What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:23:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 628692 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3425 on: April 19, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »

I'm planning on picking up the comic too now. Apparently there is a sequel to it coming out in September/October as well.

Yeah, I'll probably check it out too although I don't care much for the artist who worked on it. The movie got a lot darker and heavier than I was expecting towards the end. Really good.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3426 on: April 21, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »

Hmm...last one was...The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, well, SpongeBob...

Though, just before I saw two better anime ones. Thanks to a TV channel that dedicated a part of its programs during about one month to Japan, arte, I discovered Hayao Myazaki. And I like Hayao Myazaki. They have broadcast at least 4 of his movies, I saw 2 of them, Howl's Moving Castle, and especially, the 1st that I saw and that made me want to see a second one, Spirited Away.

I've been surprised to like this last one when I discovered it, first I thought, oh no, a manga, I'm not a fan of anime manga style, and TV review spoke about a great thing which had big big reviews when it has been released, then before going on it I thought, well, one more hype stuff that excited a few hype people during a while, but, nothing else on TV, I tried.

And, well, dunno why but very quickly the ambiance caught me on, dunno, it was something very subtle that caught me, the animation, the pace, but also like something very subtle in the sound of the movie. And this while the stuff is about some fantasy story/magical stuffs and so forth, so much things that use to turn me off. And, if you add to this that quickly enough began a kind of love story of the kind that can touch me (and certainly the child I've been), all in lightness and strength at the same time, I was just caught. Then, I liked quite everything in that movie, ambiance, characters, the way the story evolved.

Fresh, subtle, and light. Just great.

I enjoyed the other movie too, Howl's Movie Castle, for the same kind of reasons, but not as much as Spirited Away.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3427 on: April 21, 2010, 10:34:18 AM »

It's Complicated, saw it with this girl I'm after. I didn't like the ending that much, too vague and open but it was actually pretty funny in the middle.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3428 on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »

That Hagen Girl (1947 Ronald Reagan, Shirley Temple)

A+ Really Excellent Movie

Shirley Temple is build like Fort Knox
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #3429 on: April 24, 2010, 02:06:46 AM »

Friend bought Avatar on BluRay and we hooked it up to the huge new spiffy HDTV in the dorm lounge.

The dialogue was absolutely atrocious and the plot was nothing new(as has been said a million times). I will say, however, that it was entertaining and even though I wanted to stop watching it for the first half hour, it pulled me in and I maintained interest until the end. I walked away feeling slightly underwhelmed, but the movie has stayed with me in a way I wouldn't have expected.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #3430 on: April 24, 2010, 02:12:39 AM »

Kick Ass

I have to agree that the plot holes barely detract from an otherwise fun movie.  Did anyone else think that the color palette seemed a bit off in some places?

Death at a Funeral

James Marsden's character made the movie.  Zoe Saldana is still hot.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3431 on: April 24, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

Shutter Island - prett cool; the plot twist wasn't totally unexpected.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #3432 on: April 25, 2010, 07:27:01 AM »

Tommy (1975)

Although the quality of music wasn't nearly as good as its 1969 album counterpart. It wasn't too bad for a Stigwood produced film; even if glutinous viewing at times; in particular Keith Moon's Uncle Ernie sequence. Now it would have made a lot more sense if Townshend was his wicked Uncle Ernie...
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3433 on: April 25, 2010, 09:20:40 AM »

Saw Clash of the Titans last night. It was ok.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3434 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »

Death at a Funeral

I went in expecting it to be at best mildly funny (I only saw it because I had absolutely nothing to do and the trailer was funny).  However, it ended up being one of the funniest movies I have seen (in theaters) in a long time.  Danny Glover was very funny in his scenes with Tracy Morgan (who had one of the funniest characters in the film).  The "Valium" segments were also very funny.  However, the midget storyline was easily the best part of the film.  Despite being someone who usually avoids anything with Chris Rock in it, I must admit he does a good job despite having one of the more restrained/stright-man roles.  Although I went in expecting to be only mildly amused, I loved it.  I highly recommend it. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3435 on: April 27, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »

"Woman of the Year" (1942, Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn)

two thumps up from the wife and me
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3436 on: April 27, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »

"Woman of the Year" (1942, Spencer Tracy, Katharine Hepburn)

two thumps up from the wife and me

The first in a long line of Tracy Hepburn collaborations.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3437 on: April 27, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

Something on the plane, what was it now?  I can't even remember it was so bad.  I should have watched Precious, which was the only worthwhile thing offered, but I wasn't up to it.  Oh I also rewatched Avatar from the eastward journey, if you can believe it.

But I'm just desperate to see Synecdoche, New York.. I just don't know when I'll get the change over here Sad
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3438 on: April 27, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2010, 04:29:21 PM by SE Lt. Gov tb75 »

Saturday Night Fever.

It's not as bad of a movie as i thought it was. It is actually quite a serious film for the time it came out. Nowaydays it would not be a politically correct film.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3439 on: April 27, 2010, 07:46:25 PM »

Something on the plane, what was it now?  I can't even remember it was so bad.  I should have watched Precious, which was the only worthwhile thing offered, but I wasn't up to it.  Oh I also rewatched Avatar from the eastward journey, if you can believe it.

But I'm just desperate to see Synecdoche, New York.. I just don't know when I'll get the change over here Sad

Precious is pretty awesome. What did you think of Avatar?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3440 on: April 28, 2010, 12:49:58 PM »

O Lucky Man! (1973)

Inane "satire" is inane and obvious (and ridiculously self-indulgent). As pure entertainment, it's a bit uneven it does have its moments but other bits are just too.... A pity because I really liked If....

Is it just me or have alot of the 'art films' of the 60s and 70s dated far worse than alot of more narrative films from that period and before?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3441 on: April 28, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »

Metropolis (1927)- There is a lot to discuss about this but I'm too lazy.... Excellent movie and would recommend.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3442 on: April 28, 2010, 10:50:28 PM »

Metropolis (1927)- There is a lot to discuss about this but I'm too lazy.... Excellent movie and would recommend.

is it silent?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3443 on: April 29, 2010, 02:36:57 AM »

Precious is pretty awesome. What did you think of Avatar?

I quite enjoyed it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3444 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:07 PM »

is it silent?

The actors do not speak but the classical music accompaniment was great.  It was really quite amazing to see what the director could do with such limited technology.  It was also very reflective of the social issues at that time and still relevant of divisions between rich and poor.

Just finished Moon (2009)- Sam Rockwell was great as always.  It is a slow paced movie but I think that works in this movie and it helps builds up suspense.  The one gripe I had was that the ending seemed rushed. Something finally happens and it is over.  Ill leave it at that to not introduce spoilers.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #3445 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

I'm watching Lost City Raiders right now.  It sucks epically.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #3446 on: April 29, 2010, 11:28:32 PM »

The Men Who Stare At Goats

ehhhhhhh
The Mikado
Atlas Star

« Reply #3447 on: April 29, 2010, 11:32:28 PM »

Read the book.  The movie takes so many liberties you wouldn't believe.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3448 on: April 30, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »

Iron Man 2

Bleh. Not a patch on the first film - which it tries to cover up with more explosions and wise cracks. A half hour too long to boot.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #3449 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »

Have you become that poor over in Thailand?
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies