Swearing in of New Officeholders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:31:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of New Officeholders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 166
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 565798 times)
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2006, 05:14:40 PM »

Just to fix any legal loopholes that may have fired me, I hereby swear in once again.

I, EarlAW, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 1 and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

No.  Ebowed fired you.  You were never reelected.  Colin, please declare this invalid immediately.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »

Just to fix any legal loopholes that may have fired me, I hereby swear in once again.

I, EarlAW, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 1 and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

I'm sorry to say this Earl but until this mess is sorted out and this whole thing is figured out I declare this swearing in invalid until further notice or until superceded by the Chief Justices authority. It may not be right Earl but I have no idea what, lawfully or Constitutionally, is going on.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

I, TexasGurl, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Associate Justice, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 08:59:45 PM »

I, Cosmo Kramer, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 09:04:39 PM »

I, Cosmo Kramer, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Sounds great except you haven't been confirmed and you're an ignorant as*hole.  Obviously you are not recognized as Attorney General. 
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 09:06:59 PM »

Obviously you are not recognized as Attorney General. 

Seeing as you hold no offices, how do you have the authority to make this claim?

I do hold office (I'm a Senator), but that has nothing to do with my authority.  My authority is derived from something called the Constitution which you've decided to ignore.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2006, 09:07:41 PM »

Sounds great except you haven't been confirmed and you're an ignorant as*hole.  Obviously you are not recognized as Attorney General. 
I am recognized by Ebowed, and that is what matters.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2006, 09:10:05 PM »

To add to the fun and anarchy, I hereby swear myself in as GM.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2006, 09:14:04 PM »

No, the Constitution stipulates a Senate confirmation is mandated.  That is a limit on executive power that cannot be denied.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2006, 09:15:09 PM »

No, the Constitution stipulates a Senate confirmation is mandated.  That is a limit on executive power that cannot be denied.

Anything is possible when youre Ebowed the SuperFascist!
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

I have been confirmed by the Senate, according to the executive.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 09:22:26 PM »

To add to the fun and anarchy, I hereby swear myself in as GM.

You don't swear into the GM position, idiot.
I know that, but I figured Id give you one more thing to piss and moan about.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 09:23:55 PM »

I have been confirmed by the Senate, according to the executive.

The executive does not declare confirmations, according to the Constitution.  The PPT and VP do.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:56 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.

Just as a reminder:  Harry never swore himself in as Governor and therefore was never Governor.

I am now taking the oath as Governor.

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2006, 10:39:25 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.
Just as a reminder:  Harry never swore himself in as Governor and therefore was never Governor.

I am now taking the oath as Governor.

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.

This is illegal.  You resigned the office of Lieutenant Governor.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2006, 08:05:12 AM »

I, Bono, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of the Treasury, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2006, 02:37:05 PM »

Bumping for Cosmo Kramer and Texasgurl, you guys need to swear in.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2006, 02:42:16 PM »

Bumping for Cosmo Kramer and Texasgurl, you guys need to swear in.
I already have.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »

It was not valid becasue you were not confirmed at time, swear in again.

Oh ya and jedi:

I, TexasGurl, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Associate Justice, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »

As I judge it; I was confirmed.  This faux confirmation recently occuring was dillatory.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2006, 04:01:59 PM »

As I judge it; I was confirmed.  This faux confirmation recently occuring was dillatory.

The Constitution you are supposed to uphold found your executive confirmation to be meaningless and the recent one to be all that mattered.  If you do not swear in again, you can expect a lawsuit.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2006, 04:08:21 PM »

The Constitution you are supposed to uphold found your executive confirmation to be meaningless and the recent one to be all that mattered.  If you do not swear in again, you can expect a lawsuit.
Oh joy.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2006, 04:09:43 PM »

Oh joy.

It just may be your first case as Chief Justice Emmy Smiley
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »

The Constitution you are supposed to uphold found your executive confirmation to be meaningless and the recent one to be all that mattered.
It did?  Did "the constitution" send you a pm telling you that?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »

The Constitution you are supposed to uphold found your executive confirmation to be meaningless and the recent one to be all that mattered.
It did?  Did "the constitution" send you a pm telling you that?

No, but I can read.  I know people in Arkansas struggle with reading, I apologize if that's why you have been violating the Constitution left and right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 166  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies