PD vs. Nym90 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:21:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PD vs. Nym90 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PD vs. Nym90  (Read 17089 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: January 11, 2004, 12:29:53 AM »

California? One of the most liberal states in the country?

Yea, I don't know about California.  But, since this is a fantasy election, that would make PD a senator, governor, or some other big name in the state which does give him a special edge with the voters there.  And after all, the first George Bush won California.  They've had their share of Republican governors too.  I actually would go so far to say that it is less liberal than New York and (in the real world) Bush would have a better shot at carrying Ca than he would N.Y.  But that's a discussion for another day.

That said, there are other states I believe that ANY Republican candidate would win.  South Dakota for one.

Arizona.  With the exception of the 1996 election, Arizona has gone for a Republican president in every election since 1952.  With the exception of 1992, Colorado has gone Republican every election since 1968.  In Nevada--Clinton was the only Democrat to carry the state since 1968.  The same goes for New Hampshire.  And Oklahoma has gone Republican every election since '68 also.  So has Indiana.

North Carolina wouldn't really be that easy for the Democrats to carry either - heck, in the real election, John Edwards wouldn't even be able to win there!  (According to all polls, anyway.)  Virginia would be hard for the Dems to carry as well, seeing as how they've gone Republican in every election since 1968.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 12:24:39 PM »

Just a few thoughts on these maps.

It really seems that there is no way you people creating these maps are going to have a scenario where a Republican might win.  You need to get in touch with reality.  There are circumstances where either party might win; either reflect that in your scenarios or don't make these maps at all.

Nym90 said he'd make a map between him and Supersoulty, but it wouldn't be unbiased, so he wouldn't make one.  That's fair.  So what happens?  His running mate, Harry, makes a map instead.  Oh, that's fair.....
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 12:44:29 PM »

Well, ehhhm...you have to remember that Harry did a prediction map, not a confidence map, so he didn't mark any tossups as tossups. Making it 270-268 is alomst as close as it gets, so in all fairness, it wasn't that biased. Both parties have a chance to win there. But I agree that Supersoulty-Nym90 would be close. I don't think it's biased to think that Nym90 would beat PD, since Nym90 is much more centrist.

This whole thread, though, just seems like a joke.  Democratic candidates making predictions about the election?  Gee, I wonder if they'll actually *have* a scenario where a Republican will win?  Why even bother?  Everyone already knows which candidate they're going to predict a win for, it's not like these maps add much of anything, in terms of productiveness - except that the Democratic vice presidential candidate, Harry, is out of touch with reality.

I'm not surprised by this - just thinking that if we're going to have predictions about the races, why not have an unbiased prediction?  These are Democrats, after all - why would they show anything other than a Dem winning?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 12:46:05 PM »

I just want to say that with my last post, I'm now a Sr. member with 4 stars.

Smiley

I've waited so long for this day.  On to YaBB God!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies