Swearing in of New Officeholders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:55:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of New Officeholders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 572625 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: June 28, 2006, 01:14:51 AM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 10:35:56 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.

Just as a reminder:  Harry never swore himself in as Governor and therefore was never Governor.

I am now taking the oath as Governor.

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Southeast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southeast, so help me Dave.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 01:12:05 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Southeast Region of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Southeast and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 07:20:29 PM »

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 02:40:30 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Southeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 06:18:12 AM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Southeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
TN didn't resign, he just withdrew from running for reelection. Your term doesn't begin until July 6th.

Que?  What is this, then?

I hereby resign, effective immediately, from my Senate seat in the Southeast.

That being said, my gloves are now off, and I have a few things to say.

I am currently a full time student at the University of Texas, I am on a full ride scholarship but must fulfill a near perfect GPA and, as many have described it, an "insane" class schedule. On top of this I am an aide for a State Representative and I am often the only person manning the Representative's office here in Austin, what staffers normally make decent money for, I do for free. You might take a look at my activity charts and note that nearly all of my forum activity takes place on either my lunch hours or midnight and beyond. This is when I have a little time here and there between not only the classes and job, but the homework and assignments form the classes I take.

To Sam Spade, good luck, but in the meantime, DO NOT, for one moment, talk about your running for Senate as anything other than what it is, opportunism. DWTL has not been a Senator, and does not deserve to be one. He was not elected "by the voice of the people" he was elected in a widely ignored by-election. Therefore I have no qualms about trying to remove him

Second, your announcement is of course an underhand attack on the fact I haven't introduced legislation, other than the reasons I have already stated, I can offer no explanation, indeed I knew I was sorely lacking in that field. But, and I suggest everyone look back and remember this, on viable legislation I often had much to say, often my statements met with agreement and legislation was changed, but I do not claim to have been anything special. I therefore ask you not to claim to be running to "intend to bring order, civility, moderation and bipartisanship back to the Senate" it was there to begin with, and did not need some magical savior.

In my time in the Senate I voted for personal freedom, and Atlasian growth, I maintained decorum and took action that was, in my opinion, needed to help Atlasia continue to grow.

I hope every Atlasian knows that I will never play games with votes, I will never avoid controversy or conflict in election time in order to assure my re-election, I will always serve the government with nothing but the truth, and will never capitalize on tragedy or emotion. I leave with not a mark on my conscience, my record, or my excitement about this game.

If not in the Senate let me assure everyone that I will find a way to bring entertainment to this game, indeed if I do stop working in the Texas House in August as I intend to, we may see a more Conservative response to the Ebowed News, which I know many of my friends have been longing for.

Atlasia above self,

TN2024
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »

My sincerest apologies, Sam. I viewed TN's most recent posts, found the one where he withdrew from the Senate race, found no mention of resigning, and only looked at the posts below that on the same page to make sure. The resignation, two days before that, is on the next page. Sad Sorry!

No problem, Lewis.  When Bono appointed me to the spot, I checked and made sure that TN2024 actually resigned before accepting the position.  Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:34:28 PM »

I, South Park Conservative, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Midwest and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Ilikeverin's not going to be happy with this.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Atlasia and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »

Why are you swearing in for Lt. Gov, Gov?  Btw, Southeast elected officials technically don't have to swear in to take their position in government.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 10:49:04 AM »

I, Sam Spade, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies