If Feingold wins in 2008... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:02:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  If Feingold wins in 2008... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Feingold wins in 2008...  (Read 18339 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: July 03, 2006, 09:45:51 PM »

The lack of endorsement of faith or religion is not endorsement of atheism.  It's an endorsement of nothing.
Good point. Separation of church and state calls for neutrality, not hostility towards religion, or hostility towards non-religion.
In my opinion, the recent interpretations of "seperation of church and state" (and entity not even in the constitution at all) have been an utter witchhunt against all expressions of religion, and that, in my opinion, is hostility towards religion, not neutrality.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 08:00:37 PM »

In my opinion, the recent interpretations of "seperation of church and state" (and entity not even in the constitution at all) have been an utter witchhunt against all expressions of religion, and that, in my opinion, is hostility towards religion, not neutrality.
The idea of separation of church and state does not constitute a vendetta against all expressions of religious views. It merely opposes expressions of religious views by the government. Private people remain free to express whatever they please.
Well, the problem is "government" is being interpreted as being government employees and property etc.. rather than what it should be, explicit establishment of a religion by legislation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies