, or just the extremists?
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 10:21:31 PM »

Why is this suprising coming from the religion of "peace"? I'll buy a Koran and use it as toilet tissue to show my respect for Islam.

Ouch.  I sorry, but I think the Muslims would have the last laugh there, States Tongue

Yep, that always seems to be the way, unfortunately Sad  I guess sensible people just aren’t exciting enough for the press, eh?
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 10:34:18 PM »

Impractical. If you really want to desecrate a Koran, throw it in with the charcoal when you're barbecuing some  nice, juicy pork ribs.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 10:44:34 PM »

Impractical. If you really want to desecrate a Koran, throw it in with the charcoal when you're barbecuing some  nice, juicy pork ribs.

no, get your scantily clad de facto partner to wipe each page on pork, stamp on it and then wipe her bottom with it.

(Not that I suggest anyone does this, but it'd be more offensive)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 10:50:40 PM »

no, get your scantily clad de facto partner to wipe each page on pork, stamp on it and then wipe her bottom with it.

You scare me. 

That is a compliment.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2006, 05:55:40 AM »

All the Muslims, or just the extremists?

The problem is that some moderate Muslims hold views which we would still find extreme. They however choose not to use violence or threats of violence. 'Moderate' Muslims in the UK, many on my own university course can still be extremely anti-semetic and homophobic. Many hold similar views to say a fundamentalist Christian. I have been intimidated by them I, but they belong to or represent no group, just their own univeristy Muslim Association.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 06:39:53 AM »

You scare me. 

That is a compliment.

Howso, Saukerl?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »

I kind of warmed towards David Davis' call for "zero tolerance" towards those who were waving incitement to murder placards, etc. I couldn't agree more but then I remembered how his party with the exception of Sir Peter Tapsell voted against 90-days detention of terror suspects and then I went all cold on him

Personally, all of those waving such placards should have been summarily rounded up and held pending further investigations (be it 30 days Sad or less) due to their heinous intent as vested in such inflammatory language

The UK is a Christian nation and these Islamic fanatical nuts must respect that, just as I wouldn't intentionally disrespect the Prophet Mohammed

I'm not quite sure what's happening which plans that would make the glorification of terrorism a criminal offense but should it come before Parliament then I expect the Conservative MPs to support it and not prove themselves feckless as they did on 90-days. I don't really care about the third party and any Labour rebels can just rot for all I care

I'm sick and tired of Western Europe bending over backwards to accomodate Islamic minorities. OK, maybe we are somewhat secular nowadays but we remain nominally majority Christian. Successful integration requires assimilation and accomodation. I'm fed up of it being a one-way street

Meanwhile, I applaud moderate Muslim leaders in their denouncement of such a heinous spectacle

Dave
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »

Ouch.  I sorry, but I think the Muslims would have the last laugh there, States Tongue

Yep, that always seems to be the way, unfortunately Sad  I guess sensible people just aren’t exciting enough for the press, eh?

I'm sorry but if the sensible muslims really want to change Islam they need to go about doing more then just using words "condemning" such actions. Words are nice and very symbolic but the terrorists and the many muslim states are generally going to ignore such "condemnations". If the moderates really want a change in their religion and they want their people to get out of the 12th century they need to stand up for their belief and take physical action against violent muslims and violent islamic nations. If not, then the words are as good as wasted.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies