PD vs. Nym90
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:03:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PD vs. Nym90
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: PD vs. Nym90  (Read 16964 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2004, 11:07:58 PM »

PD would do better that map is wrong. He would at least carry the south and the states of NE,KS,SD,ND,ID,UT,AZ,NV,OK and AK.  even John Kerry used the F-word do you think he would lose that bad.
PD
pd

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2004, 11:11:19 PM »

PD would do better that map is wrong. He would at least carry the south and the states of NE,KS,SD,ND,ID,UT,AZ,NV,OK and AK.  even John Kerry used the F-word do you think he would lose that bad.
Thank you.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2004, 11:11:22 PM »

AZ and NV are somewhat moderate and went with Clinton at least once.  They'd go Nym90 i think.  SD has 2 Dem senators and was somewhat close in 1996.
I think PD could win more ev's, if he campaigned in the same area the whole time.
He'd be a strong VP candidate though.
PD
pd

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2004, 11:13:17 PM »

AZ and NV are somewhat moderate and went with Clinton at least once.  They'd go Nym90 i think.  SD has 2 Dem senators and was somewhat close in 1996.
I think PD could win more ev's, if he campaigned in the same area the whole time.
I think I would win NV and AZ. I also have a lot of relatives there. You know, Phoenix. Scottsdale to be precise. I go there a lot, too. They're pretty conservative.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2004, 11:13:43 PM »

I think I would win NV and AZ. I also have a lot of relatives there. You know, Phoenix. Scottsdale to be precise. I go there a lot, too. They're pretty conservative.
Just a few relatives isn't enough to win.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2004, 11:14:52 PM »

My point was he wouldn't get blown out he would most likely carry all of the republican stronghold states.
PD
pd

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2004, 11:16:16 PM »

Just a few relatives isn't enough to win.
Ha. I'm not saying I would win because of my relatives. I know the atmosphere there. The only democratic region in AZ is right along the Mexican border. Keep in mind, Clinton was very persuasive. A lot of really conservative states voted for him that weren't expected to.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2004, 11:16:44 PM »

My point was he wouldn't get blown out he would most likely carry all of the republican stronghold states.
It would depend on his running mate, money, campaigning, and his opponent.
PD
pd

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2004, 11:17:11 PM »

I agree.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2004, 11:18:08 PM »

I agree.
PD, are you a good persuasive speaker?
PD
pd

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2004, 11:19:36 PM »

I agree.
PD, are you a good persuasive speaker?
I don't know. I have been told that I give powerful speeches, though.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2004, 11:24:25 PM »
« Edited: January 10, 2004, 11:25:46 PM by Harry »

Ok, here's your best-case scenario.
PD
pd

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2004, 11:28:50 PM »

I have to disagree. I'm sorry. But I think I would win over AZ, maybe NV, and OK, and possibly CO. Also, AR might go for me. CA could, but I think we need to give them a little time. I'm not going to argue about the rest of the South w/ you because I'm getting ready to watch a movie w/ my family in a minute.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2004, 11:31:35 PM »

California? One of the most liberal states in the country?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2004, 12:29:53 AM »

California? One of the most liberal states in the country?

Yea, I don't know about California.  But, since this is a fantasy election, that would make PD a senator, governor, or some other big name in the state which does give him a special edge with the voters there.  And after all, the first George Bush won California.  They've had their share of Republican governors too.  I actually would go so far to say that it is less liberal than New York and (in the real world) Bush would have a better shot at carrying Ca than he would N.Y.  But that's a discussion for another day.

That said, there are other states I believe that ANY Republican candidate would win.  South Dakota for one.

Arizona.  With the exception of the 1996 election, Arizona has gone for a Republican president in every election since 1952.  With the exception of 1992, Colorado has gone Republican every election since 1968.  In Nevada--Clinton was the only Democrat to carry the state since 1968.  The same goes for New Hampshire.  And Oklahoma has gone Republican every election since '68 also.  So has Indiana.

North Carolina wouldn't really be that easy for the Democrats to carry either - heck, in the real election, John Edwards wouldn't even be able to win there!  (According to all polls, anyway.)  Virginia would be hard for the Dems to carry as well, seeing as how they've gone Republican in every election since 1968.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2004, 12:50:45 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 01:51:31 AM by supersoulty »

Just out of couriosity, would some do a similar map for me and Nym.  Just wanted to see what you guys think of my chances.  Smiley
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2004, 01:37:14 AM »

I agree, Supersoulty. I'd make my own map, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be unbiased.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2004, 08:43:17 AM »

Just out of couriosity, would some do a similar map for me and Nym.  Just wanted to see what you guys think of my chances.  Smiley

I don't know how to post a map (?), but I think that would be a really close one. Supersoulty would have the advantage of coming frm PA, but Harry might give the Dems a chance in the South.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2004, 08:49:28 AM »

I agree, Supersoulty. I'd make my own map, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be unbiased.
Then, maybe, say, a "Friend" can help you create an unbiased map for you Nym90. He would love to do that. You should talk to him about doing one together, and then posting it. Yes Nym90, I am that Friend.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2004, 08:55:47 AM »

I have to disagree. I'm sorry. But I think I would win over AZ, maybe NV, and OK, and possibly CO. Also, AR might go for me. CA could, but I think we need to give them a little time. I'm not going to argue about the rest of the South w/ you because I'm getting ready to watch a movie w/ my family in a minute.

It's hard for me to judge the current political atmosphere in America right know. But granted that there is no cursing and hateful attacks from PD, which it most likely wouldn't if he had become a prominent politician in California, of all places, his conservatism would still win him the conservative strongholds: the western states (Utah, Idaho, Kansas, etc) and the deep south (MS, TX, etc). I think Nym90 is closer to the center and also has a strong union support and also PDs stands on immigration will give him problems with Hispanics. Therefore, important swing states like Florida, Ohio, New Mexico, Arizona, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, would most likely go Democratic, and that would give Nym90 the election. I don't think it would be a landslide though, that seems unlikely.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2004, 09:44:22 AM »

I will make a Supersoulty vs. Nym90 map.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2004, 09:47:56 AM »

OK. We await with a mix of fear and anticipation... Smiley
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2004, 09:51:36 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 09:52:34 AM by Harry »

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2004, 10:00:25 AM »

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.

It looks very much like GWBFan is going to be his running mate. That would strengthen him in Georgia and the south. On the other hand having someone who changed parties twice and been running mate to a Dem candidate could hurt him. Actually, it is possible that centrist CM-supporters might be inclined against GWBFan b/c he dropped out like that. It would be unfair and untrue of course, but that's politics for you... Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2004, 10:04:32 AM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 10:05:18 AM by Harry »

It looks very much like GWBFan is going to be his running mate. That would strengthen him in Georgia and the south. On the other hand having someone who changed parties twice and been running mate to a Dem candidate could hurt him. Actually, it is possible that centrist CM-supporters might be inclined against GWBFan b/c he dropped out like that. It would be unfair and untrue of course, but that's politics for you... Wink

Oh, very interesting.  If Nym90 and Supersoulty indeed are the nominees, then GWBFan and I can dogfight over the South.  If that is the case, FL, TN, MS, AL, AR, KY, and VA are all tossups.
In the North, OH is a huge battleground for each side.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies