PD vs. Nym90 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:23:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PD vs. Nym90 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PD vs. Nym90  (Read 17098 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: January 11, 2004, 12:50:45 AM »
« edited: January 11, 2004, 01:51:31 AM by supersoulty »

Just out of couriosity, would some do a similar map for me and Nym.  Just wanted to see what you guys think of my chances.  Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 05:56:04 PM »

California? One of the most liberal states in the country?
That's changing. New York has a lot more democrats in it than California. Besides, we used to be one of the most conservative, we're coming back.

California was conservative while the republicans were running candidates from California.  It used to be one of the most reliable republican states, but I think that it probably would have gone Dem. in at least two of those elections between 1952 and 1988 if we hadn't been running Californians.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 06:05:59 PM »

Nym90 v. Supersoulty:

Nym90 280 to Supersoulty 258

Miamiu1027 v. Supersoulty (with Nym90 as running mate):

Supersoulty 291 to Miamiu1027 247

I think that my pro-Cuban immigrant/anti-Castro stance would help me win in Florida no matter who I was running against.  I think that if GWBFan were my running mate then we would rule the south.  Think, Al Gore was from Tennessee, which is much closer to Mississippi, Arkansas and Lousiana, than Texas is, but GW still won there.  If my running mate were Demrepdan, then I would win in the midwest and thus the rift between north and south would be covered.  i think that I would stand a fighting chance in New Jersey as well.  I vaction there every single year and I think that the fact that I am Irish Catholic would win over some votes.  I think I could win in Ohio.  Oregon, I don't think so.  Of course all of this is assuming I am not running as an incumbent and I am not running off of anyones record.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 06:20:45 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2004, 06:22:02 PM by supersoulty »

That's changing. New York has a lot more democrats in it than California. Besides, we used to be one of the most conservative, we're coming back.
California was never really one of the most liberal states in the country, MA, RI, and NY are probably.
That's a fact. Pretty much all of the New England states are REALLY liberal. With the exception of NH.
Vermont and Maine aren't.
Yes they are. Vermont is the state that gives the most rights to gays. Maine, though more conservative than Vermont, is just liberal.

I disagree.  Vermont is fairly moderate.  After Dean left they voted in all Republicans.

In state possitions at least.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 06:22:34 PM »

California was never really one of the most liberal states in the country, MA, RI, and NY are probably.
That's a fact. Pretty much all of the New England states are REALLY liberal. With the exception of NH.
Vermont and Maine aren't.
Yes they are. Vermont is the state that gives the most rights to gays. Maine, though more conservative than Vermont, is just liberal.
Vermont went Bush by 10%, Maine went Bush by less than 2%.  Not that liberal.

What?  No they didn't.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 09:19:29 PM »

I actually thought you may have mellowed slightly when you apologized to DRD, but this confirms that you have not.

PD may have mellowed a bit, but he still can't handle constructive criticism.

Alright!  Honestly, someone has to put a stop to this.  I'm telling you right now that you guys have gone to far.  PD has made-up and mellowed-out.  All of you, knock it off.  He has done his part, now do yours and end this.  It's getting rediculous.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 12:11:38 AM »

ju·ve·nile    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (jv-nl, -nl)
adj.
Not fully grown or developed; young.
Of, relating to, characteristic of, intended for, or appropriate for children or young people: juvenile fashions.
Marked by immaturity; childish: juvenile behavior. See Synonyms at young.

from dictionary.com
Whether I'm mature or immature, I'm still a juvenile until I turn 18. I can't help that.

You're doging the issue now. Juvenile obviously has the meaning I suggested, and that is obviously the way it was used by YoungRep in his post. So stop pretending that it doesn't. You can act mature even though you're under 18, right?
First: YoungRepub didn't say that. Hughento did. Second: I was letting him know that the reason I might sound juvenile to him is because I am a juvenile. Can't you guys figure that out? Or had, but just wanted to be difficult?

First: OK, I remembered it wrongly. Sorry.

Second: You don't have to be juvenile b/c you're under 18. As I stated above. If you wanna play with the big boys you have to play by their rules, and for someone who advocates personal responsibility that should be easy to see.

Gustaf, Miami, please.  There is no need for you guys to keep-up with this.  You guys should just stop antaganizing PD.  He hasn't done anything this time.  Why can't you guys just lay-off.  I like both of you guys, but you keep beating-up on PD, and I think you should stop.  Please.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies