PD vs. Nym90 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:25:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PD vs. Nym90 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PD vs. Nym90  (Read 17109 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 11, 2004, 08:43:17 AM »

Just out of couriosity, would some do a similar map for me and Nym.  Just wanted to see what you guys think of my chances.  Smiley

I don't know how to post a map (?), but I think that would be a really close one. Supersoulty would have the advantage of coming frm PA, but Harry might give the Dems a chance in the South.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 08:55:47 AM »

Ok, here's your best-case scenario.
I have to disagree. I'm sorry. But I think I would win over AZ, maybe NV, and OK, and possibly CO. Also, AR might go for me. CA could, but I think we need to give them a little time. I'm not going to argue about the rest of the South w/ you because I'm getting ready to watch a movie w/ my family in a minute.

It's hard for me to judge the current political atmosphere in America right know. But granted that there is no cursing and hateful attacks from PD, which it most likely wouldn't if he had become a prominent politician in California, of all places, his conservatism would still win him the conservative strongholds: the western states (Utah, Idaho, Kansas, etc) and the deep south (MS, TX, etc). I think Nym90 is closer to the center and also has a strong union support and also PDs stands on immigration will give him problems with Hispanics. Therefore, important swing states like Florida, Ohio, New Mexico, Arizona, West Virginia and Pennsylvania, would most likely go Democratic, and that would give Nym90 the election. I don't think it would be a landslide though, that seems unlikely.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 09:47:56 AM »

I will make a Supersoulty vs. Nym90 map.

OK. We await with a mix of fear and anticipation... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 10:00:25 AM »

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.

It looks very much like GWBFan is going to be his running mate. That would strengthen him in Georgia and the south. On the other hand having someone who changed parties twice and been running mate to a Dem candidate could hurt him. Actually, it is possible that centrist CM-supporters might be inclined against GWBFan b/c he dropped out like that. It would be unfair and untrue of course, but that's politics for you... Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2004, 10:04:35 AM »

Heh Smiley

I did this map not knowing who was going to win.  Also, I put my own percentage predictions, into this map, while in the PD one I did not.
Nym90--270
Supersoulty--268

Of couse, both candidates could campaign in certain states and I don't know anything about Supersoulty's VP, so several states are tossups.

OK, here comes my actual comments on the map...

I don't think NH would go Dem easily, Supersoulty is not THAT conservative, so I think he could be strong there. Also, he isa northeasterner and should be able to do allright in the northeast. On the other hand, that would probably hurt him in the south, so I agree with some states there going Dem. Not sure about which ones though. I thought Dems would stand a good chance in the steel states, not PA perhaps, but Ohio and WV should be states they could win. Just a few initial thought, is looks good.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2004, 12:32:11 PM »

Just a few thoughts on these maps.

It really seems that there is no way you people creating these maps are going to have a scenario where a Republican might win.  You need to get in touch with reality.  There are circumstances where either party might win; either reflect that in your scenarios or don't make these maps at all.

Nym90 said he'd make a map between him and Supersoulty, but it wouldn't be unbiased, so he wouldn't make one.  That's fair.  So what happens?  His running mate, Harry, makes a map instead.  Oh, that's fair.....

Well, ehhhm...you have to remember that Harry did a prediction map, not a confidence map, so he didn't mark any tossups as tossups. Making it 270-268 is alomst as close as it gets, so in all fairness, it wasn't that biased. Both parties have a chance to win there. But I agree that Supersoulty-Nym90 would be close. I don't think it's biased to think that Nym90 would beat PD, since Nym90 is much more centrist.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 01:24:56 PM »

Well, ehhhm...you have to remember that Harry did a prediction map, not a confidence map, so he didn't mark any tossups as tossups. Making it 270-268 is alomst as close as it gets, so in all fairness, it wasn't that biased. Both parties have a chance to win there. But I agree that Supersoulty-Nym90 would be close. I don't think it's biased to think that Nym90 would beat PD, since Nym90 is much more centrist.

This whole thread, though, just seems like a joke.  Democratic candidates making predictions about the election?  Gee, I wonder if they'll actually *have* a scenario where a Republican will win?  Why even bother?  Everyone already knows which candidate they're going to predict a win for, it's not like these maps add much of anything, in terms of productiveness - except that the Democratic vice presidential candidate, Harry, is out of touch with reality.

I'm not surprised by this - just thinking that if we're going to have predictions about the races, why not have an unbiased prediction?  These are Democrats, after all - why would they show anything other than a Dem winning?

here is my confidence map

In this the Dems take 233, GOP 232, and 73 tossups.
The election would be very close.
I do not believe I was biased in my predicting.  If I were biased, I would have put OH, WV, NM, and TN in the Dem column, giving Nym90 a comfortable 311 ev's.
Secondly, I did not know who was ahead when I submitted my prediction.  I predicted the states and percentages, then I found out that Nym90 had won by 2 electoral votes.
Thirdly, I an not out of touch with reality.  I know that this race would be very close and it came out about as close as it could have been.  I considered home states and prior voting patterns.  If you are so at arms about my picks, make your own map and we'll see.
I would appriciate it if you would not make attacks on me.

I don't think PA should be strong, even if it's a home state. Also I don't see why Arkansas should be lean Dem, CLinton ain't around anymore! Why aren't WI, IA and NM tossups, when they were so close in 2000?

Btw, GWBFan, this whole thread is a bit of a joke anyway, since this election won't be held as a real election with an EC, anyway. Besides, the election is a fantasy as well! So keep your cool. Also, there is nothing to stop Reps from posting their maps as well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

PA is strong GOP because it was a tossup state in 2000 and this scenario has their Governor running for president.
AR is lean Dem because it is generally more liberal than the rest of the deep south and I would spend a lot of time campaining there, along with MS, LA, TN, MO, KY, AL, and FL.

OK, I am working on a prediction map myself...how do you paste it into a post?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »

Nym90 v. Supersoulty:

Nym90 280 to Supersoulty 258

Miamiu1027 v. Supersoulty (with Nym90 as running mate):

Supersoulty 291 to Miamiu1027 247

Ehh...you predict yourself losing, but not your primary opponent? That just might be an unwise move... Wink

Why, btw?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 04:04:30 AM »

Vermont went Bush by 10%, Maine went Bush by less than 2%.  Not that liberal.
NEITHER of them voted for Bush! What are you talking about?!

Probably the only time PD is right is when he catches a typo.

Regardless, I thought Gore won Maine by 5%.
Shut up.
This forum is not about insults, political debate should not aim to destroy someone personally.
Oh don't you dare start with me. You act as if I'm the only person that insults people. If you would actually read some of my first posts, you'll see that I was attacked when politely stating my opinion. You guys made the first move. Of course I'm going to retaliate with hostility. I mean, did you even look at their post. As if telling me the only time I'm right is when I catch a typo isn't a personal insult!

If you think writing about murderers and societies going down in flames in capital letters is politely stating your opinion you should think again. Please don't try to victimize yourself like that, it's just pathetic, especially along with all our bragging. There are a lot of different opinions here, but you're the only one to get into real conflicts on the forum. There's a reason for that, and it isn't just your opinions.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 02:47:54 PM »

Miami-You are stuck up sometimes.

PD-You are juvenile sometimes.

I'm unrealistic about, well, every political issue.

We all have our faults, we don't need to discuss them. Lets argue about politics, not personalities.

Well, I am 15.

I am 16, I don't have to be juvenile. For a Republican, you don't seem to be so fond of personal responsibility?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 02:48:07 PM »

I do have a stick up my ass, you're not the first one to say it.  Smiley
Dear Lord! You're not... you know...yeah. Are you?

No, he isn't.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 02:53:57 PM »

We all have our faults, we don't need to discuss them. Lets argue about politics, not personalities.

Well, I am 15.

I am 16, I don't have to be juvenile. For a Republican, you don't seem to be so fond of personal responsibility?
I am. That's one of the things that makes me conservative. Why do you think I feel that people should get off their lazy butts and  work, instead of making the taxpaying citizens pay for them?

Well, you seem to think that we should be sympathetic to you for being young, while you refuse to be sympathetic to people who are poor. If you truly believed in personal responsibility the way I do, you wouldn't use your age as an excuse for anything.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 03:17:51 PM »

Well, I am 15.

I am. That's one of the things that makes me conservative. Why do you think I feel that people should get off their lazy butts and  work, instead of making the taxpaying citizens pay for them?

Well, you seem to think that we should be sympathetic to you for being young, while you refuse to be sympathetic to people who are poor. If you truly believed in personal responsibility the way I do, you wouldn't use your age as an excuse for anything.
I NEVER USED MY AGE AS AN EXCUSE FOR ANYTHING! WERE THE HELL DID I DO THAT?! I TOLD YOU HOW OLD I WAS, THAT'S IT! Some other members of the forum have attacked you because of my age. I never asked them to. It's not my fault they said those things.

You were accused of being juvenile, and your response was "well, I am 15". That seemed like using your age as an excuse to me. But if you meant something else, I apologize.

It's true that other members have done this more outspokenly, and I am not blaming you for that. I never keep people resonsible for other's posts. I believe in PERSONAL responsibility... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 05:25:34 PM »

Well, I am 15.

I NEVER USED MY AGE AS AN EXCUSE FOR ANYTHING! WERE THE HELL DID I DO THAT?! I TOLD YOU HOW OLD I WAS, THAT'S IT! Some other members of the forum have attacked you because of my age. I never asked them to. It's not my fault they said those things.

You were accused of being juvenile, and your response was "well, I am 15". That seemed like using your age as an excuse to me. But if you meant something else, I apologize.

It's true that other members have done this more outspokenly, and I am not blaming you for that. I never keep people resonsible for other's posts. I believe in PERSONAL responsibility... Smiley
Juvenile would mean under the age of 18. I am.

I think juvenile also have a similar meaning to puerile, i.e. childish. But it's not my languauge... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 05:42:56 PM »

ju·ve·nile    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (jv-nl, -nl)
adj.
Not fully grown or developed; young.
Of, relating to, characteristic of, intended for, or appropriate for children or young people: juvenile fashions.
Marked by immaturity; childish: juvenile behavior. See Synonyms at young.

from dictionary.com

Thanks. Seems like I was right then.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 05:45:56 PM »

adj.
Of, relating to, characteristic of, intended for, or appropriate for children or young people: juvenile fashions.

from dictionary.com
Whether I'm mature or immature, I'm still a juvenile until I turn 18. I can't help that.

You're doging the issue now. Juvenile obviously has the meaning I suggested, and that is obviously the way it was used by YoungRep in his post. So stop pretending that it doesn't. You can act mature even though you're under 18, right?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 05:55:47 PM »

adj.

from dictionary.com
Whether I'm mature or immature, I'm still a juvenile until I turn 18. I can't help that.

You're doging the issue now. Juvenile obviously has the meaning I suggested, and that is obviously the way it was used by YoungRep in his post. So stop pretending that it doesn't. You can act mature even though you're under 18, right?
First: YoungRepub didn't say that. Hughento did. Second: I was letting him know that the reason I might sound juvenile to him is because I am a juvenile. Can't you guys figure that out? Or had, but just wanted to be difficult?

First: OK, I remembered it wrongly. Sorry.

Second: You don't have to be juvenile b/c you're under 18. As I stated above. If you wanna play with the big boys you have to play by their rules, and for someone who advocates personal responsibility that should be easy to see.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 12:47:04 AM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

First: YoungRepub didn't say that. Hughento did. Second: I was letting him know that the reason I might sound juvenile to him is because I am a juvenile. Can't you guys figure that out? Or had, but just wanted to be difficult?

Second: You don't have to be juvenile b/c you're under 18. As I stated above. If you wanna play with the big boys you have to play by their rules, and for someone who advocates personal responsibility that should be easy to see.

Gustaf, Miami, please.  There is no need for you guys to keep-up with this.  You guys should just stop antaganizing PD.  He hasn't done anything this time.  Why can't you guys just lay-off.  I like both of you guys, but you keep beating-up on PD, and I think you should stop.  Please.

I'm not beating-up. I think if a persons condemns other people to death or a life in misery for the slightest mistake, he's setting pretty high standards, and similar standards can be applied to him. I have a strong distaste for hypocrites, and I don't like the kind of people who advocates tax cuts on the rich b/c they're rich. I have far too many of these in myneiughbourhood and in my school. And since I am a far-right conservative in Sweden, it's hard for me to say that straight out. But I will be more careful not to hurt PD's feelings, considering his youth and everything.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2004, 11:03:28 AM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

Gustaf, Miami, please.  There is no need for you guys to keep-up with this.  You guys should just stop antaganizing PD.  He hasn't done anything this time.  Why can't you guys just lay-off.  I like both of you guys, but you keep beating-up on PD, and I think you should stop.  Please.

I'm not beating-up. I think if a persons condemns other people to death or a life in misery for the slightest mistake, he's setting pretty high standards, and similar standards can be applied to him. I have a strong distaste for hypocrites, and I don't like the kind of people who advocates tax cuts on the rich b/c they're rich. I have far too many of these in myneiughbourhood and in my school. And since I am a far-right conservative in Sweden, it's hard for me to say that straight out. But I will be more careful not to hurt PD's feelings, considering his youth and everything.
Hurt my feelings? Ha! I don't break that easily. You have not hurt my feelings. You're also making me sound like a ruthless ass hole. I've said this before: I care about people. But not in the way of surrendering half of my income to the government or welfare. And about the death thing, if you're talking about my extreme conservative stance, having sex under age and out od wedlock is not "the slightest thing".

It could well be. Getting raped isn't exactly what I would call a mistake, but it might be hard to avoid don't you think? Or incest for that matter. Or aiding abortion in some way. (since you thought such people were murderers and support the death penalty, I suppose that they might be executed if you were in charge).

And talking about "half your income" is ridiculous. No country has taxes like that, not even Sweden, and certainly not America.

I don't think I am making you out as anything, I am just responding to your posts, trying to discuss with you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 05:53:20 PM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

Hurt my feelings? Ha! I don't break that easily. You have not hurt my feelings. You're also making me sound like a ruthless ass hole. I've said this before: I care about people. But not in the way of surrendering half of my income to the government or welfare. And about the death thing, if you're talking about my extreme conservative stance, having sex under age and out od wedlock is not "the slightest thing".

It could well be. Getting raped isn't exactly what I would call a mistake, but it might be hard to avoid don't you think? Or incest for that matter. Or aiding abortion in some way. (since you thought such people were murderers and support the death penalty, I suppose that they might be executed if you were in charge).

And talking about "half your income" is ridiculous. No country has taxes like that, not even Sweden, and certainly not America.

I don't think I am making you out as anything, I am just responding to your posts, trying to discuss with you.

Gee...we sure are making some long pyramids here aren't we?

Yes, we are indeed. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 06:45:42 PM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

Whatever. I'm not going to get this started again, so just drop it. And for your information, Germany has a tax rate at 48%, that's pretty damn close to half.

I don't understand why you never want to discuss anything, just state your opinion. America doesn't have a 50% tax. Germany is a country with high taxes, but I didn't know they were that high, if you're right. But you're not living in Germany, so it doesn't srtenthen your point all that much. But if you don't want to defend your opinions in a debate, I don't mind.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2004, 12:15:55 PM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

Whatever. I'm not going to get this started again, so just drop it. And for your information, Germany has a tax rate at 48%, that's pretty damn close to half.

I don't understand why you never want to discuss anything, just state your opinion. America doesn't have a 50% tax. Germany is a country with high taxes, but I didn't know they were that high, if you're right. But you're not living in Germany, so it doesn't srtenthen your point all that much. But if you don't want to defend your opinions in a debate, I don't mind.

I don't understand why people make all these damn pyramids.

I do. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2004, 12:24:07 PM »

Or maybe to make clear who a post is directed to so as to avoid confusion! (NOT THINKING OF ANYONE IN PARTICULAR *COUGH*, *COUGH*)

I do.  No life.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't understand why people make all these damn pyramids.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 06:54:08 PM »

adj.

from dictionary.com

Whenever I have time I do.

Well, that doesn't seem to be often... Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies