Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 08:14:11 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  In 2012 Obama won 10 of Kentucky's 11 largest cities
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: In 2012 Obama won 10 of Kentucky's 11 largest cities  (Read 9740 times)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2013, 02:05:49 pm »
Ignore

Bill Brady won 98 out of 102 counties in Illinois and still lost. Is that also unfair?

Upset: Hogan wins in Maryland
Bold Prediction: Deal wins outright, avoiding a runoff
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2013, 02:27:51 pm »
Ignore

Bill Brady won 98 out of 102 counties in Illinois and still lost. Is that also unfair?

The GOP reaps what it sows.

Try this wonderful POPULIST BLOG...

http://onlinelunchpail.blogspot.com
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
YaBB God
Spain

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2013, 06:44:59 pm »
Ignore

Does Kentucky have cities?!

My evolution (by The Political Matrix):
E: -6.06 -> -6.97 -> -6.97 -> -8.13 -> -7.29 -> -8.26 -> -8.65 -> -7.03
S: -6.78 -> -6.09 -> -7.30 -> -7.13 -> -8.09 -> -8.35 -> -9.04 -> -8.61
bullmoose88
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »
Ignore

But Obama surely won all one vote in New America right?  Isn't that what counts?

A Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative NE Republican with some Left-Libertarian/3rd Way Leanings. Simply, a Rockefeller Republican.

According to one poster, I represent a...

Dying bread of Americans.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2013, 09:55:45 pm »
Ignore

But Obama surely won all one vote in New America right?  Isn't that what counts?

Don't be so sure, since Jill Stein was on the ballot.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.74, S: -2.09

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 10:16:32 pm »
Ignore

The GOP reaps what it sows.
That's not really answering the question, as I could throw the exact same response back at you for Democrats.

Upset: Hogan wins in Maryland
Bold Prediction: Deal wins outright, avoiding a runoff
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 02:03:46 pm »
Ignore

Nor surprising. More and more, in most elections around the world left=city, right=countryside (through, there is exceptions like Scandinavia).

There plenty of examples. Saying  left=city, right=countryside is really an oversimplyfication.

I'm quite aware. In my home area (Val-d'Or), the city is more right-wing than the rural areas around it.
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -7.65

P P
View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:43 pm »
Ignore

The rural countryside is more powerful than the 11 biggest cities in Kentucky, especially the extremely republican south central part, so yes. It's just a part of being in a state where you're the opposite party of the state. I have to deal with the fact that Milwaukee and Madison control Wisconsin's vote most of the time.
PeteHam
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: 3.57

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 11:30:52 am »
Ignore

Baltimore bosses this entire state around. Do I often disagree with the result of that? Yes. Do I wish it wasn't like that? Yes. But is it stupid to claim that anyone's vote should count more than anyone else's because of where they live? Double yes.

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 12:40:49 pm »
Ignore

Baltimore bosses this entire state around.

Well, maybe it needs to.

Boone and Jackson counties boss the entire state of Kentucky around, so fair is fair.

memphis
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »
Ignore

Baltimore bosses this entire state around. Do I often disagree with the result of that? Yes. Do I wish it wasn't like that? Yes. But is it stupid to claim that anyone's vote should count more than anyone else's because of where they live? Double yes.
Baltimore City and County combined are only about a quarter of Maryland's population, but it's still more plausible than claiming that Boone and Jackson boss around KY when they make up a tiny percentage of population and aren't especially wealthy.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:50:10 pm by memphis »Logged

I cannot do anything good under my own power. 
I don't want my women talking to people
stepney
United Kingdom
View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 03:53:33 pm »
Ignore

In Kentucky, Obama won 10 of the state's 11 biggest cities. In fact, he won each of the 7 largest cities.

Yet Romney gets all 8 electoral votes.

Is that fair?

What kind of question is that?

God, douse this thread in fifty shades of petrol and burn it into the ground. I know this forum has a place for left-wing hackery, but I didn't know it could get this bad.

NB If I thought the OP was having a joke I wouldn't say this. But it seems plain it's no joke

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 08:36:18 pm »
Ignore

NB If I thought the OP was having a joke I wouldn't say this. But it seems plain it's no joke

The cities being denied fair representation is no joke. This is an issue of taxation without representation.

Flo
YaBB God
Venezuela

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

P P P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:11 am »
Ignore

It's That Time of the Month - How Aunt Flo Became Speaker of the House, One Month at a Time

I see your point, and maybe we're debating over semantics, but the fact that about 1 million children are functionally homeless to me is a crisis.
ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 03:06:46 pm »
Ignore

The cities being denied fair representation is no joke. This is an issue of taxation without representation.

Dude, I didn't realize you were this stupid. Cities don't get represented in elections, people do. People represent themselves by voting. A vote in rural Appalachia counts just as much as a vote in a big city.
GaussLaw
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:17 pm »
Ignore

Also, Obama lost most of those counties in which those cities reside.

Metros are far more important to elections than just the city proper.

For instance, the Houston metro is very Republican, while Houston proper is not.

Uhhhh, I don't wanna decide. When we're left, I'm right, and vice-versa. Physics. Bible.

PM:
E: 1.52
S: 4.67
Dr. Liberty
RPLiberty

Political Matrix
E: 7.23, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:39 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, Romney won more votes. Duh!
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 10:25:08 pm »
Ignore

Dude, I didn't realize you were this stupid. Cities don't get represented in elections, people do. People represent themselves by voting. A vote in rural Appalachia counts just as much as a vote in a big city.

Devil's advocate here but this is a Presidential election. People don't get represented (directly) in Presidential elections, the states do. In that respect a vote from like West Virginia is actually worth double a vote from New York (but half a vote from Wyoming).

When you think about it but would some sort of system of electoral votes based on municipal boundaries hypothetically be more fair than one based on entire states because it'd have the same flaws but people's votes would be more likely to matter, and count for their candidate of choice

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

P P
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 04:01:26 pm »
Ignore

LOL, never change Bandit.

ElectionsGuy
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 11:51:55 pm »
Ignore

Devil's advocate here but this is a Presidential election. People don't get represented (directly) in Presidential elections, the states do. In that respect a vote from like West Virginia is actually worth double a vote from New York (but half a vote from Wyoming).

When you think about it but would some sort of system of electoral votes based on municipal boundaries hypothetically be more fair than one based on entire states because it'd have the same flaws but people's votes would be more likely to matter, and count for their candidate of choice

Oh yeah, the little thing called the electoral college that distorts the representation of popular vote. I forgot about that, but in any case the winner of the popular vote of a state wins the electoral college votes of that state. So votes do matter, just more so in some states than others.
Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2014, 07:59:06 am »
Ignore

In Kentucky, Obama won 10 of the state's 11 biggest cities. In fact, he won each of the 7 largest cities.

Yet Romney gets all 8 electoral votes.

Is that fair?

What kind of question is that?

God, douse this thread in fifty shades of petrol and burn it into the ground. I know this forum has a place for left-wing hackery, but I didn't know it could get this bad.

I urge you not to judge most Forum leftists based on Bandit. His case is......."special".

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout