Would you vote to ratify the 2nd Amendment? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:25:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Would you vote to ratify the 2nd Amendment? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you vote to ratify the 2nd Amendment?
Yes (D)

No (D)

Yes (R)

No (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Would you vote to ratify the 2nd Amendment?  (Read 6962 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 23, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »

Yes, obviously, with the understanding that 'militia' originally encompassed the entire citizenry as opposed to a narrowly defined government-armed and financed organization. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:36:15 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2006, 01:41:25 PM by Frodo »

To stand up to our own government today, to protect "a free State", would require nuclear weapons.

Um, no.  What Bono was demonstrating (I think) was that even a people with inferior weaponry to our own could stand up to the world's only superpower, and eventually force them to withdraw, as they had in Vietnam, and what they threaten to make us do in Iraq.  And as far as I know, they have no nuclear weapons.

Therefore, it follows that nuclear weapons are not required to stand up to our own government -though they can help in such an extreme circumstance.

Precisely the point! In order to stand up to even Iraq's dilapidated, demoralized little army required a vast system of command, control, communications centers, aircraft carrier battlegroups, laser-guided missiles, intelligence operations, and loads of tank battalions and mechanized infantry heavily trained, utilizing essentially blitzkreig tactics.

WTF?  You have a bizarre way of making points.  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies