Are you a BRTD Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:15:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you a BRTD Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Are you a BRTD Democrat?  (Read 4710 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV?
Y

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing?
N

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session?
N

4. Do you think tobacco executives are far less moral than strippers?
Y

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government?
N

6. Do you trust large corporations?
N, but I don't think such entities are evil.

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego?
N

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week?
N

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations?
Is the university publishing this, or is some "communist" club?  I guess if it's a taxpayer-subsidized organization in any way, then whatever its ideology, I don't support the production of "voter guides."  So No.

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America?
N
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV? Definitely.

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? Yes, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I support a flat tax, and even under that system she'd pay more than most people.

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? No.

4. Do you think tobacco executives are far less moral than strippers? As a rational, thinking person, I can't give a definitive answer - some are, some aren't.

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government? I don't believe it to be truly theocratic - certainly contains religious elements, but is not really a theocracy. I could be happier with it, but I'm not altogether unhappy with it.

6. Do you trust large corporations? Again, as a rational person, I can't give a definitive answer. Some have provided me with quality goods and reliable service and have earned a degree of trust, while others have done quite the opposite and don't have me as a customer anymore. Do I ever trust one as much as a friend? No, but most people don't trust groups to that extent.

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego? Yes. People with large egos are quite capable of caring about other things.

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week? Hell no, are you crazy? You'd either have to drink a lot or be drinking some expensive s**t!

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations? The university itself shouldn't be distributing them - volunteer student groups should be able to if they wish to do so, however.

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America? No, but ultra-partisan far leftists who are irrational in their own ways(not accusing you of it, BRTD) aren't good for the country either.
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2006, 05:06:49 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV?
Yes

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing?
No

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session?
No

I have no idea.

No

Some I trust others I dont.

No

No

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations?
I dont support the university passing them out but student organizations can.

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America?
No
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2006, 06:08:45 PM »

"Prudish" is not a word! Stop using it, it's like fingernails on the chalkboard!
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »

"Prudish" is not a word! Stop using it, it's like fingernails on the chalkboard!

It's in the OED.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 07:10:31 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV? Yes

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? Yes

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? No.

4. Do you think tobacco executives are far less moral than strippers? Both are moral and upstanding.

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government? No. Why should arabs get self government? Theres oly a few people who deserve it and they're westerners..

6. Do you trust large corporations? No

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego? No

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week? No but I'd like to

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations? No

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America? No.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 07:53:03 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV? Yes

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? Well only if its a higher tax on the Hilton family the Hilton sisters make me almost want to become a Communist. Wink

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? No

4. Do you think tobacco executives are far less moral than strippers? No

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government? I wouldn't call it theocratic BRTD quit putting hyperbole into your questions. Do I support the current Iraqi government? Yes Do I wish there were other people in power in that country? Yes

6. Do you trust large corporations? Yeah, pretty much

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego? Yes, or at least he used to.

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week? Nope, what a waste of money if you had to buy that much. If it was free I see nothing wrong with it. Tongue

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations? No

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America? No

Oh and to answer the original question my answer would be:

I sure as hell hope not.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 08:16:56 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV? No

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? It's not a good thing.

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? Definitely

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government? If they had one, I would

6. Do you trust large corporations? Yes

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego? Selling books, so Yes

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week? Every fcuking weekend

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America? Without question
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »

Dictionary.com:

prud·ish    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (prdsh)
adj.
Marked by or exhibiting the characteristics of a prude; priggish.

prud·er·y    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (prd-r)
n. pl. prud·er·ies
The state or quality of being prudish.
An instance of prudish behavior or talk.

Both, it seems, are words and are used in the correct context.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 09:40:31 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV? NO

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? NO

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? YES

Eh, f.uck this.  The questions are so horribly tilted I can't answer them.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2006, 12:01:48 AM »

Q - 8/10
John Dibble - 4.5/10
Preston - 5.5/10
BrandonW - 7/10
Straha - 6/10
ColinW - 3.5/10
Jake - 0/10

To clarify #9, the University did not publish it, nor was it put out by any student group. It was some big national group called National Student Voter Guide that distributed their publication of the same name to lots of universities claiming to be a non-partisan group simply encourating young people to vote. The University simply distributed them by putting them in with the school newspaper. In fact the "non-partisan" guide read like a typical jfern post and the organization that published it was a front for a communist group, but I doubt my university was too bothered by either fact.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2006, 12:33:21 AM »

Do you support these "voter guides," then?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2006, 12:34:46 AM »

yes
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2006, 12:54:12 AM »

I'll vote yes.  I'm not sure what "indency" is, but I do know what "indecency" is.  However, I am a Tipper Gore Democrat and think there should be regulations for strip clubs and for decency on TV.

NO WAY!

NO WAY!

YES!  Tobacco executives represent everything you can possibly hate about the Establishment.  They make the greedy executives of other industries look like Mother Theresa in comparison.

NO WAY!

No.

He used to.  I'm not sure if he does anymore.

I haven't drunk even 10% that much alcohol in my lifetime.  Alcohol is overrated.  Just don't tell the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints about me, because I get enough junk mail, and I'm much too liberal for them anyway.

No.

NO WAY!

BRTD, how did I do?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2006, 12:57:58 AM »

7/10
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2006, 05:47:48 AM »

No Oh my god, did they do that in MN? Where did they do that? Tell me so I can hate that state

Yes that did happen in Minnesota, but before you hate us the thing was never brought up, some Republican leaders toyed with the idea before the special session commenced but agreed to drop it before the session. However the sponsor of that ban, State Sen. Michele Bachmann, a raging homophobic lunatic, still kept demanding it come up for a vote and argued it was more important to children's future than the budget and properly funding schools (yes, I wish I could say I was making this up.) This is the same senator who broke out into tears when the Senate President announced the end of the normal session before her bill came up for a vote as she kept begging him for a vote, and got members of a bunch of fundie churches to come with her to the capitol and pray over the desks of DFL senators who were against it. Now she's running for Mark Kennedy's House seat, meaning I'm hoping like hell Wetterling beats her.

Thats good to hear since I could never hate MN, they were the only sane state in 1984, denying Il Duce a 50 state sweep.

I am worried that religious fanatics such as Bachmann are able to be elected in Minnesota. With nuts like her and Kennedy, the Minneapolis suburbs seem like Dixie of the North or something.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2006, 01:06:03 PM »

1. Do you think that all levels of government should be concerned with more important things than passing prudish laws on strip clubs and increasing "indency' fines on TV?  The government(s) can do so many things at once, including patrolling strip clubs.  So No.

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing?  Rate?  Yes.  Higher taxes in general?  No.

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session?  If the purpose is to vote on something which can be held off till next session, No.

4. Do you think tobacco executives are far less moral than strippers?  They are about the same.

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government?  It isn't a theocratic government (yet).  If it evolves that way, and that is the choice of their voters, then yes.

6. Do you trust large corporations?  I don't put trust into many groups or individuals, not just large corporations.

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego?  Yes, he does care about other things.  The question is, does he care about his ego more than he cares about other things?

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week?  Nope.  I don't drink alcohol.

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations?  The university itself should not be in the business of handing out campaigning material.  However, if politicial groups wish to hand out communist material, then they are free to do so, just as long the same conditions are made available to conservative, liberal, libertarian, etc groups.

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America?  I'm sure somewhere Pat has made positive impacts on the nation.  Even the KKK have made positive impacts at some point.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2006, 01:22:02 PM »

Yes

No

No

Same. They both sell addictive products for good money.

Don't care.

Yes. I trust them to attempt to produce large profits by all means necessary.

Yes

No. Maybe $20 worth my whole life.

If they also would be willing to distribute voter guides produced by neo-nazis, then I see no problem. Otherwise, I don't support it.

No.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2006, 02:11:56 PM »

No Oh my god, did they do that in MN? Where did they do that? Tell me so I can hate that state

Yes that did happen in Minnesota, but before you hate us the thing was never brought up, some Republican leaders toyed with the idea before the special session commenced but agreed to drop it before the session. However the sponsor of that ban, State Sen. Michele Bachmann, a raging homophobic lunatic, still kept demanding it come up for a vote and argued it was more important to children's future than the budget and properly funding schools (yes, I wish I could say I was making this up.) This is the same senator who broke out into tears when the Senate President announced the end of the normal session before her bill came up for a vote as she kept begging him for a vote, and got members of a bunch of fundie churches to come with her to the capitol and pray over the desks of DFL senators who were against it. Now she's running for Mark Kennedy's House seat, meaning I'm hoping like hell Wetterling beats her.

Thats good to hear since I could never hate MN, they were the only sane state in 1984, denying Il Duce a 50 state sweep.

I am worried that religious fanatics such as Bachmann are able to be elected in Minnesota. With nuts like her and Kennedy, the Minneapolis suburbs seem like Dixie of the North or something.

Feel most sorry for Yaks Hairbrush, Bachmann is his state Senator!

But yes, that's why I hate the suburbs. Although in all fairness the inner ones where most people live aren't like that, just the semi-rural ones. But they're still outvoted by Minneapolis and St. Paul.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2006, 02:33:13 PM »

MODU - 2/10
Yaks Hairbrush - 5.5/10
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »

But yes, that's why I hate the suburbs. Although in all fairness the inner ones where most people live aren't like that, just the semi-rural ones. But they're still outvoted by Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Not since last July. Moved to Minneapolis.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2006, 11:43:01 PM »

ah, good. You're out of suburbia! We should probably meet up sometime. Ever go to the Triple Rock or the Vu?
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 08:44:33 AM »

ah, good. You're out of suburbia! We should probably meet up sometime. Ever go to the Triple Rock or the Vu?

Dude! I'm engaged to be married. Anyway, I'm a fairly boring person. I don't drink, don't hit strip clubs, don't go to concerts. I just go to school and come home. That said, if you still want to meet up, I'm game.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »

That and I don't Yaks hairbrush goes both ways.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »

2. Do you think Paris Hilton having to pay a higher tax rate than everyone else on this forum is a bad thing? No

3. Do you think it's appropiate to use a special legislative session called to fix state budget problems to attempt to revive a gay marriage ban that was rejected in the regular session? No

5. Are you happy with the theocratic Iraqi government? No

6. Do you trust large corporations? No

7. Do you think Ralph Nader cares about anything besides his ego? No

8. Have you ever drank more than $200 worth of alcohol in one week? Yes

9. Do you support public universities distributing "voter guides" to students published by openly communist organizations? Unsure

10. Do you consider fundies like Pat Robertson to have a positive impact on America? No

Dave
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies