Ruling on Independent Liberal Party vs. The Department of Forum Affairs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:56:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ruling on Independent Liberal Party vs. The Department of Forum Affairs
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ruling on Independent Liberal Party vs. The Department of Forum Affairs  (Read 975 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
« edited: March 01, 2006, 09:00:58 PM by AFCJ TCash »

Independent Liberal Party vs. The Department of Forum Affairs

Chief Justice TCash delivered the opinion with Justices Emsworth and Colin Wixted concurring.

Part I- Statement of Facts

In the February 2006 Federal elections, a voter, Sam Spade, cast a ballot as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The rules of voting state that a voter may not campaign in the voting booth. This mandate is specified in the Constitution: Campaigning may not occur in the place where voting occurs. Any person who campaigns in such a place will have their vote counted as void and shall be subject to further punishment as the Senate may by Law determine. (Article I, Section 1, clause 3)

In the official certification, the Department of Forum Affairs counted the vote as valid. The Secretary of the Independent Liberal Party has brought suit asking the Court to overturn the certification and void this ballot.

Part II –Opinion

Beyond the choice of candidates, the vote itself, there are blatantly analytical and persuasive remarks. In the Presidential race, one ticket is called "the worst"; some write in candidates are praised, some ridiculed. In the senate race, the ballot describes voters who vote for a commonly known nickname for a declared candidate as needing to "have his or her head examined." If this isn't campaigning in the booth, very little is. Further, the Department of Forum Affairs brings no defense of the decision to count the vote. We believe it is a blatant example of campaigning in the voting booth, order the votes from this one ballot void, and the certification updated.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »

Great decision!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »

I don't know whether to be happy (my greatest forum enemy (well, maybe second greatest, bonus points if you can name my greatest) has been defeated Cheesy) or sad (one less vote for ilikeverin/PBrunsel Sad).
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:32:29 PM »

The Department will modify the official election certification upon this court order.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »

F**CK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/PD]

I do find it amusing that my only ever vote for Ilikeverin has been disqualified.

I think I'll do the same if I ever vote for that fag Peter Bell.

Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies