Which religion....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:33:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Which religion....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: is the true religion of peace?
Islam

Christianity

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Which religion....  (Read 4414 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2006, 06:10:52 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2006, 06:22:18 PM by jmfcst »

Tell me, do you believe in the Trinity?

Please define Trinity so that I have a basis from which to compare my belief.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »

But if by 'Christian' you mean 'Dispensationalists' and by 'Muslim' you mean 'Bahai'ists' then Islam gets the edge.

Calling a Baha'i a Muslim is equivalent to calling a Mormon a Christian. It barely fits, given the differences in ideology.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 02:04:59 AM »
« Edited: February 09, 2006, 10:49:10 AM by jmfcst »

Luke 10:16 "He who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (words of Jesus Christ)

What does acceptance of the Trinity doctrine have to do with Jesus' statement that "He who rejects me rejects him who sent me"?

Did not God the Father send Jesus?  So, isn't "him who sent me" a reference to God the Father?  So, isn't Jesus clearly saying that anyone who rejects Jesus is rejecting God the Father because it was God the Father who sent Jesus?

Didn't Jesus say the exact same thing in John 14:6? - "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

And doesn't that dovetail with other parts of the New Testament?:

1John 2:23 "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

John 14:8-9 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."  Jesus answered: "Do you not know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

So why are you so shocked in me saying that a person can not worship God without accepting Jesus Christ?  Regardless whether you believe the Godhead is one, three, seven, or fifty...Jesus is still the only path to God.   

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2006, 08:04:58 AM »

Luke 10:16 "He who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (words of Jesus Christ)

What does acceptance of the Trinity doctrine have to do with Jesus' statement that "He who rejects me rejects him who sent me"?

Did not God the Father send Jesus?  So, isn't "him who sent me" a reference to God the Father?  So, isn't Jesus clearly saying that anyone who rejects Jesus is rejecting God the Father because it was God the Father who sent Jesus?

Didn't Jesus say the exact same thing in John 14:6? - "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

And doesn't that dovetail with other parts of the New Testament?:

1John 2:23 "No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also."

John 14:8-9 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."  Jesus answered: "Do you not know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

So why are you so shocked in me saying that a person can not worship God without accepting Jesus Christ?  Regardless whether you believe the Godhead is one, three, or fifty...Jesus is still the only path to God.   

Yes.. the people peddling your cult.. wrote ads for your cult.  Why would that convince any thinking person?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »

Yes.. the people peddling your cult.. wrote ads for your cult.  Why would that convince any thinking person?

Opebo, one thing I can say for you is that even though you don’t believe the bible, you accept the intent of what was written – i.e. you don’t try to dilute the meaning of scripture…e.g. you recognize that the bible’s opinion is that Jesus is the one and only path to salvation.

Funny thing about denominations: the more loyal a Christian is to their denomination, the more they smudge the meaning of scripture in order to protect their denominational beliefs. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies