Discussion of Budget
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Discussion of Budget
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Discussion of Budget  (Read 8144 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2006, 12:36:05 PM »

Discuss.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »

I will be putting economic figures up later today.

Hopefully by tomorrow, I will have the exact increases of the programs with mandated increases (Medicare, SS and Medicaid).

The rest of the budget stays the same from last year (plus any bill additions from this year) and I will also knock off programs whose funding (by legislation) ended last year.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 11:08:06 PM »

The projected revenue for the federal government for FY 2007 is projected to be $2.036 trillion at this point in time.

More numbers tomorrow.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »

I will be looking forward to looking at these figures and proposed increases (decreases).  What will the format for this budget be (Excel)?  I have to admit I've been away from Fantasy Politics for a while so I need to be filled in here.  This is one area I am strongest in. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »

I'll be hard at work on this tomorrow.  Today just simply didn't happen, sorry.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 02:59:16 PM »

Ok, now here's the way this is going to occur.  As time goes on and more things change from the previous budget, this will change also.

We will still start off from the same basic point of last year, this link here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2005/fpaa.html

All the numbers contained within, except for expenses in Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and National debt financing, will stay the same, except for...

1.  Below I will post the changes made from last year's budget that were made during budget talks.  These numbers will differ from the numbers in the above link and are the starting-off point for those appropriations.

2.  Below that I will post additions or subtractions made to the budget from Senatorial legislation.  These numbers can be added or subtracted to the outline of Departments listed above.

3.  I will post the general budget outline from last year.

4.  I will post the general budget outline for this year (with SS, Medicare, Medicaid, debt-financing changes and any other changes.)

This already sounds a little complicated, so if there are any questions, please ask.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 04:08:11 PM »

Aren't our economic conditions different from America though?
Wouldn't that change assumptions like revenue, interest to be paid on debt and what-not?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 04:27:45 PM »

Aren't our economic conditions different from America though?
Wouldn't that change assumptions like revenue, interest to be paid on debt and what-not?

Well, as I said above, debt-financing is one of those conditions that I will change based on environment.  The entitlements are another thing that will automatically be changed and I will provide the figures. 

In terms of domestic non-entitlement expenditures and military, I would suggest that the various departments bring suggestions to the table as to increases/decreases and the like.

With those parts of the budget, it only makes sense to start where we left off and make changes (that is how any budget works to begin with).

With regards to revenue, I have simply begun (since things have not changed greatly in the world around us) with the revenue is roughly 18% of GDP, as it has been for quite a while now. 

I have modified that figure, taking into account a number of different factors:  Tax cuts or tax increases in legislation passed by the Senate, overall economic conditions, and projections of growth in future revenue.

All in all, this will be an Atlasian budget, and as time passes, it will resemble less and less the budget of the US (which means putting it on the Wiki before long).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »

Budget Discussion Cuts/Additions from FY 2006

Branches of Government

1.  Legislative Branch

*The July budget approved the following cuts in these programs:

- $0.681 billion for FY 2006 cutting expenses and allottments for 90 out of 100 Senators.

- $1.126 billion for FY 2006 in eliminating the House of Representatives.

- $0.390 billion for FY 2006 in across-the-board cuts to the Legislative Branch.

2.  Judicial Branch

- $0.038 billion for FY 2006 in cuts to the Supreme Court, for a reasonable allottment of salaries and expenses of 3 Supreme Court justices instead of 9.

3.  Executive Branch

3a.  Executive Office of the President

3b.  General Services Administration

*The March budget approved the following programs for elimination:

- General Activities, specifically the Electronic Government (E-Gov) Fund cutting $0.005 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- General Activities, specifically the FCIC (Federal Citizen Information Center) cutting $0.015 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

3c.  Other Independent Agencies

- Election Assistance Commission cutting $0.050 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- Federal Election Commission cutting $0.052 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- National Archives and Records Administration cutting $0.304 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- Office of Government Ethics cutting $0.011 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

*The July budget approved the following programs for elimination:

- Appalachian Regional Commission cutting $0.066 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- Commission on Civil Rights cutting $0.009 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- District of Columbia cutting $0.350 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- Legal Services Corporation cutting $0.329 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

- Corporation for National and Community Service cutting $0.433 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.601 billion)

- Corporation for Public Broadcastingcutting $0.375 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.015 billion)

- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission cutting $0.331 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.020 billion)

- Federal Communications Commission, specifically the Universal Service Fund cutting $3.500 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $2.991 billion)

- Federal Drug Control Program cutting $0.457 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.026 billion)

- Federal Labor Relations Authority cutting $0.029 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.001 billion)

- National Labor Relations Board cutting $0.238 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.011 billion)

- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp. cutting $0.105 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.010 billion)

Cabinet Departments

1.  Defense and Security Dept.

1a.  Defense Sub-Dept. (military)

1b.  Energy Sub-Dept.

1c.  Homeland Security Sub-Dept.

1d.  Interior Sub-Dept.

1e.  Veterans Affairs Sub-Dept.

1f.  Corps of Engineers - Civil Works

*The July budget approved the Corps of Engineers program for elimination, cutting $3.989 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

1g.  Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

1h.  National Aeronautics and Space Administration

1i.  Other Defense Civil Programs

- Selective Service System cutting $0.025 million for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.001 billion)

2.  Treasury and Social Services Dept.

2a.  Agriculture Sub-Dept.

- Food and Nutrition Service, specifically the Food Stamp Program cutting $10.000 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $23.642 billion)

- Food and Nutrition Service, specifically the Child Nutrition Programs cutting $4.000 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $7.402 billion)

- Food and Nutrition Service, specifically the Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program cutting $2.500 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $2.287 billion)

2b.  Commerce Sub-Dept.

- Bureau of the Census cutting $0.848 billion for FY2006 and all future years.

2c.  Education Sub-Dept.

- $10.000 billion for FY 2006 in across-the-board cuts to the Education Sub-Dept.

2d.  Health and Human Services Sub-Dept.

2e.  Housing and Urban Development Sub-Dept.

*The following programs were declared unconstitutional by Bono v. Atlasia II, and were cut from the FY 2006 Budget:

- Public and Indian Housing Programs, specifically the Native American Housing Block Grant cutting $0.626 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

2f.  Labor Sub-Dept.

2g.  Transportation Sub-Dept.

2h.  Treasury Sub-Dept.

- Departmental Offices, specifically the Presidential Election Campaign Fund cutting $0.055 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

2i.  National Science Foundation

2j.  Office of Personal Management

- $6.000 billion for FY 2006 in across-the-board cuts to the Office of Personnel Management.

2k.  Small Business Administration

*The July budget approved the Small Business Administration for elimination, cutting $0.681 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

2l.  Social Security Administration

3.  Justice Dept.

4.  State and International Affairs Dept.

4b.  International Assistance Programs

- Agency for International Development specifically, the Assistance for Eastern Europe cutting $0.402 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.008 billion)

- International Assistance Programs, specifically the Agency for International Development cutting $3.390 billion for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $2.027 billion[/b]

- International Assistance Programs, specifically the Peace Corps cutting $0.284 million for FY 2006.  (budget remaining - $0.117 billion)

- $2.589 billion for FY 2006 in across-the-board cuts to International Assistance Programs, excluding the funds already appropriated by the Senate in relevant legislation for FY 2006.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2006, 12:35:31 AM by Sam Spade (GM) »

Legislation Cuts/Additions from FY 2006

Read below for my notations (in italics)

Branches of Government

1.  Legislative Branch

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this branch is $0.010 billion for FY 2006.

GM note:  As for this and all other salary cuts laid out in F.L. 10-1, my own personal opinion is that the legislation makes them permanent, unless so altered by later legislation or budget negotiations.

2.  Judicial Branch

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this branch is $0.200 billion for FY 2006.

3.  Executive Branch

3a.  Executive Office of the President

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this office is $0.001 billion for FY 2006.

3b.  General Services Administration

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this administration is $0.001 billion for FY 2006.

3c.  Other Independent Agencies

*F.L. 9-7 eliminates the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities cutting $0.302 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in these agencies is $0.010 billion for FY 2006.

Cabinet Departments

1.  Defense and Security Dept.

1a.  Defense Sub-Dept. (military)

*F.L. 3-5 states that $1.000 billion per year shall be allotted to develop a missile defense system.  The term on this appropriation is undefined, therefore it lasts forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 4-1 states that $4.500 billion per year shall be alotted for the purpose of developing a naval version of the F-22 fighter and to accelerate the development of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.  The term on this appropriation is 10 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2015.

GM note:  This appropriation will read FY 2007 once the budget is done, as will all others that have terms that extend into the future

*F.L. 5-2 states that $10.000 billion per year shall be allotted for the creation of an additional division in the Atlasian Army.  The term on this appropriation is for FY 2006 only.  Future determinations of cost shall be GM-influenced, I believe.

GM note:  The cost for this year is projected to be $9.514 billion for this new division of the army and will be noted in the FY 2007 budget.

*F.L. 5-8 states that $10.000 billion per year shall be allotted for the creation of an additional division in the Atlasian Army.  The term on this appropriation is for FY 2006 only.  Future determinations of cost shall be GM-influenced, I believe.

GM note:  Same as above.

*F.L. 5-8 states that $4.000 billion per year shall be allotted for a $2,000 a year pay increase for all active duty military personnel and a $1,000 pay increase for all reserve and National Guard personnel.  The term on this appropriation is undefined, therefore it lasts forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 8-13 states that the number of applicants accepted in United States Army Ranger program shall increase by 40% staggered over the next four years.  The total increase in applicants accepted in FY 2006 shall be 10% or 200 new recruits and the cost for training these forces shall be $0.005 billion per year.  The term on this appropriation is 4 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2009.

*F.L. 9-9 states that the Defense Department shall increase salaries an additional $3,000 a year for all active duty military personnel, reserve and National Guard personnel serving in a zone of special danger and a $1,000 pay increase for all other military personnel.  These moneys shall be derived from the present Defense Department budget, so there are no additional approprations, but the cost of such changes shall be $5.000 billion per year.  The term on this appropriation is undefined, therefore it lasts forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.040 billion for FY 2006.  This excludes pay raises to the military already appropriated by the Senate in relevant legislation for FY 2006.

1b.  Energy Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 3-3 states that $1.000 billion per year shall be allotted for research on hydrogen fuel cells.  The term on this appropriation is undefined, therefore it lasts forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 4-7 states that $0.020 billion per year shall be allotted for research and development of clean or cleaner coal technology.  The term on this appropriation is 5 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2010.

*F.L. 6-21 opens up the ANWR (Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge) for drilling, with leases granted by the federal government.  These leases will provide $9.967 billion for the Energy Sub-Dept in FY 2006 and corresponding revenues in future years.

GM note:  The moneys received from the leases for ANWR are projected to slightly lower this year, at $8.362 billion and will be noted in the FY 2007 budget.

*F.L. 8-8 states that moneys shall be allotted to the purchase of crude oil at 85% of the market price from the Athabasca Oil Sands region.  The total purchase for FY 2006 is 25.6 million barrels @$51.00 a barrel, bringing the total expenditure to $1.306 billionThe total purchase for FY 2007 through FY 2012, when the agreement expires, is subject to change.

GM note:  At present, the total purchase from the Athabasca Oil Sands region is projected to be 40.2 million barrels @ $50.00 a barrel, bringing the total expenditure to $2.010 billion.  This will be noted in the FY 2007 budget.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.020 billion for FY 2006.

1c.  Homeland Security Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.040 billion for FY 2006.

1d.  Interior Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.010 billion for FY 2006.

1e.  Veterans Affairs Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.065 billion for FY 2006.

1f.  Corps of Engineers - Civil Works

1g.  Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this agency is $0.007 billion for FY 2006.

1h.  National Aeronautics and Space Administration

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this agency is $0.020 billion for FY 2006.

1i.  Other Defense Civil Programs

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in these agencies is $0.040 billion for FY 2006.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 09:33:56 PM »

2a.  Agriculture Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 6-3 states that $1.000 billion per year shall be allotted to fund the perfection of desalination technology.  The term on this appropriation is 10 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2015.

The issue of farm subsidies has been dealt with on three occasions:  F.L. 7-4, the July budget cuts, and F.L. 9-13.  F.L. 9-13 is the relevant law for dealing with budget issues concerning FY 2006 affairs and in future years.

*F.L. 9-13 approves cutting $9.866 billion for FY 2006 and all future years in the Farm Service Agency of the Department of Agriculture.  Within the scope of these cuts is the elimination of sugar subsidies.  The term on these cuts is undefined, henceforth they last forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 9-13 states that $0.500 billion per year shall be allotted to the establishment of the Third World Agricultural Independence Agency.  The term on this appropriation is 5 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2010.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.060 billion for FY 2006.

2b.  Commerce Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.005 billion for FY 2006.

2c.  Education Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.060 billion for FY 2006.

*F.L. 8-6 repeals the Prescription Drug and Medicare Improvement Act of 2003.  The corresponding cuts for FY 2006 are $1.800 billion.  Cuts for FY 2007 through FY 2016 have been estimated at $557.700 billion, but these figures may change.

GM note:  Obviously, in this situation, we can simply ignore future references to this entitlement, unless it is brought back.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.200 billion for FY 2006.

2e.  Housing and Urban Development Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.030 billion for FY 2006.

2f.  Labor Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.055 billion for FY 2006.

*F.L. 5-4 states that $0.010 billion per year shall be allotted for research in Mag-Lev trains.  The term on this appropriation is 20 years, starting in FY 2006 and ending in FY 2025.

2h.  Treasury Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.100 billion for FY 2006.

2i.  National Science Foundation

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this foundation is $0.006 billion for FY 2006.

2j.  Office of Personal Management

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this office is $0.060 billion for FY 2006.

2k.  Small Business Administration

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.150 billion for FY 2006.

3.  Justice Dept.

*F.L. 6-19 makes the consumption, sale or possession of marijuana decriminalized by the federal government of Atlasia.  The corresponding cuts in law enforcement total $4.000 billion for FY 2006 and all future years.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.015 billion for FY 2006.

4.  State and International Affairs Dept.

4a.  State Dept.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.020 billion for FY 2006.

4b.  International Assistance Programs

*F.L. 5-1 states that $0.660 billion shall be allotted for funding to Taiwan.  The term on this appropriation is for FY 2006 only.  This figure shall increase to $0.720 billion for FY 2007, whereafter the term on this appropration is undefined, therefore it lasts forever, until repealed.

*F.L. 10-1 approves cuts in salaries for employees of all federal agencies and departments for FY 2006 only.  The total amount of the cuts in this department is $0.005 billion for FY 2006.

*F.L. 10-4 approves across-the-board cuts of $5.402 billion for FY 2006 in the International Assistance Programs division of the State Department.  This excludes the funds already appropriated by the Senate in relevant legislation for FY 2006.

GM note:  In future references, the above legislation F.L. 10-4 excludes the funds for FY 2007 and beyond.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 09:35:17 PM »

More to come, either later tonight or tomorrow.

Will include:

Effects of present legislation (11th Session forward)

Medicare/Medicaid/SS, debt-financing addendums.

And final budget statement for the moment.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »

Just wondering when we're going to get any more info? Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 03:21:32 PM »

Just wondering when we're going to get any more info? Smiley

Sorry, I should have it done later this evening.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 11:58:59 PM »

Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and Debt Financing Mandatory Adjustments

Treasury and Social Services Dept.

The mandatory additional moneys appropriated to this department (essentially Medicare and Medicaid) will be $31.092 billion. (almost $60 billion was saved through the repeal of the Prescription Drug Act Repeal, as an FYI in FY 2007).

2h.  Treasury Sub-Dept.

The mandatory additional moneys appropriate to this department (debt-financing) will be $36.020 billion.

The mandatory additional moneys approriated to this administration (federal old-age and survivors insurance trust fund essentially) will be $29.659 billion.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 12:09:50 AM »

Addition of Legislation from 11th Session of the Senate

2b.  Commerce Sub-Dept.

*F.L. 11-5 approves the abolition of the Minority Business Development Agency for FY 2007 and all future years.  The total amount of savings is $0.034 billion for FY 2007.

*F.L. 11-3 states that $3.750 billion per year shall be allotted to establish a grant program to assist local authorities in public transportation systems.  The term on this appropriation is 5 years, starting in FY 2007 and ending in FY 2025.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 01:00:07 AM »

Budget FY 2007 (general)

Branches of Government

1.  Legislative Branch - $2.169 billion

2.  Judicial Branch - $5.805 billion

3.  Executive Branch - $10.681 billion

3a.  Executive Office of the President - $0.341 billion
3b.  General Services Administration - $0.209 billion
3c.  Other Independent Agencies - $10.131 billion

Cabinet Departments

1.  Defense and Security Dept. - $619.531 billion (-$8.718 billion)

1a.  Defense Sub-Dept. (military) - $431.126 billion (-$0.972 billion)
1b.  Energy Sub-Dept. - $16.936 billion (+$2.309 billion)
1c.  Homeland Security Sub-Dept. - $31.374 billion (-$10.000 billion)
1d.  Interior Sub-Dept. - $10.581 billion (-0.055 billion)
1e.  Veterans Affairs Sub-Dept. - $65.220 billion (-$0.065 billion)
1f.  Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - $7.629 billion
1g.  National Aeronautics and Space Administration - $16.220 billion
1h.  Other Defense Civil Programs - $40.445 billion

2.  Treasury and Social Services Dept. - $1,953.382 billion (+$100.086 billion)

2a.  Agriculture Sub-Dept. - $58.357 billion
2b.  Commerce Sub-Dept. - $4.950 billion (-$0.034 billion)
2c.  Education Sub-Dept. - $56.374 billion
2d.  Health and Human Services Sub-Dept. - $600.681 billion (+$31.092 billion)
2e.  Housing and Urban Development Sub-Dept. - $33.386 billion
2f.  Labor Sub-Dept. - $57.266 billion
2g.  Transportation Sub-Dept. - $58.711 billion (+3.365 billion)
2h.  Treasury Sub-Dept. - $432.376 billion (+36.020 billion)
2i.  National Science Foundation - $5.764 billion
2j.  Office of Personal Management - $57.628 billion
2k.  Social Security Administration - $584.540 billion (+$29.659 billion)

3.  Justice Dept. - $17.761 billion (-$0.025 billion)

4.  State and International Affairs Dept. - $17.873 billion

4a.  State Dept. - $10.873 billion
4b.  International Assistance Programs - $7.000 billion

Total (BA):  $2,627.202 billion ($2.627 trillion)

Offsetting Receipts:  $125.567 billion

FINAL PROPOSED BUDGET:  $2,501.635 billion ($2.502 trillion)

FINAL PROJECTED REVENUES: $2.036.223 billion ($2.036 trillion)

PROJECTED BUDGET DEFICIT: $465.412 billion

FINAL PROJECTED GDP:  $11.294 Trillion
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 01:01:13 AM »

All is complete.  If you have any questions, please address them in this thread.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 01:12:13 AM »

Wouldn't the Federal Election Commission, and the National Archives and Records Administration fall under the Department of Forum Affairs instead of Other Independent Agencies? , The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the United States Commission on Civil Rights might also come under that aegis.  I want a budget of my own!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »

I would think the Secretary of Forum Affairs already has enough on his plate dealing with the restless natives who wish to serve him up for lunch at the first opportunity of weakness.  Tongue

Anyway, the FEC and the Archives were eliminated because both John Ford and I determined that the Wiki was our Archives and the SoFA was self-policing, so there was no need for an FEC.  It's one of the advantages to having a country run solely on the Internet.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »

Let's get the Twelfth Senate into motion.

Does the Senate wish to pass a budget before considering other legislation?

Per the Fourth Amendment:
The Senate must approve each and every Budget before considering any bill or constitutional amendment. However, the Senate may, by a vote of two-thirds of its number, waive this requirement.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 09:22:07 PM »

Let's get the Twelfth Senate into motion.

Does the Senate wish to pass a budget before considering other legislation?

Per the Fourth Amendment:
The Senate must approve each and every Budget before considering any bill or constitutional amendment. However, the Senate may, by a vote of two-thirds of its number, waive this requirement.

In accordance with the Fourth Amendment of the Second Constitution , I move that the Senate vote to waive it's requirement to approve the Budget

I feel that given the outstanding legislation from the Eleventh Senate that we address such first, before approving the Budget

'Hawk'
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2006, 09:24:57 PM »

Per Senator Hawk's motion, a vote will begin on this issue.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 05:44:47 AM »

I'm content to pass the budget as is whilst continuing to work at chiseling the deficit down through ordinary legislation outside of the budgetary process. We might also want to think about causing some economic growth to increase revenues.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 05:54:02 AM »

We might also want to think about causing some economic growth to increase revenues.

Communist! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies