2/2006 50 Governors SUSA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:59:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2/2006 50 Governors SUSA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2/2006 50 Governors SUSA  (Read 5073 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: February 15, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »

Wow, Bob Taft actually went under 17%.

I wonder what the heck convinced those new people that Bob Taft sucks. Tongue

On more serious notes...

I see that Gregoire's approval is finally even with her disapproval.  It's about time.

Either Mississippi is a "1 in 20" error or the Katrina effect has wore off in a huge way.

Kathleen Blanco's approval rating is lower than it's ever been before.  I think it's safe to call Louisiana as a GOP pickup if she runs again.

Brad Henry is kicking some serious ass up there.  Any idea why he's improved his approval rating so dramatically over the last two polls that were taken?

Phil Bredesen is in the most bizarre situation that I have ever seen in my entire political experience: both Democrats and Republicans approve of him by comfortable margins, but Independents disapprove of him by an 11% margin.

I think that's all I can think of to comment on. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:33:17 AM »

- Why has Schweitzer fallen?  Sample fuzz?

If you look at the tracking, it's been going 65-68-65-68, and now 64.  I don't think any of this is particularly significant; they all look pretty well statistically equal.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »

In the top 25 net approval ratings, only 6 are from states Kerry won. In the bottom 25, 13 are. Of course a number of states Bush won have Democrat Governors, but I thought it was interesting.

Also interesting to note is that the Democrats are generally either towards the top or towards the bottom, with the Republicans more evenly spaced out and towards the middle (although it's also interesting to note that, in spite of this, five of the bottom six governors are all Republican).

- Why has Schweitzer fallen?  Sample fuzz?

If you look at the tracking, it's been going 65-68-65-68, and now 64.  I don't think any of this is particularly significant; they all look pretty well statistically equal.

There's far too many Governors close to eachother up there in the approvals.  We need a line of approval, so Bob Taft's patheticness can be truly appreciated.

Someone should actually plot each governor's approval and disapproval on the same chart.  I think that could be quite interesting, actually.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:05:19 AM »

It certainly makes an interesting map

Gregoire just might win re-election in 2008!

Not that it matters with Dean Logan around!! (just saving CARL HAYDEN the trouble of saying the same old thing)

Shouldn't Mississippi be red?  Barbour got less than 50% approval.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:09:40 AM »

Barbour's a Republican, and it's light blue for under 50%

Oh wait, for some reason I thought his approval and disapproval were tied.

Never mind, I now see that his net approval is +2%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies