Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 29, 2014, 07:15:44 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  Electoral College
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print
Poll
Question: Which system do you prefer?
Current Electoral System   -37 (59.7%)
Nationwide Popular Vote   -25 (40.3%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: Electoral College  (Read 39706 times)
Gabu
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2006, 03:14:04 pm »
Ignore

The party used to have a lot of DINOs.

They're not DINOs if they accurately represented the stance of the party at the time.

By that logic, every single Democrat in 1856 was a DINO.

"To me, 'underground' sounds like subway trains.  That's the only sound I associate with 'underground'." - Everett
© tweed
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -8.00

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2006, 06:03:04 pm »
Ignore

Only 28 votes for a 10-page thread that is two years old?  Weird.

The original poll had ~85 votes, but it got wiped out when the forum got screwed up.  I restored the poll last summer.

Oh, OK.  What was the break-down for the last poll?

It was a similar ratio to this actually.  Around 60 for electoral college to 30 for PV.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 13, 2006, 12:27:21 am »
Ignore

current
Southern Patriot
DWPerry
YaBB God
Puerto Rico

Political Matrix
E: 7.03, S: -6.26

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2006, 01:51:27 am »
Ignore

I have found that most people that want to repeal the Electoral College also fit one or more of the following:
1) from larger States
2) do not understand the concept of State's Rights
3) want to eliminate the Senate

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2006, 09:42:02 am »
Ignore

I have found that most people that want to repeal the Electoral College also fit one or more of the following:
1) from larger States
The reason couldnt possibly be that they think the president should be whoever gets the most votes. What a dumb idea. Tongue

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
Buddha
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sao Tome and Principe

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2006, 02:01:13 pm »
Ignore

1) from larger States
The reason couldnt possibly be that they think the president should be whoever gets the most votes. What a dumb idea. Tongue

Sure if someone gets a majority they should be president, but that doesn't always happen. I would rather keep the electoral college dreadly horrible though it is than go for a plurality system. Not that the former is better than the latter, necessarily, but why not hold out for something better?

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2006, 06:04:52 am »
Ignore

1) from larger States

Sure if someone gets a majority they should be president, but that doesn't always happen. I would rather keep the electoral college dreadly horrible though it is than go for a plurality system. Not that the former is better than the latter, necessarily, but why not hold out for something better?
What could possibly be better? If your hoping to see a major and minority president or something crazy like that, Id say dont hold your breath.

“The meaning of life is not to be discovered only after death in some hidden, mysterious realm; on the contrary, it can be found by eating the succulent fruit of the Tree of Life and by living in the here and now as fully and creatively as we can”

~~~~Dr. Paul Kurtz (1925-2012)
Buddha
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sao Tome and Principe

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2006, 12:19:06 pm »
Ignore

1) from larger States

What could possibly be better? If your hoping to see a major and minority president or something crazy like that, Id say dont hold your breath.

My point is that if someone wins with less that  a majority,  I wouldn't call that "democratic".

Southern Patriot
DWPerry
YaBB God
Puerto Rico

Political Matrix
E: 7.03, S: -6.26

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2006, 04:10:57 pm »
Ignore

My point is that if someone wins with less that  a majority,  I wouldn't call that "democratic".

I wouldn't either, luckily we live in a Republic. "Democracy" = mob-rule.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout