Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 22, 2014, 04:39:12 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] Print
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 207900 times)
Senator Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 09, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »
Ignore

And how would you rate my performance???

I don't think that has much to do with anything, really. No one's complaining about the job you've done. It's just about cleaning up the rules, really... The VP was never a particularly active office apart from acting as an adviser to the President and some minor Senate duties. You've been very active, Windjammer, but really the office itself doesn't require much. If we can clean up the rules, more's the better.

Gone
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 09, 2014, 03:57:10 pm »
Ignore

I don't think that has much to do with anything, really. No one's complaining about the job you've done. It's just about cleaning up the rules, really... The VP was never a particularly active office apart from acting as an adviser to the President and some minor Senate duties. You've been very active, Windjammer, but really the office itself doesn't require much. If we can clean up the rules, more's the better.

So this is my activity the problem? That's weird. That's someone worthy of Atlasia. A Justice failed to be impeached even if he didn't post during more than one month, and someone who just wants to be active, there is an attempt to strip him all of his duties.

Senator Cynic
Dr. Cynic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 09, 2014, 06:51:29 pm »
Ignore

So this is my activity the problem? That's weird. That's someone worthy of Atlasia. A Justice failed to be impeached even if he didn't post during more than one month, and someone who just wants to be active, there is an attempt to strip him all of his duties.

We've said it a dozen times. Your activity isn't the issue. The issue is that the rules are ambiguous at best and they should be fixed.

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:03 pm »
Ignore

The whole debate over whether the VP or a senator should administer the senate seems tangential to the whole point of Nix's proposal. The rules can be written in the same way giving the power entirely to the VP or entirely to a senator, the point is they are much clearer than the current mess.

In fact, Nix's proposal while needing a wee bit of tweaking and debate strikes me as very like the Northeast SOAP's, as in, easy to understand and administer. The Northeast's speaker (by the way, a non partisan office) changes almost every session, and each time, from cinci to cync to alfred to deus to whoever else, the result is effective administration. The same happening to the senate is unimaginable.

Let's not let controversy over the VP get in the way of this needed simplification of senate procedures.
GAworth
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 11, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »
Ignore

Ok, step back from the key board, think of happy thoughts, and then come back. I don't think everyone is having a problem with your activity, in fact I am glad to see an active VP. The rules do need to be cleared and as Bore said, the word speaker could be replaced with President, thus you would be in charge and that is not the main issue.

E: -3.87 S: -1.57
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: August 17, 2014, 11:46:11 am »
Ignore

For the energy sector debate, perhaps the Senate could look into a different model. There could be partial nationalization. I googled Statoil in Norway and it says it is owned 67% by government. Maybe we could have government control in a private sector setting (still need to make profit).

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout