Thai Parliament dissolved, new elections underway (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:36:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Thai Parliament dissolved, new elections underway (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thai Parliament dissolved, new elections underway  (Read 4649 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: February 24, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »

I heard that Thaksin was in trouble but I didn't thing that they would call snap elections. I really have no idea what the result will be. Will Sinawatra's rural backers countinue to support him in the polls or will there be enough of a backlash to allow the Democrats and other smaller parties to take power away from the Phak Thai Rak Thai.

Well it shows weakness certainly. Unless Thaksin and his party think that they can actually win more seats through these new elections it is mostly to try and alleviate discontent concerning his term as Prime Minister.

The real wild card in this whole situation is the King since he has the ultimate power to oust Sinawatra and the Phak Thai Rak Thai if he wants to but he has remained quiet on the situation and besides supporting the call for new elections he is probably going to not choose sides in this matter.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 02:55:23 PM »

I believe I have heard that the opposition will continue the boycott and boycott the new elections, both the ones to fill vacant seats and the new election called by the Acting PM.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies