Dystopias for Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:22:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Dystopias for Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If forced to choose between the Christian Exodus and the Free State Project, which would you rather join?
Christian Exodus

Free State Project

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Dystopias for Republicans  (Read 807 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »
« edited: February 25, 2006, 08:52:36 PM by Frodo »

A brief description of each from their websites:

Christian Exodus

Christian Exodus was founded in November 2003 as a response to the moral degeneration of our nation and the lack of any determination by the Republican Party to return our nation to its Constitutional moors. ChristianExodus.org seeks a return to constitutionally limited government founded upon Christian principles, and has decided that the best strategy for achieving this goal is to reform the local and state governments. To accomplish this reform, we will relocate thousands of Christian constitutionalists to one particular sovereign State (South Carolina) so that our numbers will make an effective difference in electoral politics.

ChristianExodus.org is a non-profit corporation in the State of Texas. We have not applied for 501(c)3 status because it serves to muzzle organizations. Our mission is to glorify God through moral governance, and we will not be distracted by the issues that arise from 501(c)3 considerations. We believe that America suffers its current Godless state, because our churches have decided that their precious tax-deductible status is more important than preaching the Gospel as it regards ALL facets of life including civic responsibilities and politics. We refuse to fall prey to the same temptation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free State Project

The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property. The success of the Project would likely entail reductions in taxation and regulation, reforms at all levels of government to expand individual rights and free markets, and a restoration of constitutional federalism, demonstrating the benefits of liberty to the rest of the nation and the world.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »

Free state project.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »

I resent the assumption that either of these hells are "utopias" for anyone, especially for Republicans.  It is clear that CE is anti-Republican and FSP is Libertarian Party-oriented.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:33 PM »

I favor the libertarians.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:42 PM »

I know a couple kids involved in the FSF. I keep on arguing that New Hampshire is too cold, and they need someplace like Nevada or Florida...
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:11:37 PM »

Free State Project by a mile for me.

I know a couple kids involved in the FSF. I keep on arguing that New Hampshire is too cold, and they need someplace like Nevada or Florida...

I believe the reason why they chose it was because it was already a rather libertarian state to begin with and because it had a small population.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 09:16:03 PM »

I'm rather curious why Christian Exodus chose South Carolina and not, say, Alabama.  I'm guessing it is because it is the first southern state where a primary will take place after the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary with the current system, and they want to influence not just the Republican Party but also the Democrats as well.  Of course, if anyone has a better answer, let me know. 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »

I'm rather curious why Christian Exodus chose South Carolina and not, say, Alabama.

The women are hotter in South Carolina, of course
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 09:19:36 PM »

neither
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »

I'm rather curious why Christian Exodus chose South Carolina and not, say, Alabama.  I'm guessing it is because it is the first southern state where a primary will take place after the Iowa caucus and New Hampshire primary with the current system, and they want to influence not just the Republican Party but also the Democrats as well.  Of course, if anyone has a better answer, let me know. 

Because it was the first state to secede. Cheesy

Well I wish this were multiple, because I like both options.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 11:56:11 PM »

The Free State Project easily.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 12:05:24 AM »

Free State Project
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 06:42:30 AM »

I believe the reason why they chose it was because it was already a rather libertarian state to begin with and because it had a small population.

Thats part of the reason. If I recall correctly they had a vote on it, Alaska and Wyoming and a few other states were possibilities, but New Hampshire won.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 06:47:52 AM »

Thats part of the reason. If I recall correctly they had a vote on it, Alaska and Wyoming and a few other states were possibilities, but New Hampshire won.

That's because no one wants to live in Wyoming, and Alaska is #)%ing cold.

There is oftentimes a reason these states have few electoral votes.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 09:13:56 AM »

That's because no one wants to live in Wyoming, and Alaska is #)%ing cold.

There is oftentimes a reason these states have few electoral votes.

And yet Alaska has more people than Wyoming. This is probably due more to Anchorage than a desire to live there. There's nothing like a big city to keep people in the area.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies