PA-Gov: Dead Heat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  PA-Gov: Dead Heat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Gov: Dead Heat  (Read 9357 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: February 10, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »

Phil, we know you're here.  I don't know about the other hacks.

Tell us more, oh knowledgable one, about how Rendell will cruise into a second term. I'm able to admit when my hero is in trouble; you do the same with one of your's. For the first time we will see an incumbent Governor of PA facing problems in his bid for re-election. Face it - Eddie isn't loved anymore!

I'll admit at this point this race is shaping up to be closer than I originally thought.  However, what will happen when Swann is seen to be more conservative than most people believe he is?   Not to mention even with this race shaping up at this point to be closer, Rendell still has ten times the chance to win than Swann does.  Not to mention the simple fact no one has won a statewide race in PA without covering the PPA suburbs.  And before you go off into your rant on how their is more to the state, quite simply no one has won the state without the Philly burbs & that is  something Rendell has locked down
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 02:25:04 AM »

If Swann wins, it is by no means too early to talk about him at the bottom of the ticket in 2008.

I'd say something about this, but after thinking about and considering George W. Bush's fast-track to the presidency, I won't.

Exactly.  I'm not even saying its good or bad to fast-track the guy, but if he wins, he will be fast tracked and end up on any GOP shortlist for VP.

I should point out that GW Bush was elected in Texas in 1994 and reelected in 1998.

With Bush that was 6 yers, not two.  not to mention the edge he has because of his father being a VP for 8 years & Pres for four years, something Swann doesn't have. I don't think Swann will win, but even if he does, being Govenor for two years is not nearly enough to make him on the short list for 08
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 12:45:11 AM »

In the Southeast, he's more than fine, hell he's still God.  People in the west are just jealous and I can't answer for that so they have to pick their sports hero to counter. 

This just proves that SE PA does not dictate what happens all the time. Your hero was never as popular as you believed and now people have someone to rally behind to end his time as Governor. We're talking about an incumbent Governor losing his bid for re-election in Pennsylvania...but keep thinking that everything is ok because SE PA loves him.

By the way, you love to mock westerners/Swann supporters because Swann is a sports hero yet a lot of people around here admire Rendell because he's an Eagles guy and can take a few pictures while eating a cheesesteak. This certainly doesn't go one way.

And before you go off into your rant on how their is more to the state, quite simply no one has won the state without the Philly burbs & that is  something Rendell has locked down

Before you spew your stupidity (too late, I guess) please inform me of the last time that western and central PA has gotten so excited over a challenger/disliked the incumbent so much. It's not as simple as your simple mind would like it to be.

That makes a dent, but still does not make up for the fact that NO ONE has EVER won the state without the Philly burbs (when I say burbs I mean within the last 50 years or so, not when most of SEPA was rural).  Its not the only part of the state, but electionwise it is VERY VERY important.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies