Do you think having armed air marshals on planes is a good idea?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:54:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you think having armed air marshals on planes is a good idea?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you think having armed air marshals on planes is a good idea?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Do you think having armed air marshals on planes is a good idea?  (Read 1927 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 11:24:38 PM »

I'd like to hear the reasoning before I make fun of this response (but I reserve the right to make fun of the reasoning, once I've heard it).

The gun could get taken from the air marshal and be used.

As liberally loony as you are, please tell me this is NOT you're reason for voting no...

It is far more likely that an Air Marshall-pig would go crazy and shoot up the plane, or have an accident with his gun, than that any actual 'terrorism' would occur.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2006, 11:32:03 PM »

I'd like to hear the reasoning before I make fun of this response (but I reserve the right to make fun of the reasoning, once I've heard it).

The gun could get taken from the air marshal and be used.

As liberally loony as you are, please tell me this is NOT you're reason for voting no...

It is far more likely that an Air Marshall-pig would go crazy and shoot up the plane, or have an accident with his gun, than that any actual 'terrorism' would occur.

Ah yes, I forgot to read up on "odds of Air Marshal going on a crazy rampage Vs. Likeliness of insane/criminal/terrorist activity on board a plane"
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 11:35:10 PM »

Ah yes, I forgot to read up on "odds of Air Marshal going on a crazy rampage Vs. Likeliness of insane/criminal/terrorist activity on board a plane"

Or simply accidentally shooting off his gun.  The sort of people who go in to law enforcement are hazardous both because of personality disorders and general stupidity.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2006, 11:38:26 PM »

Or simply accidentally shooting off his gun.  The sort of people who go in to law enforcement are hazardous both because of personality disorders and general stupidity.

Guns have a SAFETY switch for this reason, and they wont be fiddling with the gun anyway... I'll also point out that all Air Marshall guns have reduced powder rounds to avoid exit wounds and/or damage to the plane hull...

If it came down to it, I'd choose to have an Air Marshall on board than to not have one
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2006, 11:38:41 PM »

If it speeds up the coffee service, definitely.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies