Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 06:24:55 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Swearing in of New Officeholders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 71 Print
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 142839 times)
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:33 am »
Ignore

My sincerest apologies, Sam. I viewed TN's most recent posts, found the one where he withdrew from the Senate race, found no mention of resigning, and only looked at the posts below that on the same page to make sure. The resignation, two days before that, is on the next page. Sad Sorry!

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Sam Spade
SamSpade
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:50 am »
Ignore

My sincerest apologies, Sam. I viewed TN's most recent posts, found the one where he withdrew from the Senate race, found no mention of resigning, and only looked at the posts below that on the same page to make sure. The resignation, two days before that, is on the next page. Sad Sorry!

No problem, Lewis.  When Bono appointed me to the spot, I checked and made sure that TN2024 actually resigned before accepting the position.  Smiley
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2007, 07:59:58 am »
Ignore

I, Al Widdershins, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Mideast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2007, 08:30:45 am »
Ignore

I, Al Widdershins, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Mideast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Al, I believe you cannot swear in yet according to Article 1, Section 4, Clause 7 of the constitution:

Those elected in ordinary elections to the Senate shall take office at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election. Those elected in special elections to the Senate shall take office as soon as the result of their election has been formally declared.

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:41 am »
Ignore

Al, I believe you cannot swear in yet according to Article 1, Section 4, Clause 7 of the constitution:

Those elected in ordinary elections to the Senate shall take office at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election. Those elected in special elections to the Senate shall take office as soon as the result of their election has been formally declared.

Oh, I am perfectly well aware of that Smiley

You see, I thought that it would be nice of me to start as I mean to continue, so to speak.

Smiley

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01:49 am »
Ignore

I, Jas, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2007, 11:05:31 am »
Ignore

Let's swear in again Smiley

Smiley

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2007, 11:27:21 am »
Ignore

Let's swear in again Smiley

Smiley
noon EST = 1pm EDT

Will you swear a third time? Cheesy

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:09 pm »
Ignore

noon EST = 1pm EDT

Damn you and your funny timezones! Angry Grin

Will you swear a third time? Cheesy

Why ever not? Smiley

Smiley

Јas
Jas
YaBB God
Malawi

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:32 pm »
Ignore

noon EST = 1pm EDT

Damn you and your funny timezones! Angry Grin
^^^^^^^^^

I, Jas, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Funny 'cause it's true:
Very few people seriously allow facts to affect their opinions.

only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2007, 03:28:46 pm »
Ignore

I, Lewis Trondheim, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Midwest Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

EDIT: Did I say Mideast? Really? Can't be. You musta misheard.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Keystone Phil
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2007, 04:36:28 pm »
Ignore

I, Keystone Phil, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Never any doubt.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2007, 06:44:32 pm »
Ignore

Based on precedent when Hawk was presiding over the Senate, early swearing ins were recognized (Nov. 2006). I did it myself when I took over (since I had work that day) in January. So I will recognize everyone's first attempt at swearing in. (Obviously, this would only apply to Senators.)

A Republican - at least for a little while
Colin
ColinW
YaBB God
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2007, 03:18:10 am »
Ignore

I would like to hearby resign my Senate seat in order to take up the office of the President. I will be fully dispatched to execute my duties tomorrow morning.

I, Colin Wixted, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the Republic of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

"God protects fools, drunks, and the United States of America" - Otto Von Bismarck

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." - Seneca the Younger

Quote from: Conservapedia
Thanks to Bryan's victory in the Scopes trial, Tennessee voters have been educated without oppressive evolution theory for 75 years. Free from the liberal indoctrination, Tennessee voted against native son Al Gore in the 2000 Presidential election.
Hatman
EarlAW
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -6.00

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10:25 pm »
Ignore

I, Earl A. Washburn, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 1 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 10:10:01 pm by Senator EarlAW »Logged

http://canadianelectionatlas.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @EarlWashburn
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:28 pm »
Ignore

I don't think I did this...oops...

I, King (and all of my aliases), do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:06 am »
Ignore

I, Ernest, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of External Affairs and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

People find meaning and redemption in the most unusual human connections. Khaled Hosseini
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:26 pm »
Ignore

I, Mr. Moderate, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2007, 11:32:38 pm »
Ignore

I, bullmoose88, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Justice of the Supreme Court and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2007, 10:40:57 am »
Ignore

I'll do this now as I may not be here this weekend!

I, Afleitch, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 3 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2007, 11:26:52 am »
Ignore

1) I, Mr. Moderate, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the District 2 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

2) I hereby resign my position of Northeast Region Senator, effective immediately.

Mr Moderate at 54/10 is a total joke, he is a horror.

I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.
MAS117
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2007, 12:11:54 pm »
Ignore

I, MAS117, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Northeast and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Verily
Cuivienen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 03:25:34 pm »
Ignore

I, Verily, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 06:57:35 pm »
Ignore

I, AndrewCT, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Northeast and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 10:45:39 pm »
Ignore

I, Rockefeller Republican do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Northeast and the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 71 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout