Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2014, 11:00:00 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  What if in the 2016 primaries..........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What if in the 2016 primaries..........  (Read 1461 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2014, 08:30:43 pm »
Ignore

..........nobody casts a ballot in the Democratic or Republican primary elections?

Obviously would never happen

BUT IF IT DID

Would either party legally have a Presidential candidate?

Following such a scenario, how would the parties then choose their Presidential candidates?

Please discuss.

BaconBacon96
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:18:03 pm »
Ignore

Well since not every single convention delegate is chosen through the primaries there would just be really small conventions that chooses the candidates.

On Chris Christie-
He can eat his opponets and achieve a unified field.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »
Ignore

Well since not every single convention delegate is chosen through the primaries there would just be really small conventions that chooses the candidates.

But  I am wondering if the parties have some requirement that the candidate is chosen predominantly through the primary process, in order to have as much public participation as possible.  If that is the case, they would not have met the requirements in choosing a legitimate candidate.

That is really my point in presenting this impossible scenario.

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 04:50:32 pm »
Ignore

If no one was willing to vote in a party's primaries, presumably no one would be voting for the party in the general election, so it wouldn't matter.

Daily Reflections on the Revised Common Lectionary

Bible thumping kept to a minimum unless you go to sleep!
The below comic stars me!
Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 1.48

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 02:25:43 am »
Ignore

But  I am wondering if the parties have some requirement that the candidate is chosen predominantly through the primary process, in order to have as much public participation as possible.  If that is the case, they would not have met the requirements in choosing a legitimate candidate.

No, neither party has such a requirement.
Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 02:47:46 am »
Ignore

Yeah, you're "just curious" about what would happen in this fantastical scenario, where all the ballots go missing, and mysteriously "no one voted".  I'm sure it's not because you're planning something nefarious.  Tongue

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:55:55 pm »
Ignore

Yeah, you're "just curious" about what would happen in this fantastical scenario, where all the ballots go missing, and mysteriously "no one voted".  I'm sure it's not because you're planning something nefarious.  Tongue

No, I am talking about nobody voting, not ballots gone missing.

emailking
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:13:17 am »
Ignore

Wouldn't it just be that the tiebreaker rules are invoked? These are state specific.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout