Why phony "centrism" is bad for the Democratic party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:12:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why phony "centrism" is bad for the Democratic party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why phony "centrism" is bad for the Democratic party  (Read 13525 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 07, 2006, 06:54:12 PM »

Well done, JFern.  I give you credit on this one.  As far as phony centrism, the proper solution is to redefine what the Democratic party is.  Get rid of the "big tent" concept and establish what your core views are, and make sure your politicians match those views.  This will, of course, shock the party initially, but it will shake out all the true centrists and moderates out of the Democratic party, leaving it with it's liberal core. 

The cast-offs can finally form a true moderate party, and pull into it some of the centrist/moderate Republicans, providing a better representation of what America really is.  We could end up with the Republicans, Democrats, and the Populists, with the Constitution, Libertarian, Green, Reform, and other parties gaining more political recognition and strength with the reduction in the domination by the two existing parties.

Now THAT I would love to see.  Smiley

Agreed, MODU. Kiki

As do I.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 06:56:18 PM »

I really have to take a look at the times that either party moved to the edges, 1964 and 1972.  Not good models.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 05:17:34 PM »

Come on Frodo, surely you can intelligently debate this instead of calling me JFraud.

Frodo hasn't posted here, and no one has called you jfern.

Ah, I think you mean that everyone is calling him Jfern.

I also do agree that, overall, Dr. Dean was a moderate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies