Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2016, 11:24:40 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  General Senate Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 4331 times)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2016, 07:22:48 pm »
Ignore

What is the status of SSM in Atlasia? I know that with the new constitution we transferred over all the American federal laws, however because SSM was legalized by individual states and the supreme court, their is no federal law legalizing it. 
My interpretation is that how things are in America now is how it is in Atlasia. So same-sex marriage is legal.

Fmr. RG 1184AZ
1184AZ
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2016, 07:34:44 pm »
Ignore

What is the status of SSM in Atlasia? I know that with the new constitution we transferred over all the American federal laws, however because SSM was legalized by individual states and the supreme court, their is no federal law legalizing it. 
My interpretation is that how things are in America now is how it is in Atlasia. So same-sex marriage is legal.
The Confusion I had though is the fact DOMA and most of these SSM bans are still on the books but unenforceable, so does that mean these laws are unenforceable now, after all our constitution is not the same as the American one. Could someone propose legislation to clarify this potentially messy situation please?. What I don't want to see happen is for a similar situation as happened in Missouri in RL.     
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2016, 07:59:51 am »
Ignore

If this is the new constitution on amendments:

. The Congress, whenever two thirds of the membership of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall have power to propose amendments to this Constitution, which shall take effect following their ratification by two thirds of the several Regions.

two thirds of membership means what, the total of members in the body so 4/6 for Senate and 6/9 for House?

It doesn't depend on the number of legislators voting. If there is a vacancy is the membership total lower or it is always the total of seats in the constitution.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2016, 04:00:54 pm »
Ignore

In the GM law, the GM can be dismissed by the President with agreement of legislators but is there a time period for the GM mandate? Does it end at the same time as the Presidential term or ends when the GM decided to resign (or dismissed). 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »
Ignore

Suggestion and question on the Federal electoral Act.

Section 14:
Voter needs to post 10 times in the 8 weeks prior to the election.
We could make it 8 times, equivalent to once a week. Less votes would be thrown out because of number of posts.

Voter is deregistered after missing three federal elections. Are federal elections Presidential and House and Senate considered regional?

Section 6 on absentee voting
It doesn't give much time for a voter to vote by absentee ballot if a voter is gone all weekend. Vote can only occur after there is an official ballot (I think candidates can declare for House 1 day before the election. Maybe a voter who knows will be gone could not have to wait for the official ballot and send his ranking of candidates to the Secretary of Elections before the end of candidate declaration. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout