Are you an afleitch style 'Demo-Tory'?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:40:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you an afleitch style 'Demo-Tory'?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Are you an afleitch style 'Demo-Tory'?  (Read 3004 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. YES

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. NO

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' YES

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. NO (how the hell are be going to do that?  give government handouts to private schools?)

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. NO NO NO NO NO and NO

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. NO (don't really understand this question though)

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' YES

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. NO

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. YES

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. YES
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 03:54:24 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. - Yes.

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. - No.

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' - Yes.

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. - No.

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. - No.

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. - No if they simply do not like it (that's what elections are for...).  Yes if they blatantly disregard it.

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' - Yes.

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. - Yes.

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. - No opinion.

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. - Yes.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 04:02:02 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. N

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. N

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' N

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Y

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. N

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. N

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' N

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. N

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Y

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. N
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 04:07:07 PM »

Straha 90%
MODU 85%
Daniel 75%
Frodo 70%
Phknrocket 70%
Gabu 55%
MasterJedi 55%
Nini 55%
Alcon 50%
A18 50% (roughly)
Brandon H 50%
Boss Tweed 50%
Lewis 40% (roughly)
Ebowed 40%
Pete Bell 35% (roughly)
Sam Spade 35%
Jas 30% (roughly)
Al 25% (roughly)
Jake 20%
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 04:41:45 PM »

1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. Yes
8. Half true
9. No
10. Yes
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 04:57:20 PM »

Apparently copies of the videos still turn up at Police Christmas parties and the like.

I can't imagine how they get any entertainment out of them.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:24 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Yes

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. No

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Yes

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Yes

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. Yes

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Yes

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Yes

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Yes

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Yes

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Yes

I only disagree with you on marijuana legalization. Probably the closest a person has come to me out of these things.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 05:40:59 PM »

Apparently copies of the videos still turn up at Police Christmas parties and the like.

I figure it's either for reasons of a sort of practical joke... or a lot of people in the police are sadists...
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 09:03:14 PM »

Incest needs to be stopped. That's pretty much the ONLY relationship between consenting adults that I'd have the state intervene in.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 09:04:48 PM »

Incest needs to be stopped. That's pretty much the ONLY relationship between consenting adults that I'd have the state intervene in.

I agree. But I admit I didn't make that clear when I proposed the question Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 09:07:26 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Yes but I draw the line at incest

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Yes

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' I only favor abortion in cases in rape, incest and maternal life, which, I guess, ideally, is safe, legal and rare

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. No

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. No

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Yes

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Yes. Speak your mind without fear or favor (within reason, e.g. if it's not to incite violence or hatred)

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Yes

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Yes, ideally

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Yes

Dave
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »

I agree. But I admit I didn't make that clear when I proposed the question Smiley
Fair enough
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »

Colin Wixted 90%
Straha 90%
MODU 85%
Dem Hawk 75%
Daniel 75%
Frodo 70%
Phknrocket 70%
Gabu 55%
MasterJedi 55%
Nini 55%
Alcon 50%
A18 50% (roughly)
Brandon H 50%
Boss Tweed 50%
Jfern 45%
Lewis 40% (roughly)
Ebowed 40%
Pete Bell 35% (roughly)
Sam Spade 35%
Jas 30% (roughly)
Al 25% (roughly)
Jake 20%

dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »

I can't think of what I would be described as, but I thought i'd propose a meaningless test Smiley

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Y/N  Yes

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Y/N  Yes

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Y/N  No, I believe in restrictions on abortion.  If there's nothing wrong with it, there's no reason it should be rare.  So that slogan has an inherent contradiction.  And making something safe and legal usually means it will not be rare.  Also, you make no mention of stage of pregnancy.

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Y/N  No, though I do support school vouchers, government should not be meddling in whom the private schools choose to admit.

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. Y/N  No, progressiveness is a matter of degree in any case.

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Y/N  Generally, yes, if they're immigrants.  Immigrants should not expect their host country to change deep-seated cultural mores to suit them.

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Y/N  Yes, in most cases, though it means more than that.

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Y/N  No.

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Y/N  Neither -- it both solves and creates problems, depending on your perspective.

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Y/N  No -- based on divorce rates, marriage these days does little to promote loving and lasting monogamy.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 09:39:37 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults.
Y

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor.
undecided

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.'
Y

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability.
The government should have no say in the existence or policies of private schools.

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced.
I'm not sure what alternative would be an improvement.

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave.
Y

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.''
Y

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy.
N

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems.
Y

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy.
Y
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 03:38:31 AM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Yes

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Yes

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Yes

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Doesn't Private Schools mean something different in the UK? I'm not sure which schools you're refering to

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. No

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Yes, Muslims don't belong in the UK, Enoch Powell was right

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Maybe

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Yes to the first one, on the second one, Bayh would be a better candidate, since the Dems need to be moderates, but I personally agree with many of Ted Kennedy's views

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. No boo!

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Yes (normal)
[/quote]
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2006, 08:54:27 AM by Storebought »

(Sees a bandwagon and leaps onto the back of it)

I can't think of what I would be described as, but I thought i'd propose a meaningless test Smiley

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Y/N

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Y/N

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Y/N

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Y/N

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. Y/N

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Y/N

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Y/N

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Y/N

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Y/N

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Y/N

This type of test was done years before (e.g. MarkDel, Migrendel, etc.), but this one looked interesting, so ...

1. Two adults can "consent" to manufacture crystal meth within the privacy of their bedrooms, so No
2. Until I find a disinterested clinical study that reports the health effects of marijuana usage, I will continue to oppose "medical" marijuana use No
3. Abortion is an issue best left for individual states. Personally, I find it gross, but what do I matter? Undecided
4. Be for real: private schools will admit only those children whose parents have the ability to pay, "scholarship" students being an impractical burden in comparison. But any system which allows just one child to escape an urban public school system benefits all mankind, so Yes
5. Speaking from a cold, Emsworthian POV, the poor are too-lightly taxed, considering the massive amounts of government spending that benefits only them (e.g. Medicaid). Poor people's taxes should be proportionally increased, while taxes for higher income earners should be lowered. But I'm not an economist, so I will merely say Yes
6. Again, be for real: the US has enough difficulty trying to stop illegal immigration from Mexico, let alone deporting masses of jihadist undesirables. But I do support the terrorist detainment center at Guantanamo Bay, so I will take that as a Yes.
7. I personally prefer the Frank Zappa quote that The Vorlon has in his sig, but this one will do. Yes
8. Barry Goldwater, during the 1990s, was touched in the head as badly as Reagan was, but Reagan had the class to retreat from the world before allowing his dementia to disgrace himself. No
9. "Globalists", or mondialistes, reminds me suspiciously of 18th century ancien-regime Europe. Except that, instead of French-speaking, Enlightened feudal aristocrats, we have English-speaking left-liberal Internet technocrats. So, on the whole, No, but I strongly support free trade and minimal tariffs.
10. Having actually read some of the queer theory books written by these gay marriage proponents, I can assure you this: promoting homosexual monogamy is the absolute last concern of theirs. No
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 09:36:38 AM »

I figure it's either for reasons of a sort of practical joke... or a lot of people in the police are sadists...

That's quite unsettling.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 09:44:09 AM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. absolutely.

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. yes.

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' absolutely correct.

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. sure, i could support that.

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. i agree that the middle class gets hurt.  but what could we replace it with.  flat tax and sales tax are designed to benefit the country club crowd.

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. yes

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' yes

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. no, ill have to disagree on both counts.

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. YES!!!

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. yes.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »

It's getting long now

Colin Wixted 90%
Walter Mitty 85%
Straha 90%
MODU 85%
Dem Hawk 75%
Daniel 75%
Frodo 70%
Phknrocket 70%
Pym 65%
Q 60%
Gabu 55%
MasterJedi 55%
Nini 55%
Alcon 50%
A18 50% (roughly)
Brandon H 50%
Boss Tweed 50%
Jfern 45%
Dazzleman 40%
Lewis 40% (roughly)
Ebowed 40%
Storebought 40%
Pete Bell 35% (roughly)
Sam Spade 35%
Jas 30% (roughly)
Al 25% (roughly)
Jake 20%
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 04:18:13 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Y

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. N

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Y

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Y

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. N

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Y

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' N (there are better definitions than that!)

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Y

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Y

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Y
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 08:06:16 PM »

YAY!! I'm an afleitch style "Demo-Tory"!
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 08:07:50 PM »

This is fun Smiley

Straha - 90%
Alcon -50% (ish) Smiley

If I put in 10 different questions, the results would be different. I guess it shows the limits to these 'political pop quizzes' But I still like doing them.

I was just kidding about number 10, if that affects my score in any way.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2006, 10:10:49 PM »

1. The government should keep it's nose out of your bedroom so long as the bedroom contains consenting adults. Y

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' Y

4. Private schools need to be supported and expanded and more children admitted, based not on income, but on academic ability. Agree, though they should not receive government funding

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Unsure

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Yes, but it means much more than that

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. Yes to first part; No to second part

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. Unsure

10. Two gay people 'marrying' will not threaten your own heterosexual marriage. If anything it promotes loving and lasting monogamy. Y
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2006, 10:37:15 PM »

2. Marijuana causes long term psychological damage, keep it illegal unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Y

3. If abortion is made illegal, it will not stop. It will be driven underground where it becomes unlicenced, unsafe and expolited by people wanting to make a quick buck. Therefore it is important that abortion be 'safe, legal and rare.' N

5. The progressive taxation system hurts middle income earners. It needs to be replaced. Y

6. If an ethnic of religious minority does not like, or disregards it's 'host' nations belief system or political system then they should leave. Y

7. ''Liberty, if it means anything, is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear.'' Y

8. Barry Goldwater was a better Republican than Ronald Reagan and Evan Bayh is a better Democrat than Ted Kennedy. N

9. Globalisation is the solution to, and not the cause of, most of the world's problems. N

Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies