WY-Gov: Freudenthal in good shape.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:21:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WY-Gov: Freudenthal in good shape.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WY-Gov: Freudenthal in good shape.  (Read 4212 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:00:58 AM »

Mason Dixon:

WYOMING GOVERNOR
Dave Freudenthal (D) 55%
Ray Hunkins (R) 17%
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:10:18 AM »

Sealed, as expected.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:19:13 AM »

I think the bigger question is what will he do after his term.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »

Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »

That's kind of funny to see the Republican candidate with the same percentage as the Democratic candidate in the Senate race for Wyoming.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:36:17 PM »

Freudenthal's only issue here is the ceiling for Democrats in Wyoming - something that isn't exactly frequently tested, but should be interesting to see come election time.

This will also be an interesting look at how willing some of the more solidly Republican parts of Wyoming are to vote for a Democrat.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »

sell insurance?

is this fellow a slly populist?  im wary of most democrats from republican states
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 04:22:12 PM »

sell insurance?

is this fellow a slly populist?  im wary of most democrats from republican states

Lord.

Freudenthal, as a Governor, doesn't have to publicise his positions all that much.  I think he's moderate on nearly everything with a bit of a libertarian lean.  I know he's pro-choice.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »

sell insurance?

Does every ex-politician sell insurance?  I'm getting that sense.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 04:36:37 PM »

sell insurance?

if he has a law degree, he may well be doing divorce cases and personal bankruptcies  in cheyenne in 5 years.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 07:47:13 PM »

sell insurance?

if he has a law degree, he may well be doing divorce cases and personal bankruptcies  in cheyenne in 5 years.

Considering he is from Thermopolis, I doubt that.

Besides, what he has done for Wyoming's economy has put him in a good position to do whatever he likes.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »

I wonder if Freudenthal will break 70%?
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 07:29:03 PM »

Well, hopefuly some of Freudenthal's appointees will succeed him some day.  I also am keen to see his coattails carry Democrat Kathy Emmons into the state superintendant of public instruction position.  If there's any statewide office dems seem able to tak ein the bedrock GOP mountain states like WY and ID, its the education job. 

BTW, though Cubin has a majority of voters saying they'll support her reelection, I don't expect her to get more than 55%, particularly since her opponent Gary Trauner seems to be working hard campaigning and raising money, but since he's from Teton County (Jackson Hole) he doesn't realy have a chance statewide.  Some day, I expect her to be upset by a Democrat since she's so gaffe-prone...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »

I wonder if Freudenthal will break 70%?

I doubt that is possible in Wyoming, I'm afraid.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2006, 02:59:09 AM »

BTW, though Cubin has a majority of voters saying they'll support her reelection, I don't expect her to get more than 55%, particularly since her opponent Gary Trauner seems to be working hard campaigning and raising money, but since he's from Teton County (Jackson Hole) he doesn't realy have a chance statewide.  Some day, I expect her to be upset by a Democrat since she's so gaffe-prone...

Is there a bias against politicians from Teton County? How widespread is it in WY ? Dick Cheney lived there (its where he voted on 11/7/00) so they aren't all liberals.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2006, 05:00:16 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2006, 04:36:19 PM by Alcon »

Is there a bias against politicians from Teton County? How widespread is it in WY ? Dick Cheney lived there (its where he voted on 11/7/00) so they aren't all liberals.

I don't know why there would be.  Jackson County was only a Democratic stronghold in 2004 - it tracked pretty similar to Albany County beforehand.  I doubt there is animosity yet.  It's mostly service industry, although certainly it's not a working class area.

Heck, Kerry's best town in the state - Wilson in Teton County - is also one of the wealthiest towns in the state, if not the wealthiest.

And, yes, they obviously aren't all liberals.  As I've said before, and will say many times, if the partisan breakdown in a room is 6-4, do you even notice much of a political lean?  Probably not.  Since Kerry didn't even break 60% in Teton County, over 4-in-10 people you meet will be Republicans.  That's hardly a noticeable difference.
socaldem
skolodji

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2006, 03:06:07 AM »

I don't know why there would be.  Jackson County was only a Democratic stronghold in 2004 - it tracked pretty similar to Albany County beforehand.  I doubt there is animosity yet.  It's mostly service industry, although certainly it's not a working class area.

Heck, Kerry's best town in the state - Wilson in Teton County - is also one of the wealthiest towns in the state, if not the wealthiest.

And, yes, they obviously aren't all liberals.  As I've said before, and will say many times, if the partisan breakdown in a room is 6-4, do you even notice much of a political lean?  Probably not.  Since Kerry didn't even break 60% in Teton County, over 4-in-10 people you meet will be Republicans.  That's hardly a noticeable difference.

I don't know where I saw it, but I read an article somewhere that suggested Democrats from Teton County would have a particularly hard time winning statewide. 

In any case, I would suppose that Teton County: Wyoming as Boulder County: Colorado.  A resort area filled with snowboarder types and urban exiles isn't exactly typical of the state.  Though Teton is not particualrly liberal, in comparison to the rest of the state, it certainly is an aberration....

Of course, a GOPer wouldn't run into these problems and might actually benefit by being from a region where the party otherwise underperforms...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies