Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:58:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poster Superlatives Pt. IV (?)  (Read 2654 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: February 27, 2006, 03:27:24 AM »

Most liberal: nclib (or Smash255, Progess, etc.; there are quite a few)

Most conservative: StatesRights (or jmfsct, that TN-some-number guy from Texas, etc.; there are quite a few)

Most libertarian: Bono

Most communitarian: Yeah, I'll go with Jake

Most moderate: Nation

Most loyal to their party: htmldon (this is more of a fact than an opinion)

Sharpest wit: No one immediately comes to mind

Funniest: Joe Republic was, but then he left; I also like Alcon's and Everett's stuff

Creates the most interesting topics: Quite a few people; I can't think of one person to name

Creates the least interesting topics: BRTD, no contest

Most optimistic: Ilikeverin

Most pessimistic: Boss Tweed; PD was also pretty darn pessimistic, but he's not here anymore
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 12:14:11 AM »

Most communitarian: I think WMS embodes a communitarian, moderate left economically, moderate right socially, common sense and pragmatic.
Why thank you, you make me blush Embarrassed

And thanks to you as well. Smiley

I wouldn't say you're the most communitarian; I'd say you're nicely communitarian. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 12:39:03 AM »

Most communitarian: Al. Jake is fascist, not communitarian

Well, if you consider what it means to be "communitarian" - economically liberal, but socially conservative - both aspects involve government control over people.  It would, then, naturally follow that those who want total government control over the people in every way (fascists) could certainly be called "extreme" communitarians".

Of course, this is not to say that communitarians are fascists, but I would say that it's not false to state that fascists are extreme communitarians.

Most optimistic: AuH2O (not so much optimistic as hackish)

I wouldn't call AuH2O "optomistic"; I think "delusional" is a better word.  He's certainly hopeful about Republican chances, but he's also very pessimistic towards, say, people who aren't white.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:30:35 PM »

Most loyal to their party: there's a lot. It's probably *not* Don actually...

Why's that?

Don said in one topic that he'd vote for a pro-choice Republican who was conservative in every other aspect over a pro-life Democrat who's liberal in every other aspect.  I then asked him who he'd vote for if it was a pro-choice Democrat who was conservative in every other aspect versus a pro-life Republican who was liberal in every other aspect.  He said that he'd still vote for the Republican, even though the Republican was now the complete opposite of who he'd vote for in the first matchup, ideologically speaking.

It seems very clear to me that the most important thing to Don by far is whether or not someone has an "R" next to their name.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 02:13:12 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2006, 02:32:01 AM by Senator Gabu »

Creates the most interesting topics:  BRTD

Thanks! You have much better taste in topics than almost everyone else who ever posted here.

Yes, because we have interests in life other than sex, crappy music, and communists.

EDIT: For fun, let's see what the last twenty topics that you started were.

Opinion of Quagmire from Family Guy - you like him because he likes sex

Do strip clubs help economic growth? - no comment necessary

Day 38: Comoros - okay, fine, one that didn't involve the three topics

How many bands on my MP3 player do you like? - crappy music

Are you a BRTD Democrat? - not one that involves the topics, but self-centered nonetheless

Is the preceding poster more libertarian or populist? - not one that involves the topics, but variants of it have been done many times before

Could Hugo Chavez be elected in any European country? - close enough to communist

What would be your first impression of someone wearing [a shirt with Fidel Castro and "Cuba" on it]? - communist

Opinion of Lujan Fernandez - posted purely because she's hot; definitely sex-related

Opinion of migrendel - close enough to communist

Can Laffey win the general election? - okay, here's another not related to the topics, but it's not exactly something that has never been asked before

Italy - asking if there are any polls, not too bad

Opinion of William O. Douglas - another FF/HP topic, but not too bad

Wallpaper-changing programs - not directly related to the three, but considering that your wallpaper is probably nothing but hot girls, indirectly related to sex

Opinion of this LiveJournal community - link leads to a communist LJ group

Would Karl Marx have approved of the Soviet Union? - yep, communist

Opinion of the Manuel Rodríguez Patriotic Front - more communists

Opinion of Stifler from American Pie - you like him because he likes sex

Day 35: Chile - okay, another not related to any of the three

Day 34: Chad - see above

So, of your last twenty created topics, twelve of them related to one of those three topics, which is 60%.  If we discount the "Day X: Country" topics, then it's twelve out of seventeen, which is 71%.

Quite frankly, it's kind of sad that a large majority of a person's entire presence on a board can be distilled down to three single specific topics.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies