If Feingold wins in 2008... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:16:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  If Feingold wins in 2008... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Feingold wins in 2008...  (Read 18327 times)
Conan
conan

« on: August 23, 2006, 12:40:15 AM »

Having the bible sworn on at the inaugural is just to have something that means a lot to the person and that was the point. Feingold probably wouldnt want to cause any right wing contraversy and swear in on it.
Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:34:02 AM »

If Russ doesn't want to swear in on the bible for his religion, then I see no reason why he shouldn't be granted that right. What difference does it make if he wants to swear in on the Bible, the Torah, or the Talmud, as long as he does his job.

I think the problem is that Americans have never had a non-christian President, and the first one will probably endure hell from religious righters, no matter if they be Jewish (It's the same God), Muslim (Once again, the same god), or Athiest.

I feel sorry for the first non-christian President, for they will have to surely endure hell for the first year at least because of thier religion.

Actually it should be noted that many of our presidents were christian in name only or on paper or according to old state laws before the founding.  For example many of our presidents including George Washington and Thomas Jefferson while they attended Christian services, were deists along with many of the other founders and early presidents.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies