Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2017, 09:50:53 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Cast your Ballot in the 2016 Mock Election

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  House Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: House Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 15420 times)
Clyde1998
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »
Ignore

In the pursuit of Tax, and Healthcare Reform of which my proposals are in the works, I decided this could be a comprehensive thing we could first sink our teeth into.
An Act
to send a receipt to each taxpayer on
where and how their money was spent by this government.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of Atlasia in Congress assembled...

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This shall be cited as the "Taxpayer Receipt Act of 2017"

SEC. 2. ITEMIZED FEDERAL TAX RECEIPT.

I. - Itemized Federal Tax Receipt:  The Internal Revenue Service is hereby authorized and mandated to send to every taxpayer who files an individual income tax return for any taxable year an itemized Federal tax receipt showing a proportionate allocation (in money terms) of the taxpayer's total tax payment for such taxable year among major expenditure categories for the fiscal year ending in such taxable year. The Federal tax receipt shall also include 2 separate line items showing the amount of Federal debt per legal Atlasian resident at the end of such fiscal year, and the amount of additional borrowing per legal Atlasian resident by the Federal Government in such fiscal year.

II. -  Timing Of Federal Tax Receipt: A Federal tax receipt shall be made available to each taxpayer as soon as practicable upon the processing of that taxpayer’s income tax return by the Internal Revenue Service.

III. - Use Of Technologies: The Internal Revenue Service is encouraged to utilize modern technologies such as electronic mail and the Internet to minimize the cost of sending Federal tax receipts to taxpayers. The Internal Revenue Service shall establish an interactive program on its Internet Web site to allow taxpayers to generate Federal tax receipts on their own.

SEC. 3. EFFECTIVE DATE.

This act shall apply to taxable years beginning after the date of the enactment of this Act.

I would enjoy a Representative sponsoring this for me.

I'll sponsor this for you. Smiley
Representative CMB222
CMB222
United States

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2017, 09:06:58 am »
Ignore

Bioengineered Food Disclosure Act
To require food companies to disclose whether their products have been genetically modified.

Section 1: Definitions
(a)   Bioengineering – food that contains genetic material that has been modified through in vitro recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) techniques; and for which the modification could not otherwise be obtained through conventional breeding or found in nature.

Section 2: Regulations
(a)   Require that a form of disclosure be included on food in the form of text.
(b)   Disclosure text shall read: “This product has been genetically modified”.

Endorsements:
2017 French Presidential Election: Francois Fillon
2017 UK General Election: Conservative
2017 German Federal Election: CDU (Angela Merkel)

People's Representative (ACP-KS): May 30 -
Governor Leinad
Leinad
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.23, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2017, 07:56:41 pm »
Ignore

Me and Peebs threw this together, although it's mostly just stolen from an old bill:

Quote from: The Absentee Voting Act Of 2017
Section 1: Absentee Voting

1. All voters shall have the right to cast absentee votes after the candidacy declaration period has expired.
2. Upon the candidacy declaration deadline occurring the Secretary of Federal Elections shall publicly post that absentee voting application has opened. In the event of runoff elections, once the need for a runoff election is known, the Secretary of Federal Elections shall publicly post that absentee voting application has opened.
3. Voters wishing to apply for an absentee vote shall notify this publicly in a manner specified by the Secretary of Federal Elections.
4. The Secretary of Federal Elections shall then grant the request to absentee vote publicly, at which point the voter may proceed to vote in the Absentee Voting Booth.
5. Absentee Voters shall post their votes in the same format as if it were a regular ballot, and they shall be subject to the same rules and regulations as regular ballots.

Section 2: Disqualification from Absentee Voting

1. Should an Absentee Voter post more than 5 times anywhere on the Atlas Forum in the regular election period, their absentee vote shall be nullified and treated as non extant.
2. Any person who has their absentee vote nullified may vote again by regular ballot.
3. Any person who votes by regular ballot after voting by absentee ballot, shall have their absentee ballot treated as non-extant.
4. Persons who attempt to vote in the Absentee thread without prior notification of the Secretary of Federal Elections shall have that vote treated as non-extant.

I will have more bills in the coming days...stay tuned...

Peebs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -6.43

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »
Ignore

Co-sponsoring Leinad's bill.

Clyde1998
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2017, 04:20:29 pm »
Ignore

Renewable Energy Rebate and Subsidy Act
An act to provide a rebate to individuals and companies who produce renewable energy; to provide a subsidy to individuals and companies who install renewable energy sources.

1. Rebates
a. A rebate shall be provided per every kilowatt hour of energy produced through renewable sources at a rate of $0.025.
b. An additional rebate shall be provide per every excess kilowatt hour of energy produced through renewable energy sources at a rate of $0.05.

2. Subsidies
a. The Federal Government shall provide a subsidy at a rate of up to 10% of the cost of installation to assist with the costs of installing renewable energy sources.

3. Costs
a. The Federal Government shall make $15 billion available in the first year of the scheme to cover the costs of this bill.
b. The Federal Government shall make $10 billion available in the following years of the scheme to cover the costs of this bill.
People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2017, 12:46:01 pm »
Ignore

House Bill
To reform and regionalize the public healthcare system by creating a uniform public healthcare option, while devolving major regulatory authority to regions and ensuring universal access to healthcare regardless of income or age.

Be it enacted in both Houses of Congress Assembled,
This Bill is to be Entitled: The Reforming and Regionalizing Public Healthcare Act of 2017

95% Complete WIP

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2017, 07:59:26 am »
Ignore

reserved

b/c it just occured to me that might require two posts Tongue

House Majority Leader Haslam2020
Haslam2020
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2017, 05:03:43 pm »
Ignore

Preservation of our Future Act:

1. All companies, corporations, etc. found dumping their waste , or any unsafe byproduct into rivers and streams shall be fined 50,000 dollars and if discovered to happen again, shall be evicted from their current factory/where the problem came from, or shut down.

Prime Minister Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2017, 06:56:28 pm »
Ignore

AN ACT
to uphold the rule of law, preserve
the federal Union, and allow for the
elimination of domestic terrorism

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Northern Separatist Terrorist Designation Act." It may be cited as the "Northern Separatist Act."

Section 2 (Preamble)
i. WHEREAS, the organization styling itself the "National Lincoln Liberty Coalition" has taken deliberate action to target and kill Atlasian citizens on our soil;

ii. WHEREAS, they have as their stated aim the illegal separation of the Lincoln Region from Atlasia;

iii. WHEREAS, they have perpetrated acts of mass violence against the citizens of the Lincoln Region in pursuance of their despicable agenda;

iv. WHEREAS, they have lately abducted the Secretary of Federal Elections, and threatened unspecified harm against her and the Atlasian people should this Republic not cede to their demands;

be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia:

Section 3 (Designation)
i. The organization styling itself as the "National Lincoln Liberty Coalition (NLLC)" is hereby designated a terrorist organization.
ii. The Attorney General shall have power to designate any persons or groups of persons affiliated with the aforementioned NLLC as terrorists under the laws of the Republic of Atlasia.

Owen Smith, MP     
Owen Smith
YaBB God
★★★★★

Mock Parliament Revival
« on: February 1, 2012 at 07:15:20 am »

Labour MP for Wales and Foreign Secretary for the United Kingdom
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 23, 2017, 03:04:37 pm »
Ignore

AN ACT
to uphold the rule of law, preserve
the federal Union, and allow for the
elimination of domestic terrorism

Section 1 (Title)
i. The long title of this Act shall be, the "Northern Separatist Terrorist Designation Act." It may be cited as the "Northern Separatist Act."

Section 2 (Preamble)
i. WHEREAS, the organization styling itself the "National Lincoln Liberty Coalition" has taken deliberate action to target and kill Atlasian citizens on our soil;

ii. WHEREAS, they have as their stated aim the illegal separation of the Lincoln Region from Atlasia;

iii. WHEREAS, they have perpetrated acts of mass violence against the citizens of the Lincoln Region in pursuance of their despicable agenda;

iv. WHEREAS, they have lately abducted the Secretary of Federal Elections, and threatened unspecified harm against her and the Atlasian people should this Republic not cede to their demands;

be it enacted by the Congress of the Republic of Atlasia:

Section 3 (Designation)
i. The organization styling itself as the "National Lincoln Liberty Coalition (NLLC)" is hereby designated a terrorist organization.
ii. The Attorney General shall have power to designate any persons or groups of persons affiliated with the aforementioned NLLC as terrorists under the laws of the Republic of Atlasia.

Not quite sure of the background of this beyond the reports on the AFE board by the GM, but I guess I will sponsor this for the Attorney General. Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout