Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 28, 2014, 05:23:52 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Swearing in of New Officeholders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 129119 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 03, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »
Ignore

Senator-elect Seatown, you were elected to serve a term beginning with the 49th Senate. As this is the still the 48th Senate, your oath is invalid and all votes you have cast and bills introduced are likewise. You may swear in any time after Noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow.

Ben was appointed to a fill an unfinished term left vacant by the expulsion of MoPolitico.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 03, 2012, 03:42:57 pm »
Ignore

Senator-elect Seatown, you were elected to serve a term beginning with the 49th Senate. As this is the still the 48th Senate, your oath is invalid and all votes you have cast and bills introduced are likewise. You may swear in any time after Noon Eastern Standard Time tomorrow.

Ben was appointed to a fill an unfinished term left vacant by the expulsion of MoPolitico.
Where can you see when the terms are supposed to start?
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 03, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »
Ignore

In my mind where it has been since then PPT MasterJedi told me about in an AIM chat prior to my swearing in for the first time, which is the same way it has been handled ever since. Tongue

But if three years experience isn't good enough, then there is always the Article 1, Section 4, Clause 7 of the Constitution:

7.Those elected in ordinary elections to the Senate shall take office at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election. Those elected in special elections to the Senate shall take office as soon as the result of their election has been formally declared.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:04 am »
Ignore

I, wormyguy, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

I also resign as Northeast Assemblyman.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: May 04, 2012, 11:01:36 am »
Ignore

EASTERN STANDARD TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: May 04, 2012, 11:02:38 am »
Ignore

It is only 11:03 AM in Atlasia, Senate Procedures don't use Daylight Savings Time. God damn that Woodrow Wilson!!!

Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 04, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »
Ignore

I, wormyguy, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

I also resign as Northeast Assemblyman.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 04, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »
Ignore

Now it is time. Tongue

Lt. Governor TJ
TJ in Cleve
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 04, 2012, 12:13:34 pm »
Ignore

I, TJ in Cleve, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 04, 2012, 01:38:12 pm »
Ignore

I, Clarence, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:26 pm »
Ignore

I, seatown, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 05, 2012, 09:53:28 am »
Ignore

I, AndrewCT, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me NC Yankee

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 05, 2012, 12:01:02 pm »
Ignore

My deitification in your oath may cause legal problems for your Senate actions. I would recommend redoing it, right. Tongue

Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:37 am »
Ignore

My deitification in your oath may cause legal problems for your Senate actions. I would recommend redoing it, right. Tongue

Eh, it'll do. It always does.

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Senator Alfred F. Jones
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 14, 2012, 05:13:59 am »
Ignore

I Alfred F. Jones, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Northeast Representative, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dsve.

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

Iron King SJoyce
sjoycefla
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 14, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »
Ignore

I, SJoyceFla, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of External Affairs, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:06 pm »
Ignore

I, ZuWo, do solemnly  affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Governor and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1017 on: May 27, 2012, 05:45:10 pm »
Ignore

I, HappyWarrior, do solemnly  affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Assemblyman and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Svensson
NVTownsend
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 28, 2012, 05:23:01 pm »
Ignore

I, NVTownsend, do solemnly  affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Pacific Governor and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Pacific Region, by the old Daves and the new.
A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 28, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
Ignore

I, A-Bob, do solemnly  affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Assemblyman and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.

Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: June 05, 2012, 12:11:12 am »
Ignore

I, Inks.LWC, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Assemblyman, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of Atlasia and of the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.
--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 13, 2012, 04:02:06 pm »
Ignore

I resign as IDS legislator.
Senator Griffin (LAB-NB)
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 18, 2012, 11:52:30 pm »
Ignore

I, Adam Griffin, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of IDS Legislator and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

I don't have to meet a certain standard in order for God to allow me into heaven.
Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.32, S: -5.74

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:50 am »
Ignore

I, Jbrase, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Imperial Legislator, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Imperial Dominion of the South, so help me Nym90.

AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 21, 2012, 05:30:06 am »
Ignore

By the old gods and the new, I, Averroës Nix, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Northeast Governor, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia and the New Northeast Constitution.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout