CO-Gov: Dem leads (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov: Dem leads (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO-Gov: Dem leads  (Read 1347 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: February 25, 2006, 03:33:30 PM »

True it’s a libertarian leaning state but Ritter and Casey are both examples of strong pro-life Democratic candidates who the party should have been more ready to support in the past… thankfully it seems that the almost fascist attitude of some on the far left of the party which saw Robert Casey bared from speaking at the ’92 DNC

Oh god, not this lie again. Casey was left off the DNC Speaker list in 1992 because he didn't support Clinton for president, not because he was pro-life.

But keep repeating that lie if it makes you feel better. And that "fascist" comment makes you look like a real jackass.

I wish abortion wasn’t politicised as it is, not in that it shouldn’t be an issue but its just destructive for one party to be 90% pro-life and the other 90% pro-choice and each largely intolerant of the other… its one of the many issues which is destroying civil politics in the USA.

It is an issue that affects the civil rights of 51% of the population! If you were a woman, would you want the government controlling your reproductive decisions??  I think its hard for most men to really understand and empathize because it doesn't directly affect them.

I love how some conservative Democrats and populist Republicans make Bob Casey Sr. out to be some freaking martyr.  He also let the barn door open for Santorum in 1994 by not supporting Harris Wofford's re-election.  Casey Sr. was an excellent governor on economic policies, but politically he was a douchebag.  Now we have to elect his son to rectify what his old man did in 1994.  Thanks!

Pennsylvania is a marginally pro-choice state, but less than Colorado.  However the pro-life/pro-choice divide also crosses party lines quite fiercely in this state being a lot of pro-life Dems in Western and Northeastern PA and a lot of pro-choice Republicans in Southeastern PA's suburbs.  I do think once we clear Santorum out of the Senate and Specter keels over, the Democrats should in fact pick a solid pro-choice candidate, but one who is against partial birth abortion and favors minor restrictions.  I think enough old school Dems are fed up with Bush and Medicare that they will vote for a pro-choice Dem so long as they weren't militant about it and fairly moderate with the issue.  The only reason Casey is killing Santorum is because of the namesake, not the abortion issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies