PD vs. Nym90
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PD vs. Nym90
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: PD vs. Nym90  (Read 17080 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2004, 10:04:35 AM »

I will make a Supersoulty vs. Nym90 map.

OK. We await with a mix of fear and anticipation... Smiley

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.

OK, here comes my actual comments on the map...

I don't think NH would go Dem easily, Supersoulty is not THAT conservative, so I think he could be strong there. Also, he isa northeasterner and should be able to do allright in the northeast. On the other hand, that would probably hurt him in the south, so I agree with some states there going Dem. Not sure about which ones though. I thought Dems would stand a good chance in the steel states, not PA perhaps, but Ohio and WV should be states they could win. Just a few initial thought, is looks good.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2004, 10:06:56 AM »

OK, here comes my actual comments on the map...

I don't think NH would go Dem easily, Supersoulty is not THAT conservative, so I think he could be strong there. Also, he isa northeasterner and should be able to do allright in the northeast. On the other hand, that would probably hurt him in the south, so I agree with some states there going Dem. Not sure about which ones though. I thought Dems would stand a good chance in the steel states, not PA perhaps, but Ohio and WV should be states they could win. Just a few initial thought, is looks good.

Hmmm, I put PA, WV, and OH under Supersoulty because he is from there.  However, at least OH would be huge battleground state.  NH and MO may very well go GOP as well.  TN and NM could go Dem.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2004, 12:02:31 PM »

I will make a Supersoulty vs. Nym90 map.

OK. We await with a mix of fear and anticipation... Smiley

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.

Hang on a minute! My endorsement will win you guys West Virginia easily!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2004, 12:17:51 PM »

Hang on a minute! My endorsement will win you guys West Virginia easily!
That is a point; however Supersoulty is from PA and may pull some WV miners and such to his side if he plays his cards right.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2004, 12:24:39 PM »

Just a few thoughts on these maps.

It really seems that there is no way you people creating these maps are going to have a scenario where a Republican might win.  You need to get in touch with reality.  There are circumstances where either party might win; either reflect that in your scenarios or don't make these maps at all.

Nym90 said he'd make a map between him and Supersoulty, but it wouldn't be unbiased, so he wouldn't make one.  That's fair.  So what happens?  His running mate, Harry, makes a map instead.  Oh, that's fair.....
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2004, 12:32:11 PM »

Just a few thoughts on these maps.

It really seems that there is no way you people creating these maps are going to have a scenario where a Republican might win.  You need to get in touch with reality.  There are circumstances where either party might win; either reflect that in your scenarios or don't make these maps at all.

Nym90 said he'd make a map between him and Supersoulty, but it wouldn't be unbiased, so he wouldn't make one.  That's fair.  So what happens?  His running mate, Harry, makes a map instead.  Oh, that's fair.....

Well, ehhhm...you have to remember that Harry did a prediction map, not a confidence map, so he didn't mark any tossups as tossups. Making it 270-268 is alomst as close as it gets, so in all fairness, it wasn't that biased. Both parties have a chance to win there. But I agree that Supersoulty-Nym90 would be close. I don't think it's biased to think that Nym90 would beat PD, since Nym90 is much more centrist.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2004, 12:36:11 PM »

I doubt it.
The only group he might be able to win over are the Steelworkers in the Northern Panhandle (who went for Dubya in 2000. The miners did not)... and if you two promise protection for the Steel Industry (ie; tariffs or big subsidies) you can cancel that threat.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2004, 12:44:29 PM »

Well, ehhhm...you have to remember that Harry did a prediction map, not a confidence map, so he didn't mark any tossups as tossups. Making it 270-268 is alomst as close as it gets, so in all fairness, it wasn't that biased. Both parties have a chance to win there. But I agree that Supersoulty-Nym90 would be close. I don't think it's biased to think that Nym90 would beat PD, since Nym90 is much more centrist.

This whole thread, though, just seems like a joke.  Democratic candidates making predictions about the election?  Gee, I wonder if they'll actually *have* a scenario where a Republican will win?  Why even bother?  Everyone already knows which candidate they're going to predict a win for, it's not like these maps add much of anything, in terms of productiveness - except that the Democratic vice presidential candidate, Harry, is out of touch with reality.

I'm not surprised by this - just thinking that if we're going to have predictions about the races, why not have an unbiased prediction?  These are Democrats, after all - why would they show anything other than a Dem winning?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2004, 12:46:05 PM »

I just want to say that with my last post, I'm now a Sr. member with 4 stars.

Smiley

I've waited so long for this day.  On to YaBB God!
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2004, 01:12:21 PM »

I just want to say that with my last post, I'm now a Sr. member with 4 stars.

Smiley

I've waited so long for this day.  On to YaBB God!
You have a long time to go, I have 2 posts left to become YaBB god!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2004, 01:13:35 PM »
« Edited: January 11, 2004, 01:14:59 PM by Harry »

This whole thread, though, just seems like a joke.  Democratic candidates making predictions about the election?  Gee, I wonder if they'll actually *have* a scenario where a Republican will win?  Why even bother?  Everyone already knows which candidate they're going to predict a win for, it's not like these maps add much of anything, in terms of productiveness - except that the Democratic vice presidential candidate, Harry, is out of touch with reality.

I'm not surprised by this - just thinking that if we're going to have predictions about the races, why not have an unbiased prediction?  These are Democrats, after all - why would they show anything other than a Dem winning?

here is my confidence map

In this the Dems take 233, GOP 232, and 73 tossups.
The election would be very close.
I do not believe I was biased in my predicting.  If I were biased, I would have put OH, WV, NM, and TN in the Dem column, giving Nym90 a comfortable 311 ev's.
Secondly, I did not know who was ahead when I submitted my prediction.  I predicted the states and percentages, then I found out that Nym90 had won by 2 electoral votes.
Thirdly, I an not out of touch with reality.  I know that this race would be very close and it came out about as close as it could have been.  I considered home states and prior voting patterns.  If you are so at arms about my picks, make your own map and we'll see.
I would appriciate it if you would not make attacks on me.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2004, 01:17:02 PM »

What do you mean Harry, that Nym90 has already won the election by two electoral college votes? The election has yet to happen.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2004, 01:18:10 PM »

What do you mean Harry, that Nym90 has already won the election by two electoral college votes? The election has yet to happen.
in my prediction
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2004, 01:24:56 PM »

here is my confidence map

In this the Dems take 233, GOP 232, and 73 tossups.
The election would be very close.
I do not believe I was biased in my predicting.  If I were biased, I would have put OH, WV, NM, and TN in the Dem column, giving Nym90 a comfortable 311 ev's.
Secondly, I did not know who was ahead when I submitted my prediction.  I predicted the states and percentages, then I found out that Nym90 had won by 2 electoral votes.
Thirdly, I an not out of touch with reality.  I know that this race would be very close and it came out about as close as it could have been.  I considered home states and prior voting patterns.  If you are so at arms about my picks, make your own map and we'll see.
I would appriciate it if you would not make attacks on me.

I don't think PA should be strong, even if it's a home state. Also I don't see why Arkansas should be lean Dem, CLinton ain't around anymore! Why aren't WI, IA and NM tossups, when they were so close in 2000?

Btw, GWBFan, this whole thread is a bit of a joke anyway, since this election won't be held as a real election with an EC, anyway. Besides, the election is a fantasy as well! So keep your cool. Also, there is nothing to stop Reps from posting their maps as well.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2004, 01:44:22 PM »

PA is strong GOP because it was a tossup state in 2000 and this scenario has their Governor running for president.
AR is lean Dem because it is generally more liberal than the rest of the deep south and I would spend a lot of time campaining there, along with MS, LA, TN, MO, KY, AL, and FL.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

PA is strong GOP because it was a tossup state in 2000 and this scenario has their Governor running for president.
AR is lean Dem because it is generally more liberal than the rest of the deep south and I would spend a lot of time campaining there, along with MS, LA, TN, MO, KY, AL, and FL.

OK, I am working on a prediction map myself...how do you paste it into a post?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2004, 02:04:31 PM »

Nym90 v. Supersoulty:

Nym90 280 to Supersoulty 258

Miamiu1027 v. Supersoulty (with Nym90 as running mate):

Supersoulty 291 to Miamiu1027 247
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »

Nym90 v. Supersoulty:

Nym90 280 to Supersoulty 258

Miamiu1027 v. Supersoulty (with Nym90 as running mate):

Supersoulty 291 to Miamiu1027 247

Ehh...you predict yourself losing, but not your primary opponent? That just might be an unwise move... Wink

Why, btw?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »

Having me on the ticket should bring Arkansas, Missouri, and Louisiana to the Dem side unless another candidate is also from the South.  Tennessee possibly too.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2004, 04:08:35 PM »

Having me on the ticket should bring Arkansas, Missouri, and Louisiana to the Dem side unless another candidate is also from the South.  Tennessee possibly too.
Not necessarily.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2004, 04:50:52 PM »

I would probably lose my home state to most Republicans. Against PD however, NC would go to me.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2004, 04:43:01 PM »

I would probably lose my home state to most Republicans. Against PD however, NC would go to me.
Aganist PD, every state with a hint of liberalism would go Dem.
jravnsbo

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2004, 04:44:38 PM »

ok haven't been following all this election stuff in atlas so closely.  Where are we int he process?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2004, 04:47:17 PM »

ok haven't been following all this election stuff in atlas so closely.  Where are we int he process?
The parties are nominating their candidates.
jravnsbo

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2004, 05:00:54 PM »

Beginning to see how long the real campaigns must feel.

The parties are nominating their candidates.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies