JFK Assassination
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 10:39:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  JFK Assassination
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JFK Assassination  (Read 6299 times)
JOEBIALEK
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »

Perhaps known as one of the greatest murder mysteries of all time, the assassination of President John F. Kennedy has for years intrigued scholars, authors and the average American citizen.    The assassination can be classified into two distinct categories: method and significance.   Few would argue that too much emphasis has been given to the method and very little to the significance.  This is exactly how the perpetrators would like it to be.   Photographic evidence along with eyewitness testimony has already conclusively proven that JFK was shot by more than one assassin.    The Mary Mormon photo clearly shows the profile of a shooter behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll.   It is obviously someone wearing a policeman's uniform {some speculate it was J.D. Tippit}.  This was the fatal head shot.   Two other bullets struck the President;  the first one entered at the base of the throat and the second struck him in the back.    While the positions of the assassins makes for a good game of clue,  the more important issue is the significance of the assassination.

Many have speculated that the former Soviet Union, Cuba, the KKK, the Mafia, LBJ, CIA and the FBI all had strong motives to attempt this.   However, given the connection of Lee Harvey Oswald to the CIA and Jack Ruby to the Mafia along with the altered autopsy reports, the evidence points to a coup de' dat by the CIA.    They did it because they believed JFK was taking the United States on the wrong path towards dealing with communism.    That is the reason why the cover-up has been sustained for so long.   The perpetrators honestly believed they were doing the right thing for the United States at the time.   The will of the people was discarded in favor of preserving the nation as they saw fit.   Unfortunately, they didn't realize the long term effects of the assassination.   One result was the increased power of capitalism over democracy.   Profit has become more important than freedom.     Corporations are more concerned with increasing the wealth of a select few than with promoting the general welfare of the very nation that allows them to conduct business.   A second result has been the subordination of this nation's civil liberties to the private agendas of the powers that be.   The only opinions that are accepted today are those that further the bottom line.   Contrary opinions are discouraged and distorted by spin doctors.   The only explanation for the lack of attention given to the significance of the assassination is because the government, the military and the media all know what happened and to expose the event for what it really was goes to the central core of what constitutes the United States of America.

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 06:52:33 PM »

Even if Oswald was the one who murdered Kennedy, his killing afterward obviously would point to the fact that he DID NOT act alone. Jack Ruby was well known to have mob ties.

An interesting bit of trivia, Richard Nixon was in Dallas the day JFK was shot, and he was also about thirty miles away from the Ambassador Hotel when RFK was killed. Now, I doubt Nixon had anything to do with it, it is an interesting side note.

I actually believe that LBJ was behind the whole thing. It just seems to make sense. Johnson was afraid of being replaced in 1964 with someone else, possibly Scoop Jackson or Humphrey, or Stu Symington. It gives Johnson motive, and we know his personality was not exactly a stable one. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but LBJ refused to allow his personal papers to be read or archived until after his death, an uncommon practice.

It still appears though, that like Jack the Ripper, no one will ever know what really happened.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

Why is this clown back?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:00:38 PM »

Well, as much as you don't like this poster, Phillip, this is an interesting topic for those that enjoy mysteries like this.

I love debate and speculation over the JFK assasination, and I liked the movie except for Kevin Costner, who has no talent.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 07:04:45 PM »

I actually have no problem with conspiracy theories that make sense (unlike the Iraq WMDs crap). This guy is still annoying, though, since he seems to be a communist with really whacked out ideas who makes long-winded arguments, and then posts them on message board after message board.

He does not participate in the conversation at all, but does come back and say something to the effect of "good points" ...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »

You fellows make good points.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »

Photographic evidence along with eyewitness testimony has already conclusively proven that JFK was shot by more than one assassin.

"Conclusively proven"?

I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of the post after reading something so utterly unfactual.
JOEBIALEK
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:07 AM »

good points...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:44:16 AM »

I still believe your points, because it was conclusively proven.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 02:47:12 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If you believe this, you believe that the "head shot" struck nothing, turned 90 degrees to the left, dropped about three feet, turned, and then shot up at a 45 degree angle.  Now that is a "magic bullet."  It's a guided missle.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 11:30:41 AM »

"one of the greatest murder mysteries of all time"? Hardly.
Now, Oswald's motivations, the reason for Ruby shooting Oswald, these are mysteries. Not the JFK murder.
If you want an actual great murder mystery, I suggest you trying finding out who killed Olof Palme.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 11:41:52 AM »

The only explanation for the lack of attention given to the significance of the assassination is because the government, the military and the media all know what happened and to expose the event for what it really was goes to the central core of what constitutes the United States of America.

You're speaking to the choir. 
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

Too bad oswald didn't get LBJ too.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »

Damn straight -the man was a freedom fighter. 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 11:50:41 AM »

1960 Presidential Election
1. Lee Harvey Oswald/KillerPollo
2. Richard Nixon/Henry Cabot Lodge
3. John "Badger Licker" Kennedy/Lyndon Johnson

Take that, John.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 11:51:05 AM »

Damn straight -the man was a freedom fighter. 
Yep. The Great society was a waste of money and I could care less what the southerners do to their blacks... THe South's race problems are NOT an issue that is relevant to the rest of the nation. How they handle race issues is NOT the concern of the rest of the nation.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 11:52:48 AM »

I wish George C. Wallace had won the presidency -he would have set this fu**ed up piece of sh**t of a 'nation' to rights.  He had it right on.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 11:54:23 AM »

I agree! Wallace winning would have caused a backlash against communitarian type ideas in general.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »

Comments as stupid as above are fitting for threads like these. 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2006, 05:06:28 PM »

I wish George C. Wallace had won the presidency -he would have set this fu**ed up piece of sh**t of a 'nation' to rights.  He had it right on.

Finally! You've seen the light!
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »

Everything in our government leaks like a sieve.  Does anybody honestly believe that a far-reaching conspiracy to kill a president would have successfully been kept secret for 42 years?  I don't.

That doesn't mean I agree with the Warren Commission report that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.  I think there was a conspiracy, probably involving organized crime, and that Oswald was selected because of his Cuban connection, in order to mislead the public and investigators.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 11:07:15 PM »

This guy is as bad as Global f****t
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: