Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:12:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?)  (Read 2666 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: February 28, 2006, 05:04:44 AM »

Most liberal: Depends what is meant by "liberal"; if we just mean left-wing, then I'm not really sure; Nclib maybe? He actually does think out his positions, rather than spouting off rubbish.

Most conservative: Depends what is meant by "conservative"; A18 is probably the most reactionary though. Jmf probably deserves a mention here as well.

Most libertarian: Depends what is meant by "libertarian"; but I'll assume you mean the socially permissive/economically rightist types... and seeing as communitarian is now apparently prefered to populist, a new word is needed for this lot as well. And the answer is probably Emsworth.

Most communitarian: not sure; WMS maybe?

Most moderate: uncertain

Most loyal to their party: there's a lot. It's probably *not* Don actually...

Sharpest wit: angus

Funniest: angus

Creates the most interesting topics: pass

Creates the least interesting topics: too many people

Most optimistic: in what way?

Most pessimistic: '' ''
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »

Most loyal to their party: there's a lot. It's probably *not* Don actually...

Why's that?

Don said in one topic that he'd vote for a pro-choice Republican who was conservative in every other aspect over a pro-life Democrat who's liberal in every other aspect.  I then asked him who he'd vote for if it was a pro-choice Democrat who was conservative in every other aspect versus a pro-life Republican who was liberal in every other aspect.  He said that he'd still vote for the Republican, even though the Republican was now the complete opposite of who he'd vote for in the first matchup, ideologically speaking.

It seems very clear to me that the most important thing to Don by far is whether or not someone has an "R" next to their name.

Oh yes, that's all true. Thing is there are more than a couple of posters here who take it even further, even to the point of deciding that certain members of their party are not real members (or true members or whatever) of the Party. Which is much more partisan in some ways and much less in others. Depends how you look at it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies