Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2017, 03:57:02 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  House Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 12208 times)
Clyde1998
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »
Ignore

In the pursuit of Tax, and Healthcare Reform of which my proposals are in the works, I decided this could be a comprehensive thing we could first sink our teeth into.
An Act
to send a receipt to each taxpayer on
where and how their money was spent by this government.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of Atlasia in Congress assembled...

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This shall be cited as the "Taxpayer Receipt Act of 2017"

SEC. 2. ITEMIZED FEDERAL TAX RECEIPT.

I. - Itemized Federal Tax Receipt:  The Internal Revenue Service is hereby authorized and mandated to send to every taxpayer who files an individual income tax return for any taxable year an itemized Federal tax receipt showing a proportionate allocation (in money terms) of the taxpayer's total tax payment for such taxable year among major expenditure categories for the fiscal year ending in such taxable year. The Federal tax receipt shall also include 2 separate line items showing the amount of Federal debt per legal Atlasian resident at the end of such fiscal year, and the amount of additional borrowing per legal Atlasian resident by the Federal Government in such fiscal year.

II. -  Timing Of Federal Tax Receipt: A Federal tax receipt shall be made available to each taxpayer as soon as practicable upon the processing of that taxpayer’s income tax return by the Internal Revenue Service.

III. - Use Of Technologies: The Internal Revenue Service is encouraged to utilize modern technologies such as electronic mail and the Internet to minimize the cost of sending Federal tax receipts to taxpayers. The Internal Revenue Service shall establish an interactive program on its Internet Web site to allow taxpayers to generate Federal tax receipts on their own.

SEC. 3. EFFECTIVE DATE.

This act shall apply to taxable years beginning after the date of the enactment of this Act.

I would enjoy a Representative sponsoring this for me.

I'll sponsor this for you. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout