Kurdish Solidarity Act of 2014
1. The Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) shall hereby no longer be considered a terrorist group by the Republic of Atlasia. Any and all restrictions placed upon donations to, or other financial or private military support for, the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and all affiliated organizations of it are hereby abolished.
2. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the independence of Kurdistan. Kurdistan, as understood by this Act, shall be defined as any region currently under the control of Kurdish armed forces within the boundaries of the extant state of Syria.
3. The Secretary of External Affairs is hereby directed to establish formal relations with the Kurdish self-administration government with all due haste and to begin a process whereby normal trade and diplomatic relations may begin no later than six (6) months following the passage of this legislation.
4. Recognizing that the borders of Kurdistan may change subject t the ongoing conflict with Islamic State actors in Syria, the Secretary of External Affairs is hereby empowered to recognize any additional territory gained by Kurdish forces as being an integral part of Kurdistan. The Senate may reject these recognitions by means of legislative action no later than six (6) months following said areas being recognized by the Secretary of External Affairs.
5. Unless otherwise stated, this Act shall take effect immediately upon its passage.