Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 26, 2015, 01:31:06 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] Print
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 178920 times)
Senator JCL and the geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »
Ignore

Section VI shall be added to Labor Rights Act of 2012
Section VI: Sunday Rest
1) Workers,except in case when public safety might be compromised.   shall be able  to refuse  to work on Sunday for religious reasons without the risk of being fired.

I will co-sponsor this for the remainder of my term.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
David Brat (R/VA-7)
Mideast Senator windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:46 am »
Ignore

I approve JCL's cosponsorship.

Senator Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:38 am »
Ignore

In the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

A BILL

to establish the "Atlasian Policy Report" to inform the public and all levels of government of the status of policy in the Republic of Atlasia

Title: This bill shall be referred to as the "Policy Report Act"

1. A publicly owned newspaper shall be created, the "Atlasian Policy Report", in followowing abbreviated as "APR". The Speaker of the Senate shall be tasked with opening and maintaning a public thread for the APR in both the Fantasy Elections board and the Fantasy Government board.
2. Any Atlasian citizen with the necessary credentials shall be chosen by the Senate of Atlasia with a simple majority to run, edit and maintain the APR, according to the following clauses.
3. The editor of the APR shall monthly update the public on the current policy status of Atlasia in either one of the following fields:
i. Education policy
ii. Fiscal policy
iii. Energy and environmental policy
iv. Foreign and military policy
v. Welfare and social security policy
vi. Economical and labor policy
vii. Game reform and miscellaneous
4. The reports of the APR shall be edited into the wiki, accessible from the Federal Statute page, by either the Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia or the Deputy Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia.
5. The first report of the APR shall be posted no later than the first of the second month after ratification of this bill.

His Eminence, RPryor03, Metropolitan Archbishop of Newark
rpryor03
YaBB God
Bahamas

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 4.70

P P
View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 20, 2014, 12:08:27 pm »
Ignore

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST ASSOCIATE JUSTICE TORIE
Whenever a Justice of the Supreme Court shall have failed to participate in two consecutive rulings issued by the aforementioned court, an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Having failed to participate in two consecutive rulings (Atlasia v. Hifly15, Atlasia v. Alfred F. Jones), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Deputy Attorney General RPryor

My Views

Hon. R. Pryor III
Deputy Attorney General
Chairman of the Commission on Electoral Reform
Metropolitan Archbishop of Newark, Northeast Catholic Church

oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 20, 2014, 12:53:37 pm »
Ignore

Hi Mr. Deputy Attorney General,

"Rulings" refer to the judgement of the Court issued in a ruling on a lawsuit, rather than the sentencing in a trial, where only one judge presides. The other two judges do not - and constitutionally must not - intervene in the process, since appeals are referred to the entire Court. As such, it would actually be bizarre and improper for Justice Torie to have commented on either trial. I believe your interpretation of the law is thus invalid.

I love fedoras, I have a huge hat collection of fedoras, trilbies, bowler hats, pork pie hats, caps, berets, etc...
he turned in a very sour person wanting to ban pretty much anyone and complaining about everything.
bgwah
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: December 20, 2014, 06:50:43 pm »
Ignore

I agree with Oakvale. I will not be opening an impeachment thread based on your incorrect interpretation.

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 20, 2014, 07:55:00 pm »
Ignore

It is with a very heavy heart that I place this before the Senate for consideration. Justice Torie is a friend and has been for a very long time. It is clear, that at a time of considerable work for the Court, Justice Torie has not been able to be communicated with by fellow Justices. This includes him being called to preside in the trial of a sitting regional governor. The Supreme Court is a team, and I believe Justice Torie has let his active and engaged colleagues down.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;quote=4416897;topic=203653.0;num_replies=7;sesc=f19be817dbe10411498af49fd042d300

I am not basing this call based purely on not making two rulings (therefore an automatic set of proceedings), but due to his long-term issue of not being publicly active in relation to issues of the Court, despite having a presence in other forums. As well as his inability to respond to request to undertake his responsibilities both as a presiding justice as well as not being a participant in regular Court work.

In accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, I submit this for the attention of the Chief Justice and for the endorsement of fellow Senators.

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
His Eminence, RPryor03, Metropolitan Archbishop of Newark
rpryor03
YaBB God
Bahamas

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 4.70

P P
View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 20, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »
Ignore

It is with a very heavy heart that I place this before the Senate for consideration. Justice Torie is a friend and has been for a very long time. It is clear, that at a time of considerable work for the Court, Justice Torie has not been able to be communicated with by fellow Justices. This includes him being called to preside in the trial of a sitting regional governor. The Supreme Court is a team, and I believe Justice Torie has let his active and engaged colleagues down.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=post;quote=4416897;topic=203653.0;num_replies=7;sesc=f19be817dbe10411498af49fd042d300

I am not basing this call based purely on not making two rulings (therefore an automatic set of proceedings), but due to his long-term issue of not being publicly active in relation to issues of the Court, despite having a presence in other forums. As well as his inability to respond to request to undertake his responsibilities both as a presiding justice as well as not being a participant in regular Court work.

In accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, I submit this for the attention of the Chief Justice and for the endorsement of fellow Senators.

I thank Senator Polnut for introducing this. I fully agree.

My Views

Hon. R. Pryor III
Deputy Attorney General
Chairman of the Commission on Electoral Reform
Metropolitan Archbishop of Newark, Northeast Catholic Church

windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 20, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »
Ignore

I second this

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 21, 2014, 07:33:51 am »
Ignore

I'll third this
Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 29, 2014, 07:56:42 am »
Ignore

Reforming our prisons Bill 2014/5

Upon passage of this Bill, the Senate will create a panel of no more than 3 Senators to deliver a report, including a set of recommendations, to reform the Atlasian prison system.

A final report must be provided to the Senate by no later than 1 March 2015.

The report must discuss issues related but not limited to;
a) the administration of justice in relation to victimless or petty crimes;
b) the for-profit prison network
c) the fiscal impacts of current systems
d) greater national harmonization

Full membership of this panel must be constituted with 48 hours of this Bill being signed.

Senator TNF
TNF
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -6.00

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 29, 2014, 12:08:05 pm »
Ignore

I would like to cosponor that, Polnut.

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 29, 2014, 07:06:03 pm »
Ignore

I am happy for you to do so Senator

President LumineVonReuental
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 01, 2015, 11:44:20 am »
Ignore

A Resolution on the 2015 Budget Issue:

All the federal institutions of Atlasia will follow the guidelines of expenditures and tax collection from the Fiscal Year of 2014 Budget until a new budget is passed by the Senate, at which point this resolution will become null and void.
Senator TNF
TNF
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -6.00

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 02, 2015, 09:31:49 am »
Ignore

I assume you're asking someone to sponsor that for you, given that you have no right to introduce legislation?

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 02, 2015, 10:15:45 am »
Ignore

I'll sponsor it because that's the quickest way to bring it to the floor, but it will still take a while, possibly after the budget has passed, and, unfortunately, due to Article IX Section 3 I can't bring it to the floor straight away:

3. Neither the Senate nor the Speaker may suspend Article VIII (expulsion rules) or Article III, Section IV (rules on moving legislation to the Senate floor).
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 02, 2015, 11:38:05 am »
Ignore

I'll sponsor it because that's the quickest way to bring it to the floor, but it will still take a while, possibly after the budget has passed, and, unfortunately, due to Article IX Section 3 I can't bring it to the floor straight away:

3. Neither the Senate nor the Speaker may suspend Article VIII (expulsion rules) or Article III, Section IV (rules on moving legislation to the Senate floor).

Thanks, Bore! I believe it would be a good idea to amend the Senate rules at a later point to allow for two emergency executive slots.
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 15, 2015, 11:09:12 pm »
Ignore

Anyone interested in sponsoring this bill? I will also introduce two or three more during the night.

Federal Reserve Reform Act:

The Central Banking Reform Act of 2010 is amended as follows:

Section 2: Game Play Guidelines

Clause 1: The Federal Reserve Board, its chairman; the Federal Reserve Open Market Operations Committee; and the Regional Board chairman are to be non-playable positions within Atlasia.

Clause 2: The Game Moderator (GM) Department of Internal Affairs is task shall be tasked to simulate the actions of the Federal Reserve and report its actions via the principal officer or his deputies, who can be appointed as Federal Reserve Chair.

Clause 3: It will be the duty of the Department of Internal Affairs to acknowledge the economic indicators released by the Game Moderator (GM), and it will be able to conduct monetary policy in reaction to the state of the economy.

A. Monthly Reports shall be a “summary” (Length can be determined by the GM) of the events of the Federal Reserve meeting that occurred that month. The summary shall convey the Fed's (GM's ) expectation and outlook of growth and inflation over the next few months.  Summary Meetings shall occur between the 10th or 15th of the month. If necessary the GM can move it depending on his/her schedule.

B. The tri-monthly (every three months) report shall include decisions related to the Fed rate (increase, decrease, left the same) and any purchases of market assets by the FOMAC. In emergency situations, the Fed (GM) can modify monetary policy during the monthly Fed meetings.Policy meetings shall occur between the 15th and 20th of the month. If necessary the GM can move it depending on his/her schedule. The GM may also combine it in with a summary meeting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:11:27 pm by President LumineVonReuental »Logged
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 15, 2015, 11:18:32 pm »
Ignore

Amendment to the Senate Rules:

Article III, Section 1 is hereby amended to read:

1. The Speaker shall keep a thread on the Fantasy Government board for Senators to introduce legislation. This thread shall be known as the Legislation Introduction Thread. Only sitting Senators and the President of Atlasia may post in this thread. The Speaker shall also keep a separate thread listing all sponsored legislation in the Legislation Introduction Thread.

Article III, Section 3 is hereby amended to read:

3. The Speaker may keep up to eight nine threads open for voting and debate simultaneously. Each piece of legislation shall have a separate thread.

Article III, Section 5 is hereby amended to read:

5. The eighth and ninth open threads shall be reserved for legislation related to national emergencies declared by the President of Atlasia. The Speaker shall introduce legislation to thisese threads as directed by the President, but only when the President has declared a state of national emergency.

Article III, Section 6 is hereby amended to read:

6. Legislation shall no longer count toward the eightnine-thread limit when it is no longer on the Senate floor. Senate Legislation is no longer on the Senate floor under any of the following conditions:

(a) For bills - When the bill is forwarded to the President for action or rejected by a majority of voting Senators

(b) For resolutions - When the resolution is approved or rejected by a majority of voting Senators

(c) For Constitutional amendments - When the amendment is (1) approved by at least two-thirds of the Senators and the Speaker has posted a thread notifying the regional executives of that approval or (2) rejected by more than one-third of Senators after a vote is called

(d) For all legislation - When the legislation has been tabled
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:21:55 pm by President LumineVonReuental »Logged
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 15, 2015, 11:48:51 pm »
Ignore

Cabinet Reform Amendment:

Article II of the Constitution is hereby amended to read:

Section 4: The Cabinet:

1.- The Cabinet shall be formed by the following Executive Departments: Forum Affairs; State; Justice; Game Moderation and Interior.
2.- The Department of Forum Affairs is entrusted with administering all federal elections, and its Principal Officers will be the Registrar General, who shall preside over the Census Bureau, and the Secretary of Federal Elections, who shall preside over the Department of Federal Elections.
3.- The Department of State is entrusted with all foreign and defense affairs not considered under the prerrogatives of the Senate, and its Principal Officer shall be the Secretary of State.
4.- The Department of Justice is entrusted with the enforcement of the law and the Wiki recording of the Laws, and its Principal Officer shall be the Attorney General.
4.- The Department of Interior is entrusted with domestic and economic policy not falling under the Game Moderator, and its Principal Officer shall be the Secretary of Interior.
5.- The Department of Game Moderation is entrusted with establishing and informing about the real world events and situations of the Republic of Atlasia and the World, and its Principal Officer shall be the Game Moderator, who may at any time be removed by the Senate by a two thirds vote, without presidential approval.
6.- All of the Principal Officers of the Cabinet may appoint Deputies to handle specific government departments, agencies or responsibilities, with the advice and consent of the Senate, who shall all be registered voters.

Article V, Section 1 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read:

1. No person may simultaneously hold two or more offices of the Republic of Atlasia at any level of the government. An exception shall be made for members the Principal Officers of the President's cabinet, excluding the Game Moderator, who may serve in multiple cabinet posts, but not in addition to any other office. The Vice President may also be allowed to serve in a single cabinet post. Any person nominated to multiple offices, and any person already holding office nominated to another office as allowed above, shall still require Senate approval for each individual cabinet post. In the event that a Vice President who holds a cabinet post becomes Acting President, the Vice President shall designate an Acting Secretary to exercise the powers of that cabinet post while he or she serves as Acting President. The Senate shall, by appropriate legislation, have the power to place further limitations on the holding of multiple offices within the President's cabinet.

Article VIII, Section 2 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read:

These Executive Departments are hereby established: Forum Affairs, which shall be made up of the Census Bureau and the Department of Federal Elections; External Affairs; and Internal Affairs.
        The Principal Officers of Forum Affairs shall be the Registrar General, who shall preside over the Census Bureau, and the Secretary of Federal Elections, who shall preside over the Department of Federal Elections
        The Principal Officer of External Affairs shall be a Secretary.
        The Principal Officer of Internal Affairs shall be a Secretary.
    The Department of Forum Affairs shall be responsible for administering all federal elections.

1. The candidacy declaration deadline for regular and special federal elections shall be determined by the Senate via appropriate legislation.
2. The procedure for absentee voting shall be determined by the Senate via appropriate legislation or by the Secretary of Federal Elections in the absence of such legislation.
    The President shall appoint a Game Moderator with the advice and consent of the Senate.
        The Game Moderator may at any time be dismissed by the President.
        The Game Moderator may at any time be removed by the Senate by a two thirds vote, without presidential approval.
Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: January 16, 2015, 01:49:45 pm »
Ignore

I'll sponsor those three
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:56:06 pm by Senator bore »Logged
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 16, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »
Ignore

Article 1, Section 4, Clause 5 shall be amended to read:
If a vacancy shall occur in a Class B Senate seat, more than twenty-one days before the regularly scheduled election for that seat, then a special election shall be called to fill the remainder of the vacated term within one week of the vacancy occurring; Special elections to the Senate shall begin within ten days of the vacancy occurring and shall begin between midnight Eastern Standard Time on a Thursday and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after beginning., where the concerned ex-Senator is a member of major party at the time the vacancy arises, the same party shall be responsible for filling the vacancy by whatever means they deem fit and the party's leader shall inform the Senate of its decision.

Senator Cris
Cris
YaBB God
Italy

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 17, 2015, 12:47:20 pm »
Ignore

Public non binding consultations Amendment.

1. A Senator that desire to present a request for the fixation of a public non binding consultation should present a proposal in the Legislation Introduction Thread with the exact question or questions to be put on the ballot.

2. After the presentation of the proposal in the Legislation Introduction Thread, the Speaker of the Senate shall immediately open a thread.

3. The Senators that want to support the fixation of a public non binding consultation shall declare their support for the proposal in the thread opened by the Speaker of the Senate.

4. To be considered valid, the proposal of fixation of a public non binding consultation shall have the support of the 40% of the Senators (4 Senators, including the proponent).

5. The voting booth shall be opened by the Secretary of Federal Elections the first thursday after 7 days after the passage of the proposal by the Senate and remains open for 72 hours thereafter.

6. The options for voters are Aye, Nay and Abstain.

7. After the conclusion and the certification of the votes, the Secretary of Federal Elections shall inform the Senate by posting in the Senate thread opened by the Speaker of the Senate.

Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 17, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »
Ignore

Public Consultation Bill 2015

1. In order to increase the public's connection to the legislation debated and passed in it's name, a specific thread should be opened to be called "Public submissions". This will enable members of the public to provide specific submissions on legislation before the Senate.

2. This thread will be opened and stickied in the main Atlas Fantasy Government thread.

windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 19, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »
Ignore

I would like to withdraw the  VP abolition bill

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: