Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:11:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasians United for a Parliamentary System  (Read 6552 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: February 20, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

Me for King Grin

Or Archduke.  Archduke>King.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

My proposal (for head of State) is that somebody chooses the first King or Queen, who shall reign for up to six months, any point in which the King or Queen shall name a successor and abdicate. Not democratic, but the Head of State shall be largely ceremonial.

We could always have the GM handle the monarchy & royal family.  That, in some respects, could be more fun than picking and choosing for 6 month 'terms' monarchs, allowing for dynastic struggles, family feuds, a more 'natural' method of rule.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 10:36:53 PM »

Simply letting the GM also being monarch would be the best way to handle this actually. It's better than having a completely powerless position, since only ceremonial duties don't work well on a forum. Plus constitutional monarchs typically do what the GM theoretically does in making announcements on national policy, etc. even though they obviously aren't able to set it.

No, I mean more that the GM simulates the activities of the monarch; for instance "King Christopher I marries Princess Angela of Canada" or "King Christopher I announces birth of son, Juanito!" could be reported on, but the GM him/herself wouldn't actually be the monarch.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »

Simply letting the GM also being monarch would be the best way to handle this actually. It's better than having a completely powerless position, since only ceremonial duties don't work well on a forum. Plus constitutional monarchs typically do what the GM theoretically does in making announcements on national policy, etc. even though they obviously aren't able to set it.

It's good to be the king.  Tongue

I think my first decree will be to put ilikeverin in the Royal Dungeon for 99 years of solitary confinement and hard labor producing sad faces for this forum.  Sad

But my frowny faces are such low quality Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies