The Contraceptive Pill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:54:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Contraceptive Pill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Contraceptive Pill  (Read 5675 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 02:22:51 AM »

Support.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 05:17:42 PM »

I don't really concern myself with it on a societal level.  Why would I?

On a personal level, however, I am personally against it.  I believe that sex in marriage should always be open to the possibility of having children (at least while you are still young enough Smiley  )    At anyrate, I see some dishonesty and a lack of openness in using the pill in the marriage bed.  But that is just me personaly.

You sound like my father.  Of course, I'm for the Pill.  People get married at much later times than in the past because of our economy and still want to get laid!
Jens
Angola

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2004, 01:38:45 PM »

Support. It's much easier in a stedy relationship that having to remember that darn condom all the time
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2004, 03:08:05 PM »

I normally would not be against contraceptives, but I have voted against the pill. Reason being, the pill can kill the fetus. What the pill does is prevent the sperm from reaching the eggs by a certain mucus. But occasionally, sperm can get through the mucus, and the zygote can be fertalized. If this is the case, the zygote either is killed (it turns into a morning-after pill), or it gets a serious disorder. So I therefore vote against it.

No it doesn't, i don't know where you got your biology lessons.  It works by altering the amounts of hormones in the blood, which can either stop the egg being released, or stop a fertilised egg from attaching itself to the uterus lining

That's only if you're not pregnant and use the pill. But the pill isn't 100% effective, some eggs can be released into the ovary. If this happens, the egg is fertalized, and the human being is created. However, the body determines the fetus to be a parasite and a foreign object, so the body flushes it out of the body, and the fetus is killed.
raggage

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 02:28:20 AM »

Full Support.
nomorelies

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2004, 08:35:01 AM »

Full support.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length